Next Thread
Print Thread
#1295424 06/03/05 04:11 PM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I am interested in having my Y-pipe optimized, and my res. removed. Where around here have people gone to have this done (y-pipe especially)?

Also, I am thinking (just thinking) about having my pre-cats gutted. Has anyone in Virginia done this? If so, what were the effects on emissions testing? Lastly, if I do decide to get the pre-cats gutted, who will do the work?

I prefer to use people who have done this work on our cars before.

Please let me know.

Thanks all!

98 svt contour 90K black only owner no accidents bilsteins!!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
MSDS headers- Not just for breakfast anymore!

Emissions with gutted pre-cats and an "optimized" Y-pipe will not be a problem so long as your main cat is in-tact and functional.

I would go with MSDS headers- Gutting pre-cats give the exhaust gases spewing out of your engine a lovely large chamber to expand, cool, and convect to non-laminar flow (though a certain amount occurs even with headers). You also do not get the scavenging effect of the individual header tubes. Do it once, do it right! Headers!

And with the headers, your exhaust note will increase- No need to remove the resonator (which increases rasp!)

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yeah, but who/where can do the y-pipe optimizing and know what they're doing?

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I have an Optimized 2-bolt flange Y-pipe...$100 ready to go. That is what I paid for it but couldn't use it when I realized I had a 3-bolt flange. I now have MSDS headers and y-pipe on my car. PM me if interested.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by DanG:

Emissions with gutted pre-cats and an "optimized" Y-pipe will not be a problem so long as your main cat is in-tact and functional.

Hah, I need to find my emissions test with my old contour SE, all 3 cats gutted with an SVT exhaust and I passed the dyno emissions test here in MD with flying colors.

Robert Knauber - rknauber@yahoo.com Cars: 1998 Ford Contour SVT (The Silver Sleeper) 1989 Volvo 240GL (Fully Loaded Silver Brick) 1989 Honda CRX Si (Canary Yellow Beater) 1988 Honda Hurricane 1000 (Resident Crotch Rocket)
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Yeah, but who/where can do the y-pipe optimizing and know what they're doing?

Exactly. Removing the res. also. Those were the 2 major questions.

A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Hey Scott,
if you still have that y pipe i would like to buy it from you. Please PM me when you have a chance.
thx

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Scott,

If my CSVT uses the 2 bolt flange y-pipe, I will buy it from you. I havn't been under the car in a while. I'll let you know via PM

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard