Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Woodencross:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
my attitude is not stupid, I just don't live my life on high alert.

And what is this about using our resources? What shortage of resources do we have? I am not worried about any illegals using our "resources".

we've got a much bigger problem with LEGAL citizens using our system.

But since you guys are on such high alert and in fear of terrorist attacks due to illegal immigrants maybe we should just shut the borders down. Nobody leave, nobody come in? Sounds good to me.

[/sarcasm]

Yes, the ILLEGALS USE OUR RESOURCES by crossing the border illegally, using our school systems for their children, using our free public hospitals because they don't have their own healthcare, using our welfare system to survive, work for cash under the table taking away a huge tax base, and send a lot if not most of their income (whatever little it may be) back to Mexico. THOSE ARE AMERICAN RESOURCES THAT THEY ARE USING!

You ask about a shortage of resources? It's called "limited resources." The more that is spent on illegal immigrants means the less we have for Americans.

As for Americans using American's resources? Hmmmm, what could possibly be wrong with an American using AMERICAN resources? Of course, we there are those Americans who use the system ILLEGALLY for their own good. But aside from those, what is wrong with an American citizen using the system properly that has been set up for him/her?

As for shutting the borders down? It might not be a bad idea for a while, or at least until we can get our own problems figured out!!

A house divided will not stand!!

Limited resources in the US? As rich as this country is I'd hardly call it limited resources. I understand what you are trying to say but when you use those examples all it sounds like to me is immigrants trying to receive something they may not be able to get in Mexico. I don't see them as taking advantage of what we have here but rather trying to live a better life. What is wrong with wanting to receive a good education or healthcare or a job. These are all valid reasons for wanting to come to the US. You can't become legal over night so what exactly are they supposed to do until they become legal?

As far as handing them money under the table goes, well that is the fault of the companies. Don't pay them and they wont come...if you keep paying them why would they have a reason to leave? They now have somewhat of an income to take care of themselves when they may have not had a damn thing in Mexico.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Limited resources in the US? As rich as this country is I'd hardly call it limited resources. I understand what you are trying to say but when you use those examples all it sounds like to me is immigrants trying to receive something they may not be able to get in Mexico. I don't see them as taking advantage of what we have here but rather trying to live a better life. What is wrong with wanting to receive a good education or healthcare or a job. These are all valid reasons for wanting to come to the US. You can't become legal over night so what exactly are they supposed to do until they become legal?

WAIT

No, there's nothing wrong with them wanting a "better" life, but there are LEGAL ways of getting that life. If you resort to CRIMINAL ACTIVITY then all you are doing is living under the law.

If they want to come to the US, then let them do it legally or not at all...

As far as handing them money under the table goes, well that is the fault of the companies. Don't pay them and they wont come...if you keep paying them why would they have a reason to leave? They now have somewhat of an income to take care of themselves when they may have not had a damn thing in Mexico.

No kidding that's the fault of the companies. But you take that opportunity away from the companies, search and find and prosecute the companies that are doing illegal activity, and KEEP THE ILLEGALS OUT OF THE COUNTRY, then we have no problems, except for those from our LEGAL CITIZENS.

Listen, this has nothing to do with "keeping the immigrant down." It's great that our country has the ability to take in the people that we do (LEGALLY) and allow them to make for themselves a better life (LEGALLY). This entire subject has to do with the ILLEGAL immigrant.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Oh, and another thing.

If the illegal immigrants want a better life, there's nothing that a good revolt won't change in their own country!!!

If you don't like the government that you are under, step up and do something about it. Keep going until it's done. Don't stop. That's how America was founded and here we are 200+ years later still going strong.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Oh, and another thing.

If the illegal immigrants want a better life, there's nothing that a good revolt won't change in their own country!!!

If you don't like the government that you are under, step up and do something about it. Keep going until it's done. Don't stop. That's how America was founded and here we are 200+ years later still going strong.

A revolt? Thats a great idea! America worked out because it had the resources or the potential to get the resources to become a standalone country apart from the British. Mexico isnt exactly like that, they dont have the booming economy or potential to have one, so a revolt to put new leaders up to govern would still leave Mexico with the same amount of resources it had to begin with, and thus people will still want to immigrate over here.

-ivan c.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
if all the illegal immigrants went through the process and became legal, they'd still use up those same resources, only they'd now be "certified legal immigrants" and/or citizens. still sending their kids to our schools, still using our hospitals, still working under the table and not paying taxes, still sending the $ home to Mexico. what will have changed?

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Oh, and another thing.

Um, Actually the Americans that wanted a better life fled their native nations to move into a land that wasn't their own, took it (often forcibly) from those that had it before them, and used its' resources for themselves.

Wow, that sounds kinda familiar.

Yes, what you say is true, but you forgot the first part of the story.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'm tired of hearing that arguement. That was 300+ years ago. We also had slaves back then too, so its ok to have slaves too...

Originally posted by sigma:
Oh, and another thing.

Um, Actually the Americans that wanted a better life fled their native nations to move into a land that wasn't their own, took it (often forcibly) from those that had it before them, and used its' resources for themselves.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'm tired of hearing that arguement. That was 300+ years ago. We also had slaves back then too, so its ok to have slaves too...

Originally posted by sigma:
Oh, and another thing.

So the 200-year-old argument about fighting for freedom is applicable but the 300-year-old argument isn't? I guess I didn't get the "250-years-is-the-max-time-limit" memo.

And slippery slope is so elementary, particularly when it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. And just a little FYI, we had slaves 200 years ago too, so I guess the previous poster's point is equally moot. Hell, let's just remove all historical lessons learned prior to 1864, because we had slaves back then, and Lord knows we wouldn't want to relive that whole period of history again.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I think the point is that they are ILLEGALLY IN MY COUNTRY! I dont want anyone here that the government does not know is here. Especially in the post 9/11 society we live in.

- Tim
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Illegal immigrants should be kept out of the country at all costs...

If all illegal immigrants aplied for legal admission, were naturalized and issued federal ID numbers and social security numbers the IRS would be much more likely to catch them if they worked for money under the table.

My hometown is about 45 minutes away from Dalton, GA(the carpet capital of the world) and the number of immigrant workers there is amazing (for a podunk place so far from a boarder area). The averange manual/unskilled worker in a carpet mill makes about $15/hr and then works about 60 hours a week(~$3600/mo). So much for the "peanuts" theory, these guys are making bank and sending big bucks back to mexico and they have enough left over to make a decent living here. Almost all of the laborers are illegal and very little of that money is taxed. There wives and girlfriends get on welfare, thier kids go to school and get the free lunch program, while mommy and daddy don't pay a dime into the tax pool (most times they find ways around the sales tax, like having the local spanish church/mission set up a food/clothing bank that is a tax free organization so that the food and clothing are gotten for a small donation or tithe and NO MONEY GOES INTO THE LOCAL RESOURCES...NONE ZERO Illegal immigrants are truly a drain on our country... I have several caucasion friends who were deparately trying to get hired at a carpet mill or industrial site and couldn't because the foreman was hispanic and most likely illegal himself.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard