Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I posted a few days ago about an 8,000$ supra... and i actually got a reply... i heard of some GREAT deals before from my uncle (such as old widdows who are selling their husbands cars for cheap...) so this is peaking my interest

I got this email from the seller, who lives about 80 miles away from me, sounds legit enough, and someone who knows about the car...

THOUGHTS now????

Hi,

The car is a Toyota Supra Twin Turbo with manual transmission 6 speed.The car have 400Hp. This is a great example of a low mileage, unmolested Toyota Supra. Vehicle is in almost new condition and has 11613 original miles. It still smells like a new car inside. This car had never seen rain or snow. Driven only in summer in a good weather. Vehicle was babied and never abused in any way.The turbos are very clean looking and both build boost perfectly. The car doesn't leak any fluids (very clean undercarraige), and hasn't used any oil since I've owned it.The interior is near perfect, with no rips or tears in the leather seats. Has the OEM floor mats with 'SUPRA' logo. These seats look like they have half the mileage they actually have on them! The console on Supra is very prone to scratches, but this one is near perfect with only a few minor 'shiny spots' . The interior panelling, doors, dash, etc is in perfect shape (no scratches, wear, etc.)There are following modifications professionally installed by Paisley Racing (have all receipts): HKS turbo timer, HKS Super Drager exhaust, Akimoto air intake, SP indigo boost gauge, carbon-fiber dash trim, white face gauges.This Supra has absolutely no dents, dings or scratches. . Interior is in great condition. All lights, switches, radio, speakers, electric antenna, electric mirrors, etc. are in full working order. Black leather seats, door panels are in excellent condition. Following stock parts are included: original headlights, air box/ducts/filter, clock and rear wing.Stereo is a Premium BOSE System 3-in-1 7-Speaker system with rear Subwoofer (AM/FM stereo with Full Logic Control Cassette Deck, Graphic Equalizer, Tone Control, Compact Disc Player plus Digital Code Security System).Vehicle comes with 1997 Toyota Supra Owner's Manual, valet and original keys and keyless entry remote.The vin number is JT2DE82AXV0037273. The price is $8000 with handling, shipping and insurance included.

Thanks for your time and I�´m looking forward to your reply

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Probably a scam.. Car is stored at cars.com and need a $3000 fully refundable deposit wired overseas via Western Union in order to go to their warehouse to see it? We came across things like that when looking for our SUV recently.

G
gSto Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Yeah you're probably rite, i responded to the email, and aksed if i could see it... obviously if i get a message like that, i will decline any further communication

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
The listing is bogus as posted on SF.com Dont waste your time.

2000 Mercury Cougar Personal Best-14.4@97mph 193FWHP/223lbsTQ - I have an ATX and a gutted hatch. Interior is full Carbon Fiber Video of my 14.63 run
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'd go for that junk in a heartbeat! Send'em the cash fast!

Ryan Trollin!
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Unmolested Supra's don't have 400HP!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Unmolested Supra's don't have 400HP!

Exactly, and I/E and a turbo timer won't get you there either.

Plus whoever wrote the listing can't form a complete sentence... always the first giveaway.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500

Link Copied to Clipboard