Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2kool Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all. I'm 17 years old and just bought my first car. A 1996 Ford Contour GL. So I was lookin around the net one day trying to find some information on why my car kept overheating and dying. That problem is solved now, but when I was looking, I found this site. I was kind of dissapointed to see that most of the Contours are 6 cylinder and mine was a 4. So, I am wanting to know what things I can do to get the best PERFORMANCE out of my 4 cylinder. I'm talking about power, speed ect. I've already installed a stereo. Now I want to work on the engine, exhaust, intake and stuff. Again i'm 17 so my budget is EXTREMELY tight, and I really enjoy doing the work myself so if theres things I can do on my own that would be awesome and save me some money. Thanks alot for any suggestions! (great site btw )

T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Just look up one thread or Just Click . Also welcome to CEG

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The two most noticable performance mods that you can do for the Zetec are an Intake (CTA or SleeperZ) and a chip.

With the GL, I'm guessing you have an ATX. Save up for a chip, you won't regret it.

HTH,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
welcome, CTA intakes rule!!
mike

Mike 1999 Ford Contour SE 2.0 Zetec Silver Frost/midnight blue CTA intake 35% tint all around Plasma Blue backup bulbs 130,000 miles/100k on the engine www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483494
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Last I heard, they wearnt making the CTA anymore, I could be wrong though.

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
thats when u gotta learn to improvise...intakes are easy to mod. buy one for a focus.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
one of the bomz kits on ebay for the focus should fit straight on, alot of people over on meg have used them. much cheaper than CTA anyway!

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by 2kool:
I was kind of dissapointed to see that most of the Contours are 6 cylinder and mine was a 4.

I feel your pain.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by GLChick'95:
I was kind of dissapointed to see that most of the Contours are 6 cylinder and mine was a 4.

I feel your pain.

Haha, ditto. Don't feel bad just wait til Hector chimes in he has a lot done to his ATX Zetec, he'll have a few ideas here and there, first thing I'm working on mostly is looks then I'll go performance, also if it is the ATX get a Tranny cooler, I'm gonna invest in one sometime, the #1 killer of a ATX is heat so you'll need one of those esp. if you run the car hard like me.
Good luck and welcome to CEG, and hope you stay around a while unlike some others I seen.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by mystique97:
Originally posted by GLChick'95:

I feel your pain.

Haha, ditto. Don't feel bad just wait til Hector chimes in he has a lot done to his ATX Zetec, he'll have a few ideas here and there, first thing I'm working on mostly is looks then I'll go performance, also if it is the ATX get a Tranny cooler, I'm gonna invest in one sometime, the #1 killer of a ATX is heat so you'll need one of those esp. if you run the car hard like me.
Good luck and welcome to CEG, and hope you stay around a while unlike some others I seen.

You know me too well.

A few things that should come first.....Trans cooler, and chip. Those will help your trans last longer.

Intake, exhaust, and optimized TB will help your car breathe better. They are also cheaper of the mods.

I am not sad I have a Zetec....look at my sig.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard