P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
* I posted this in the suspension forum, no help*
my 98 se is rubbing when
i hit dips all my tires rub the fender. i did replace
the front 2 shocks but not any springs. can any 1 tell me the problem and how much it will 2 fix I tihnk it may be my springs if so how much will that cost to fix. I have factory rims on the car now. it sounds rlaly bad when i hit a dip in the road. Thanks

fs: 18 wheels http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427473402 WANTED: svt kit For poor college student
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
if it's the springs take it in for the recall if not done already!!!!!
Click me link 1

Click me link2 recalls

Make : FORD Model : CONTOUR Year : 1998
Build Dates : 19960909 - 19980418
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 01V255000
Date Owner's Notified: 20011023 Date Received by ODI: 20010808 Date Added to Databse: 20010823
Manufacturer's Involved: FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Manufacturer's Responsible for the Recall: FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Manufacturer Campaign Number: 01S23
Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT:SPRINGS:COIL SPRINGS
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 108000
Summary:
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES BUILT AT THE KANSAS CITY ASSEMBLY PLANT AND ORIGINALLY SOLD IN OR CURRENTLY REGISTERED IN THE STATES OF CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK , OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WEST VIRGINIA, AND WISCONSIN, AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. THE FRONT COIL SPRINGS MAY FRACTURE AS A RESULT OF CORROSION IN HIGH CORROSION ENVIRONMENTS. DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THE FRACTURE, A BROKEN SPRING COULD MOVE PAST THE SPRING SEAT AND CONTACT A FRONT TIRE.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard