Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Ok, im trying to take new approaches to eating, etc .. etc. I know i eat a lot more than i have put into this list but it's 4am and i can't think of what i usually eat.

My mind is fried, i want some feedbacks on my daily eating habbits from those that know

GOALS: Continue to gain mass (calorie intake on sheet is too low) Maintain low level of body fat %

(BORING DIETS WELCOME... taste is of no concern)

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Salmon and Ahi Tuna steaks are absolute "must haves" in a mass/lean diet.

Up your intake of berries(strawberries, black and blue) all have massive "good things" as well as minimal sugars.

Oranges in the morning are good since citric acid helps kick start you metabolsim.

Mustard and vinegar(ie. oil and vineagr dressing) help to kick up your metabolic rate also.

When you eat is also very important since you burn 30% more calories and use the nutrients in food more efficiently if you eat within 30 minutes of the end of your workout(if you work our more than once a day your biggest meal should be after your most intense workout).

That's all I got for now.
HTH

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Your fat intake is under 7%. That's borderline unhealthy. Fat does not make you fat unless you eat loads and are lethargic or eat it with high glycemic index carbs.

Why only the whites? low fat?(I hope they're cooked)

Which meal is PWO?

What about your PWO shake?

I eat three big meals with 2 snacks between each and one before bed for a total of 8.

Don't forget:
Cottage cheese
Peanut butter
Sweet potatoes
Legumes (all the beans)
Brown rice
Nuts, olive oil, and fish oil
Lots of green veggies!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
You definitely need more greens/veggies in that diet. I see the spinach and carrots, but those are a very small proportion of your overall diet. Yeah, maybe greens aren't necessary for 'getting big', but you need them for your overall and long-term health. This will sound like blasphemy, but you will probably benefit from substituting a couple servings of vegetables for 2 of your scoops of protein. 345 grams of protein seems a bit high for a 3,000 calorie diet.

You also need some quality fat. Add a tablespoon of milled flax seed to your protein shakes. This will add a little flavor and give you some calories, fat, and Omega-3s. Also, drizzle some olive oil on that pasta and/or cook your chicken with it.

And I agree with whoever said to add berries to your shakes. They add great taste and nutrition. You can find frozen, no-sugar-added berries of all kinds at your grocery store. My favorite protein shake now is ON double chocolate, milk, 1/4 cup light vanilla yogurt, and about 3/4 cup frozen blueberries.

Your diet may seem like it has all the things needed for just building muscle, but it's nutritionally light. My guess is that if you add some vegetables, berries, and quality fats you'll feel better and even start to see more complete results.

EDIT: I forgot to add some fish. I love salmon and shrimp because of the many cooking options they give.

Last edited by Davo; 10/07/05 01:41 PM.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Rogerm60:

Why only the whites? low fat?(I hope they're cooked)

Don't forget:
Cottage cheese
Peanut butter
Sweet potatoes
Legumes (all the beans and nuts)
Brown rice
olive oil, fish oil
Lots of green veggies!

Whites only so he's not consuming too much cholesterol.

In all reality, the American diet has plenty of protein in it. Your body likes to use CHO for energy FIRST, then fat, then protien last. Don't consume protein as a fuel source, but rather as building/maintenance supplies. Burn up the CHOs during the work out, and if your body has plenty of protein left over, you'll use it for repairing and building muscle.

Roger's "Don't forget" list is good stuff!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
this is good info guys, keep it coming, I lift daily as well, and I basically eat:
1. Milk+oatmeal for brkfst, Bananan
2. Turkey/Ham something sandwich, Apple+other fruit, nut mix, diet coke for lunch
3. 4 or 5pm protein bar (MEtx ones, with 30g protein and like a gazzillion vitamines+glutamine, they're freakin' $1.99 each though!)
4. Work out after work
5. Bloody have crap for dinner, like 3 hotdogs, or like a tuna sandwich, or like chicken+rice, or pasta or something.
6. I end up eating an evening snack, primarily because I'm diabetic and my blood sugars drop over night if I don't since the lifting consumes A LOT of calories overnight, you'd be surprised!

As for your diet, dude, add some more veggies and fruits. . .veggies are freebies, they don't add much of anything, and throw in some fish like everyone else said. . .I need to start buying salmon and tuna steaks, YEAH! Go Mercury poisoning!

G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Davo:
My favorite protein shake now is ON double chocolate, milk, 1/4 cup light vanilla yogurt, and about 3/4 cup frozen blueberries.

LOL! THat's the exact flavor i been buying for months

I FORGOT TO MENTION:

I take Animal Pak Multivitamins, ZMA, L-Arganine, L-GLutamine, Ginseng , which covers a lot of my vitamin and other needs.

These lists are awesome guys! I knew i was missing something in my list, i will update the list.

As for my protein intake perhaps being too high: PERHAPS, but since i stepped it up to that level i have noticed considerable gains in strength and physique.

My after workout meal consists of carrots immediately (to up my blood sugar (it's a simple car)) and a protein shake, then i drive home (15min drive) and i usually have chicken with some rice

Maybe it would help if i decribed my workout sessions.
(some may consider my 1hour 30+ minutes onorthodox, but Jay Cutler spends 4+ hours in the gym, and i see better results from this training than 30-45minutes, my recovery is great.

Monday: Chest

Consists of Dumbell flat and inclined bench // Wide grip flat and inclined bench // Seated tower fly's (mega set) // Standing tower raises // Peck deck

Tuesday: Back & Biceps

Pullups // Seated Bent over rows // Bent over Rows // Dumbell Bent over Rows // Stiff Leg dead lifts // sitted close pull downs // Preacher Curls // Dumbell Curls // Wide grip curls // Isolation curls on tower // Hammer curls

Wednesday: Abs and Cardio

Ab roller // Tower crunch (using cable tower) Scissor kicks // Sit ups with weight using a "V" chair // 20minute Cardio

Thursday: Shoulders

Dumbell Press // Military Press // Frontal Raises // Lateral Raises // Side raises using tower machine // Shrugs

Friday: Triceps:

Skull Crushers // Close Grip bench // The Tower's Revenge (bar pull down, reverse pulldown, overhead push) // Weighted dips // Rope

Saturday: Legs

Calf Raises // Lounges // Squats // Leg Press // Leg Extensions // Leg curls

Sunday: Abs and Cardio

Ab roller // Tower crunch (using cable tower) Scissor kicks // Sit ups with weight using a "V" chair // 20minute Cardio

Last edited by gSto; 10/07/05 08:56 PM.

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I think you need more total fat and more calories as well. This might be blashphemy but worry more about adding mass, even if it does up your body fat a tiny bit.

It seems all the guys that I know that are sooo concerned with putting on lean mass just end up hitting some plateu. Some of it does have to do with your body type, muscle type and whatnot, but regardless I think you should have quite a bit more fat in there.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I don't know about the fat, since i cut my fat intake ive had a lot more energy and huge strength gains

Those numbers might be off, but im starting to believe more and more that programs that work for some wont for others, i mite just use fat very different than the average person...

I'm not so much worried on fat since i can take some flax seed oil or fish oil if need be

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I'll get my roomies take on all this. He is on MSU's wrestling team...knows his stuff. I basically just eat a lot of salmon, tuna, hard boiled eggs, bacon, chicken, steak, and of course whatever veggies. I lift daily except on the weekends. In a year I have gained 25 lbs while maintaining 10% body fat. I would like to throw on a nother 10 lbs by Dec/Jan.
I know that is a lot to work for, but I really didn't get to lift much over the summer. I wanna say those 25 lbs were really from sept of 04 to may 05.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!

Link Copied to Clipboard