Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I guess you are right, but I paid 27K for it 3 years ago. I guess its just a tad bit insulting to here some used car chump calling me a punk within earshoot.

95 GL SVT hybrid 02 Blazer xtreme 01 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
well i can understand ur position and it seems u were more kind then i would have been

the salesperson would've came back to an empty desk

FORMER OWNER 2000 Black SVT #934 of 2150
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by The Mad Ugly SVT:
was this a Ford dealership?

Yes it was and I won't mention names. I don't think my car is "cheap" and I won't be getting rid of it any time soon. I have had some repairs done to it but a) I think for the almost 5 years I have had it its not been a bad car and b) I bought it used so what can you expect and c) I keep up on my maintenence. Also I was told that at 130,000 miles Ford has a package deal of I guess would be required maintence. they do things like flush the tranny, replace the fuel filter and a coolant flush for a little over 400.00. Anyone hear of this? I thought if you havent flushed the tranny since the car was new, that you should not do it at all. I am curious. Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by contour96; 02/12/06 03:36 AM.

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by contour96:
Originally posted by The Mad Ugly SVT:
was this a Ford dealership?

Yes it was and I won't mention names. I don't think my car is "cheap" and I won't be getting rid of it any time soon. I have had some repairs done to it but a) I think for the almost 5 years I have had it its not been a bad car and b) I bought it used so what can you expect and c) I keep up on my maintenence. Also I was told that at 130,000 miles Ford has a package deal of I guess would be required maintence. they do things like flush the tranny, replace the fuel filter and a coolant flush for a little over 400.00. Anyone hear of this? I thought if you havent flushed the tranny since the car was new, that you should not do it at all. I am curious. Thanks for the comments.

well im sure if u traded it in, the dealership has some sort of safety inspection in which they would incure any maintinence or repairs needed to be done. plus if they were to retail ur vehicle on their used lot it would also need to be put through a cleanup stage where the entire vehicle would be detailed.
at the dealership i work at these items are always listed under reconditioning on the trade vehicle.

FORMER OWNER 2000 Black SVT #934 of 2150
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I thought if you havent flushed the tranny since the car was new, that you should not do it at all. I am curious. Thanks for the comments.

I have done hundreds of tranny flushes. Dont listen to old folk tales. I did it for 3 years. Get it done, every 50k.
If u havn't gooten it done yet, go now. Take it to an oilcahnge shop or something 70.00 dollars. Thats all.

Take it to a Valvoline instant oil change. Corporate stores only. They waranty it. Trust me i was manager of a store.

So if anything goes worng you havea corporation to help you. ANd they will!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Quote:

but I paid 27K for it 3 years ago

Damn, those things aren't cheap As far as him "sterotyping" you, I would've raised hell with his boss about that, even if you weren't actually buying something, thats just BS And then they wanna know why their about to be #2, because they treat people like #2

Last edited by The EX- Striped SVT; 02/12/06 09:49 PM.

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Yea as soon as I have the money, its getting done. Trust me, I take very good care of my car. Things might not get fixed right away, but they do get fixed. But I am up on all my maintanice.

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
since they treat their customers like #2 you should go #2 on his desk. then flip the desk over....never mind i am just crazy like that.

Ben

95 SE ATX Electric red mucho mods 2005 Scion xB Black Sand Pearl tinted windows red leather steering wheel US Army Mechanic
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Ya know I thought about that...LOL Now my panel heat and floor heat doesn't work and I'm 100% sure that they forgot to hook up a vacuum line onto the manifold. Or knocked it off accidently. Either way now I have to take it back there next week...AUGH!

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Ya know I thought about that...LOL Now my panel heat and floor heat doesn't work and I'm 100% sure that they forgot to hook up a vacuum line onto the manifold. Or knocked it off accidently. Either way now I have to take it back there next week...AUGH!

ummm that is soo easy it isnt even funny...go out there and look for the gray colored line coming off the firewall and plug it back in...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard