Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Recentley my car over heated and my mechanic replaced my fan relay and my thermostat. However when ever i got to turn my car off. I take the key out of the ignition the car stays on. I have to disconnect the battery to turn it off. Please someone help me this is kicking my ass. Thanks

fs: 18 wheels http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427473402 WANTED: svt kit For poor college student
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Someone else is having this same problem... always on
Does your engine stop? If it does, same problem. Did you get a new waterpump too?

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Try this simple test. Remove your steering column shroud. On the back of the ignition switch there is the electrical connector. You press the tab on one side and it clips out. Start the car and after you shut if off, just unplug the switch. If the car stops, you need a new switch...

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
A good test

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
My ignition does this once in a while as well.
I can take the key out of it with the car running.
Try to lubricate the ignition with some graphite with a small amount of Liquid Wrench. It should work.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard