Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Picked up 2 kits today. Seems that in some of the pictures, the tires are still contacting each other. Looks like I will still have to place cardboard or carpet in between. No big deal, just don't want the sidewalls touching each other.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by cawong11:
Picked up 2 kits today. Seems that in some of the pictures, the tires are still contacting each other. Looks like I will still have to place cardboard or carpet in between. No big deal, just don't want the sidewalls touching each other.

I think those smaller discs are supposed to separate them.

I'm sure they won't touch with those Corolla rims

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by GapBoyPCS:
Originally posted by cawong11:

I think those smaller discs are supposed to separate them.

I'm sure they won't touch with those Corolla rims

I see. I will try to set up my SRT-4 stock wheels in the afternoon.

COrolla wheels? Heh, not ever (as my daughter would say).

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Well...just put the kit together. The only stupid part is having to hammer in the legs to the main "X" of the stand. Otherwise, it seems sturdy enough. I haven't pulled out the cover just yet - the tire bags cover 3 of the 4 tires. Just wish there was a pouch or something to put the centre caps

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I just smacked the legs in against a carpet on the ground. My cover fits all four wheels. The centre caps, I just stored them in a ziploc bag, separate one for the lugs.

Not a bad set up for $24.99.

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
... picked mine up this afternoon at lunch ... will assemble on the weekend. Thx Richard for the heads up!

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I missed out on the last round and have been waiting....
Today they're back on sale for $24.99, going to get me one today!

Think I'm gonna pick up one of these too. On sale $149.00 reg $249.00

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp

Last edited by chongo; 12/22/05 12:56 PM.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I know a few guys on the job site who have that drill and really like it and for that price you cannot go wrong they basically have the same spec as the "better" brand dewalt and a lot cheaper

dewalt impact drill

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The better deal is to get the electric impact gun, that is if you have the place to plug it in. Much more powerful. And as we all know, "MORE POWER! UGH! UGH! UGH!" I used it doing my control arms and it was awesome. It usually comes on for $99 a few times during the year. Hard to argue with 250 ft/lbs without a compressor.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
The better deal is to get the electric impact gun, that is if you have the place to plug it in. Much more powerful. And as we all know, "MORE POWER! UGH! UGH! UGH!" I used it doing my control arms and it was awesome. It usually comes on for $99 a few times during the year. Hard to argue with 250 ft/lbs without a compressor.

What's funny is it's on sale now for $99.90 but it's 228ft/lb

I bought the 3KO cordless because believe or not I don't own a cordless drill. I've electric everything.
This comes with drill bits, screw drivers and square adaptors. 1050 in/lb or 87.5 ft/lb
My mechanic buddies use em and love them. They told me worth the money.

Funny thing is when I went to CT they're listed on the shelves for $249.
I walked over to customer service and said are they on sale or not, because they are on the website.
She said that it's not listed on the computer and they don't have internet access, but believed
me enough to give it to me at $149.99.

I see nothing on the CT website for a start date of this sale. Other than last 4 day sale.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard