Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Big_B Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I stopped by the dealership to pick up 3 quarts of "honey" fluid. I always take a stroll through the showroom and this time a brand new Fusion was sitting there. You guys may have already seen them, but apparently this is the first one to arrive in Louisville.

It was the SE model in Silver. Sorry, I didn't have a camera with me. It was as fully equiped as the SE could be and priced at $23,000. Not too bad.

I was surprised at its size, as I expected it to be similar to the Contour. However, it is more Taurus sized than anything.

The interior was a little different, with a carbon fiber appearance all around the center control panel area. Seats were not comfortable enough, but decent leg room and head room all around (back seats too).

It was the 3.0 Duratech V6 ATX. Apparently the MTX is only available in the 4 cylinder. A nice looking car all around with, but not flashy enough to stand out.

Overall nice car, but just has a slight economy car feel to it. Do you guys already have these in other parts of the country?

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Big_B:
Apparently the MTX is only available in the 4 cylinder.

For the love of all thats holy (and real driving enthusiests) I pray you're wrong.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Nope, we've been whining about this for a long time. Maybe '07, IIRC. Search around and you'll find the info.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

For the love of all thats holy (and real driving enthusiests) I pray you're wrong.

You did not know this? Been known for months... possibly a year.

We have a few around us. After going to that Ford Drive thing in Pontiac and getting behind the wheel of one (3.0 with the auto, leather, bells/whistles) I have to say I don't like it at all. . I was hoping for it to feel and look (interior wise) a bit sporty, taking on some aspect of the focus, even... but it really shows that the Ford five hundred, frestyle, etc, have slapped it upside the head with their styling ques. Cheap plastics thorugh out that fit weird together, hard plastic on the door panels, weird audio controls, etc. I do like the steering wheel and the controls on it, though. Unless SVT get's ahold of it, revamps those god awful seats, gets rid of the slush box, ugly ass grill, and some nice 17-18" wheels that actually match the car.. I'd consider.

I had a 2005 Mercury Sable LS Premium as a rnetal car a while back... they seem too alike.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Nope not yet
Today when I picked an MLPS from ford I walked over to the new car lot saw a sales person asked about the fusion whose response was that they will not be on the lot until October so I guess that means tomorrow.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

consumer guide was that a six speed atx being offered for the I4

"Engines
dohc I4 dohc V6
Size, liters/cu. in 2.3/139 3.0/182
Horsepower @ rpm 160 @ 6500 220 @ 6250
Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm 150 @ 4000 205 @ 4800
Availability Standard Optional1
EPA city / highway mpg
5-speed manual NA --
5-speed automatic NA --
6-speed automatic -- NA
"

"Upon introduction, the I4 S is equipped with a standard 2.3-liter, I4, 160-horsepower engine. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The V6 SEL is equipped with a standard 3.0-liter, V6, 210-horsepower engine. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard. "

Last edited by contour_phoenix_when; 09/30/05 11:53 PM.
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
the reason the Fusion is sized like a taurus is because its going to replace it. And has any one notice how it looks kinda like a Honda Prelude?

00 Contour SVT Black #557 of 2150 Fabricated Nov 24 1999 Currently unmoded
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Number47:
the reason the Fusion is sized like a taurus is because its going to replace it. And has any one notice how it looks kinda like a Honda Prelude?

More like a CTS that a prelude if you ask me. In an OLD post, I stated that teh fusion looked like a CTS and a Focus "GOT-IT-ON" and created this little booger.

Car pr0n!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
What do they call the mercury version?
I've seen test mules rolling through town here
looks like a civic with those taillights..
not a bad loooking car.

99 Cougar V6 Tourmaline Green: MTX, KKM, Borla Dual...
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

uh.. no, he isnt... its a marketing ploy. Wait for the SVT my friend, then if someone wants a V6 with the MTX, they obvesiouly want performance... therefore... the SVT is for them

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard