Originally posted by stilov:
I thought he was saying 5k miles...not $$$

So did I.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Yeah, 5,000+ miles. I don't have that kinda cash, plus I can build myself a super sweet bike for $2,000. Nothing more than that is necessary...it's just the "look what I have" factor beyond that.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
It is funny that I am not the only one to go the Audi route. Keyser was looking for one but had already bought the LS8 when his dealer contacted him on an S4. He gave them my phone number and the car sold itself. So, I gave up a Contour (with $45K in) for pennies on the dollar and now I drive an S4. Thanks again Keyser!

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SQPlus:
LOL at Derek, that is quite a beast, be careful. That has to be a good car if you're carrying cargo very often. You still bike a lot right?

Bro, I know what you mean, oddly enough the '00 and '01 S4(B4 Chassis) like sams are lighter than the original body. Their still a 'shade' heavier than your 'tour though. So, lightweight, rear wheel drive, uncomfortable...you're getting what...a fox body mustang!? Egads!! I might have to start refering to you has my stepbrother!

I guess you're right, all I need to do now is grow a mullet, cut the sleeves off all of my shirts, and start beating my girlfriend huh. Sorry brother, I'm not going to drive anything with pushrods and a scorching 6000RPM redline.I'm thinking E36 M3,or MB c230,something along those lines.

2000 Silver SVT
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
dont get the C230 if you like to move - I think derek would have your hide in a drag race

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Thanks for the advice.I guess most lower end MB's are kinda dogs huh?Looks like I'll have to go the way of an older bimmer.

Last edited by tsSVT; 03/22/06 03:11 PM.

2000 Silver SVT
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
Yeah, 5,000+ miles. I don't have that kinda cash, plus I can build myself a super sweet bike for $2,000. Nothing more than that is necessary...it's just the "look what I have" factor beyond that.

I stand corrected, I figured you had more sense than that but knew it possible to sink that kind of cash on a bike.

Originally posted by tsSVT:
Thanks for the advice.I guess most lower end MB's are kinda dogs huh?Looks like I'll have to go the way of an older bimmer.

I'd have to agree with Horse on that one. Its not so much that the Benz is slow its just the gearing of the tranny and the weight of the car that make it feel that way. The motors are really very nice and very smooth but unless you get something AMG modded out with Renntech gear its going to feel.....'pigish'.. The BMW would be much closer to the sportiness you're looking for.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by SQPlus:
Originally posted by Derk-xB:

I stand corrected, I figured you had more sense than that but knew it possible to sink that kind of cash on a bike.

Originally posted by tsSVT:

I'd have to agree with Horse on that one. Its not so much that the Benz is slow its just the gearing of the tranny and the weight of the car that make it feel that way. The motors are really very nice and very smooth but unless you get something AMG modded out with Renntech gear its going to feel.....'pigish'.. The BMW would be much closer to the sportiness you're looking for.

wrongo
you can get even the bigger V6 and feel good about it - its just a good case of small engine lugging around big car, just like a 323 BMW.

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
The only real issue with the bimmer is parts are so damn expensive.They make the parts for your audi look reasonable.Go to turner motorsports website and you'll understand.But I will eventually need a winter beater,then I'll need an audi,so it's just a matter of time.

2000 Silver SVT
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard