Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rouar Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
... installing MicroStaff WINASPI (don't ask why, I'm trying to work Pixela ImageMixer and it wanted WINASPI installed). Aside from the setup program looking like it was more at home in Win3.x, I believe it's asking me to restart the computer:

So this is not entirely a pointless topic, may I direct you to www.engrish.com for more. (That's a repost, yes I know.)

Entire reason for trying to get ImageMixer installed: a professor I work for at school is asking me how to upload pictures from his digital camera to the computer. He's got a Sony Cybershot DSC-P10, same as mine, so I uploaded the CD that came with mine to test out if the software is decent.
(I use Windows Explorer for browsing pictures, and a friend's recommendation is iPhoto .. which would be wonderful if his old Mac ran anything above OS8, haha.)

Anybody use a free/cheap photo library program that they like and would recommend for him to use? Must be WinXP compatible - preferably fast enough to use on his three-year-old Dell tower (~1.5GHz?), but we can use his newer Dell D600 laptop if need be. He does best with something easy-to-use; basically looking to organize photos easily and upload some to eBay. He's not afraid to pay money if it means he gets a decent program, so it need not be freeware either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
I don't know why, but I have a hard time figuring exactly what you are asking for in your posts. Maybe it's my short attention span and your long post

Anyway, it sounds like you're looking for a program to catalog and view all digicam pics. I use Picasa2 - which is powered by Google. You can import pics through it, and it also scans your hard drive for all of your images and makes them available for viewing. I found pictures I had forgotten about with this program. And it is free. Hope that helps!

Yeah, I'm a troll... 2000 Saab 9-5 SE 2003 Dodge Neon SXT
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
This is like a 2 part post, one to make fun of a particular software, and the other to get help.
Just read this quote if you want to help:
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Anybody use a free/cheap photo library program that they like and would recommend for him to use? Must be WinXP compatible - preferably fast enough to use on his three-year-old Dell tower (~1.5GHz?), but we can use his newer Dell D600 laptop if need be. He does best with something easy-to-use; basically looking to organize photos easily and upload some to eBay. He's not afraid to pay money if it means he gets a decent program, so it need not be freeware either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys

read the beginning of his post if you want to have a laugh at stupid software programmers.

I personally use the Camedia software that came with my Olympus digicam, and it serves me quite well.
Very simple.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
R
rouar Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Sorry bout that, I tend to ramble late at night ... plus I didn't feel like having three topics (splitting this one up, plus the "Small world" topic) on the front page of CI made by me ... would feel like I'm hogging the forum

Thanks for the suggestions ... due to severe lack of time, I'm heading right now to his place and can't check out the programs yet, but I'll look at them tonight and mention them to him if I like them better than the Sony one

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by 98 SE:

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys

Why not use Picasa?

00SEMTXMeshgrill,KKM&K&N,Fogsmodded,17"MotegiFF5's,SilverELgauges,BlueLEDinterior,Knaubered Trubendzw/magnaflowhttp://www.sl33stak.com FSVT Smart pump

Link Copied to Clipboard