Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I dunno. It looks like a mini Vibe. I would hate to be involved in a collision in it though. I dont care how many airbags it has, an SUV would pulverize that car.

It would be a fun little car and it would be cool if they zipped it up a bit say in an Si form.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by XKontour98:
...it would be cool if they zipped it up a bit say in an Si form.

Word.

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Knowing Honda though,its only a matter of time before there will be a mounting kit that will drop the 2.4L from the TSX into that cart turning it into a 204hp beast! Now that would be a project car worth buying! Imagine adding the turbo setup on top of that and you could potentially be pushing 400-500 hp

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
It makes essentially the same HP and I think more torque than the CRX Si did back in the day. And the CRX Si was a great driver's car. There's more body in the Fit (known in the rest of the world as Jazz), but Autoweek says it does an 8.5sec 0-60 (and there's no way the Yaris approaches that...it's a second and a half off the pace), and I bet with some performance rubber and its Sport package, you'd have a killer city car.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
what about the performance corrola. Wasn't that car under 8 seconds in the 0-60?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Why wouldn't said consumer buy a Civic instead? They are going after the Xa market?

This car is nothing more than another 5dr hatch in the already cluttered market. It offers nothing innovative and at $15K there is a lot of competition. The Yaris is supposed to be a bargain basement $12K Econo-Box.

Mazda 3
Mazda 5
ZX5
Aveo
HHR
PT
Suzuki Reno
Kia Spectra 5
Hyundai Elantra GT

Others

C/D Just did a shootout of $15k cars and the fit finished first.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
This is a nice little thing, but why even bother with an Si!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

But the Civic gets the same MPG, offers more room, and is a great car that can be had near $15K. It's not like the Xa's are flying off lots and they are small! Aveo anyone?

Americans have never wanted sub-compacts, perhaps if this contraption got 50mpg then yes, but many a car gets 35mpg and we all know that when you are competing for lane space with Suburbans and pickup trucks nobody wants to be in a sub-compact.

The fit has more interior room. And for $15k you get a loaded fit or a Civic DX, sounds like a no brainer to me.

The fit is a little disapointing in the mileage, but considering it is more of a box that makes sense. Gets better city mpg and about the same on the highway tho.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
im with pete, this little thing is a waste when it only gets 31/38 gas mileage, compared to other cars thats kinda weak.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
im with pete, this little thing is a waste when it only gets 31/38 gas mileage, compared to other cars thats kinda weak.

Not really, because when you compare 0-60 times, the Fit runs away. Honda was aiming squarely at the Toyota/Scion offerings with this car, and they decided to trade off a little mileage against making it a more dynamic driving experience.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard