Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SAV:
I dunno man...Mazda may have created an answer to a question that nobody is currently asking.

Think about it. A $30,000 BMW 330Xi is going to have vinylesque seats, no radar cruise control and all kinds of "luxury" things that make a BMW a BMW missing or unavailable. To get a comparable BMW would be more money, simply because BMW is not a brand mentioned in the same sentence as Mazda; it resides in the class above. Alternatively, Mazda is not hardcore enough to go against class brawlers such as the EVO IX and WRX STI (yes, it is a CAPITAL I this year). The Subaru Legacy GT-B is basically the only car almost directly squared off against the MS6. Hm...natch, another Japanese car is the only competition.

I think it's an awesome car, but it may not be around long because it sits smack dab in the middle of two different classes of vehicle.

-SAV

sounds a lot like the CSVT in principle.

i think the car is hot and it's on the list for 2006. i would LOVE a 6 wagon or hatch with the MS6 powertrain. forget cross shopping!

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Spec B Legacy Gt would get my money - hands down.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
You know Ford is gonna learn from Mazda and in another 2-3 years you can bet an SVT Fusion will be for sale - let's hope any bugs are worked out by then and they improve on anything needing improving.

I'm betting on close to 300 Hp & TQ by that time ... just in time to turn in the bimmer.

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by sigma:
Originally posted by jtour:
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Originally posted by jtour:
Lucky dog!!!!!!!

My neighbor has the MS6 and it is nice ride. He bought his used. I would rather go with the EVO/STI. But still its a hot car.

How in the hell did he buy it used, it just came out

Dealer used the car. It had 10,000 miles on it!!

Someone's lying.

jtour? Lying? Who would've thought!

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by LBVSVT:
You know Ford is gonna learn from Mazda and in another 2-3 years you can bet an SVT Fusion will be for sale - let's hope any bugs are worked out by then and they improve on anything needing improving.

I'm betting on close to 300 Hp & TQ by that time ... just in time to turn in the bimmer.

i'd still prefer to go to a Mazda dealer if something goes wrong. i simply can't trust Ford's service.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by baco99:

i'd still prefer to go to a Mazda dealer if something goes wrong. i simply can't trust Ford's service.

There are probably as many complaints on Mazda service (or any other marque's) as Ford's.

Anyway... I really was hoping the MazdaSpeed6 was going to be more like a SVT Contour. Instead, they went with a AWD sedan with a turbo-4 and boring styling. The idiots even stripped out the folding rear seat!

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
Originally posted by baco99:

There are probably as many complaints on Mazda service (or any other marque's) as Ford's.

Anyway... I really was hoping the MazdaSpeed6 was going to be more like a SVT Contour. Instead, they went with a AWD sedan with a turbo-4 and boring styling. The idiots even stripped out the folding rear seat!

They fold down, someone from the Mazda6 forums found that they do fold down, you just have a little cross-bracing in the way.

2005 WR Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005 Silver Mazda 6s 5-Door ATX Bose Sound, Moonroof, Leather, Clear Tails, Sirius
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SAV:
I dunno man...Mazda may have created an answer to a question that nobody is currently asking.

Think about it. A $30,000 BMW 330Xi is going to have vinylesque seats, no radar cruise control and all kinds of "luxury" things that make a BMW a BMW missing or unavailable.

That's key. And you never hear about stripped-out BMWs being available. I think the MS6 has a better shot at popularity than some seem to give it credit for, although it may take some discounts.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Horse:
my local Mazda and Ford dealer does everything in their power to drive me away. I think they have finally succeded. I go in there from time to time to look at new things. Lets just say ill buy a used M45 before ill buy a car form them.

Just don't take that M45 to Ramsey Infiniti in NJ and you will be happy.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Anyone who considers why they bought the SVT contour shouldent really be raggin on the MS6, basically its the same car in a different era, short run production, fast, in a class of its own, barly no competitor, small styling ques, leather, 6 speed(5 for SVT). IMO its a natural progression up from an SVT. BTW here are some pics of my dad's MS6:

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard