Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Yesterday i'm driving and just as i turn right onto a main street a car is waiting right there turning left. I didn't expect a car to be waiting there so by the time i looked up it was too late, it smashed into their bumper. I smashed in the bumper, the trunk popped up and both quater panels were bent. I looked at my car and i didn't even have a dent. The other car is a saturn 93ish. That just shows how well our cars are constructed. The good thing is they might call it a no fault because they were turning left on a double solid line.

99 Zetec Atx Se 17's w/yoko H4 rubber Green and Black interior CTA + header + big pipes = very loud 89 Mustang LX (stock for now)
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
How exactly did you not see the car when you were turning? About how fast were you going when you hit the car?

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I'm glad you didn't have any damage and didn't get hurt.

What do you mean "by the time I looked up"?

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Heh.. everyone has the same head-scratching thought of "how the heck did you not see'em??"

This requires an explanation. Cheesy MS Paint reconstruction of the event is mandatory.

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
When i was turning the corner there was a smashed up truck on a flat bed pulling up to the red light, just after i looked at the truck, i looked back and the car was right there

99 Zetec Atx Se 17's w/yoko H4 rubber Green and Black interior CTA + header + big pipes = very loud 89 Mustang LX (stock for now)
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Monstour:
Yesterday i'm driving and just as i turn right onto a main street a car is waiting right there turning left. I didn't expect a car to be waiting there so by the time i looked up it was too late, it smashed into their bumper. I smashed in the bumper, the trunk popped up and both quater panels were bent. I looked at my car and i didn't even have a dent. The other car is a saturn 93ish. That just shows how well our cars are constructed. The good thing is they might call it a no fault because they were turning left on a double solid line.

Something similar happened to me YEARS ago, when I was a relatively new driver. There was this corner, and on the corner were som really high over grown bushes so you couldn't really see around the corner. I had the light as I came up to the corner, so didn't really stop at the intersection, just went around this corner. There was a gas station right there on the opposite side of the road. There was a car waiting to turn left into the gas station RIGHT around the corner. As I can around, there just wasn't room to stop once you saw the cars. I hit the second car in line, I wasn't going more then 10-15 mph.

I felt horrible as we pulled over, it was an older couple- in their 70-80's. Everyone was fine, cars included. I was apologizing and making sure they were OK, and the nice old guy was telling me it was no big deal, and that he had very nearly done the same thing, and just stopped short of hitting the turning guy...

Interestingly, those bushes were trimmed within a month or so of this. I wonder if the same sort of thing had happened other times...

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I've bonked a few other cars in the 'Tour, and besides a few scratches (and slightly misaligned front and rear bumpers) she's really no worse for wear. The other driver (including my wife's Jeep parked behind me--Oops!) usually suffers the brunt of the damage.

Is it bad that I talk about accidents like they're an ongoing part of my driving?

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by MassContour:

Is it bad that I talk about accidents like they're an ongoing part of my driving?

Yes!!!???!!!

I was thinking that as I read the post.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Aren't Saturn body panels plastic?

2000 Contour SE

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard