Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
The soldiers that burned the Taliban bodies are going to face disciplinary actions. However, it's b.s. if you ask me. They should be discharged for misconduct.

Whatever

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
there are only like what 444 billion muslems in the world now, we can take em all on!!

sounds like another typical excuse. kinda like a parent covering up for his obnoxious bully kid. im suprised that the brass is willing to excuse the poor actions of such low-level guys. i would think they would make an example out of them. unless of course they actually think that anyone will buy the "hygenic" reasoning..

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
all's fair in love and war.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I don't see what is wrong with burning Taliban bodies.

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
what would you say if taliban members burned dead american bodies?

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Wouldn't be surprised if they did.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You want to know what is [censored]? Is how we (Americans) get more pissed off at our own military than the enemy. You guys want to hang these guys for [censored] reasons. And they are being 'hanged'. The 'Junior OFficers' will most likely now never be promoted and squeezed out, and the Enlisted guys will have blemishes on their records and most likely never get promoted again and they too squeezed out.

How do you know it wasn't for hygenic reasons? Were you there? Do you know what the units mission was?

The average service man's understanding of the Muslim religion and culture is pathetic and that is a DoD problem. We (US DoD) need to do a better job educating the warfighter on this issue and it will lead to a better fighter in the US military.

The 'taunting' was because they were fighting a Taliban enemy and trying to get them to reemerge from the civilian town. That's a good enough reason for me. That is what they are there for, to fight and kill the bad guy!

It irritates the living hell out of me that the American public gets more pissed off at border line stupid [censored] such as this, but not at the fact that guys heads are sawed off with dull machete blades and blown up on a daily basis.

Put yourselves in their [censored] shoes for a minute. Think about the situation and how YOU'd react to it.

IMO, these guys are getting punished because the Afghani's want someone to be held accountable so go for the little man. [censored] that.

Ryan Trollin!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
You want to know what is [censored]? Is how we (Americans) get more pissed off at our own military than the enemy. You guys want to hang these guys for [censored] reasons. And they are being 'hanged'. The 'Junior OFficers' will most likely now never be promoted and squeezed out, and the Enlisted guys will have blemishes on their records and most likely never get promoted again and they too squeezed out.

How do you know it wasn't for hygenic reasons? Were you there? Do you know what the units mission was?

The average service man's understanding of the Muslim religion and culture is pathetic and that is a DoD problem. We (US DoD) need to do a better job educating the warfighter on this issue and it will lead to a better fighter in the US military.

The 'taunting' was because they were fighting a Taliban enemy and trying to get them to reemerge from the civilian town. That's a good enough reason for me. That is what they are there for, to fight and kill the bad guy!

It irritates the living hell out of me that the American public gets more pissed off at border line stupid [censored] such as this, but not at the fact that guys heads are sawed off with dull machete blades and blown up on a daily basis.

Put yourselves in their [censored] shoes for a minute. Think about the situation and how YOU'd react to it.

IMO, these guys are getting punished because the Afghani's want someone to be held accountable so go for the little man. [censored] that.

Oh, believe me. I'm pissed at the enemy! If you're going to take that stance why don't we just indiscriminately kill, torture, maim, and exterminate their entire populous? Yes, war is ugly. Sure I'm not in their shoes but, that still doesn't excuse their behavior or our military's reaction to it period. When news like this gets out it undermines what we're trying to accomplish and causes more damage than good. I don't know if you've noticed, but we're not the most popular people in the world now are we?

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
IMO, they're not burning enough garbage over there.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Oh, believe me. I'm pissed at the enemy! If you're going to take that stance why don't we just indiscriminately kill, torture, maim, and exterminate their entire populous? Yes, war is ugly. Sure I'm not in their shoes but, that still doesn't excuse their behavior or our military's reaction to it period. When news like this gets out it undermines what we're trying to accomplish and causes more damage than good. I don't know if you've noticed, but we're not the most popular people in the world now are we?

What stance? Because I give the men and women in the tree suit the benefit of the doubt? I never said I condone torture, indscrimate killing, etc. There are times when no [censored] things happen and people at the lower levels just make mistakes. Have you ever made an accounting error in your job? I bet so. From what I've read on the issue, I don't believe that these guys set out to descrate the bodies, and that is what the beef is all about.

The top dog is never the most popular; in anything. People (i.e. the World) is going to find any thing to hate us about. What aobut the reporting about the supposed descaration about the Koran that was never proved? The media blows [censored] like this out of proportion all the time. Was it a mistake? Yes. Are people being punished? Yes. However, that is never good enough for today's age.

Ryan Trollin!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard