Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Innovative and oh so cool! Rather than bring the Fit the US should have this.

5th Gear Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=280723957717355448&pl=true

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
"it looks like a teeny tiny coo-pay"

Love the differences between British and American English

and that car looks awesome!!!

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
i saw them recently when i went to the uk. it is a stunning car and makes all the other cars look just dull. with that said, i do LOVE the cars over in the uk oh so much.

-a

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
That's 55mpg, on diesel, in UK gallons using their test methods, which are different than the EPA's.

If they brought over the hatch, it wouldn't have the diesel and I would be suprised to see it get anything north of 40mpg, which considering both the Fit/Jazz and the civic sedan get 38mpg highway, it isn't saying much

It looks funky and I am sure ricers would eat it up, I've just never seen any apeal behind a civic.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I've never liked Civics, or hatchbacks, but that is actually pretty cool.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
My boss' daughter had a Honda Civic that would get 50+ mpg all the time . I forget exactly which year it was , somewhere about '94-'95 era - it was a Civic VX (lightweight model , from what I was told) . She told me it repeatedly got 50-55 mpg no probs (and so did my friend who owned it before her , since new) ... that is until some tool ran a stopsign & clobbered it while she was at college in Boston a year or 2 ago . She now drives a Mazda 6 .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
My boss' daughter had a Honda Civic that would get 50+ mpg all the time . I forget exactly which year it was , somewhere about '94-'95 era - it was a Civic VX (lightweight model , from what I was told) .

Yeah, the VX was the one that used some fuel-swirly technique in cylinder filling to improve combustion, but I'm sure it was at the price of some other performance aspect. Also had thin low-resistance (= low grip) tires and stuff like that. You can really optimize those cars for fuel efficiency, but it doesn't make them any fun to drive.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Thats from an old episode... December 5th to be exact. Anyways, thats really strange that it gets posted now because i was just telling someone that they should bring that car over. I'd like the diesel as a daily driver.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
And Europe has better diesel fuel sold at the pump. The better fuel will be coming here if gas stays at 2.69+/gallon.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
A lot of innovation in such a little car. Love the "walk through" back seat area and the voice-command system (that and their nav systms being the industry benchmarks from what I hear). The styling of is growing on me ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard