Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
and came up with two threads. Be kind!

Are these just total crap struts? My suspension is almost gone and I need to replace it asap. I'm thinking about the B&G springs in the GB, so I probably need a performance strut, but what is the cheapest way to do this? The KYBs probably won't support the B&Gs for the long haul, but will they be okay for two years or so? 95 zetec is the car.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Not totally sure what you are asking here....MacPherson Struts are the design of the suspension, not a brand. All front struts are MacPherson Struts, all rear struts are Chapman Struts (named after their "inventors").

Just use "struts" in your search, and you'll get so much info your head will spin.

The BAT kit is a decent package, and has the advantage of coming all put together for you. You would just have to install them on the car.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Actually a phone call just cleared this up. I was told the struts I was looking at are pretty much stock. Precision Ride Gas Charged Macpherson Struts (Made by Gabriel). If I can run those struts with the B&G springs then that will definitely fit in the budget. I cannot afford the BAT kit and I'm beating my head against the wall for selling my ST200s a few years ago. Hindsight sucks.

Of course, if I would have spelled it correctly I may have gotten better search results. Thanks, Phil for responding.

Last edited by GLChick'95; 06/02/05 05:27 PM.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
How many times have you told me to save up my money and I'll be happier in the end???

Come on Heather, you know better...

Don't make me come down there and make you whoop my @ss!!!!!

How much are the McPhearsons anyway, I'm sure a little searching will get you a decent strut for those B&G's for just a few dollars more. I'll definately keep my eyes open for you though.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
LOL Steve! Unfortunately, my savings have gone to the new house. BUT now that the remodeling is finished and my backyard is done (12x12 ft stone patio installed by moi), my attention returns to the Tour.

I found the struts for a really good price. However, the suspension is bad and I've been told I need to get'er done asap. So if the Macpherson/Gabriel struts will work with the B&Gs then that's going to be my solution.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
You can run any strut with any spring......how long they last with the lowering of the B&G spring is the question. So to answer your question.....they will work together.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Did you read her post???????????

Originally posted by GLChick'95:

Are these just total crap struts? My suspension is almost gone and I need to replace it asap. I'm thinking about the B&G springs in the GB, so I probably need a performance strut, but what is the cheapest way to do this? The KYBs probably won't support the B&Gs for the long haul, but will they be okay for two years or so? 95 zetec is the car.

Originally posted by LocoSCZ:
You can run any strut with any spring......

We all know that already...

......how long they last with the lowering of the B&G spring is the question.

That is exactly what she is asking...

......So to answer your question.....they will work together.

She was referring to the "Long Haul"

Let it go man, Does your owner know you're here?

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Did you read her post???????????

Originally posted by GLChick'95:

You can run any strut with any spring......

We all know that already...

......how long they last with the lowering of the B&G spring is the question.

That is exactly what she is asking...

Let it go man, Does your owner know you're here?

Who the phuk are you talking to? She wanted to know if the combo would work......I replied. STFU and quit YOUR sh!t.

Since you can't read;
She wrote: So if the Macpherson/Gabriel struts will work with the B&Gs then that's going to be my solution.

Last edited by LocoSCZ; 06/02/05 11:25 PM.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Who the phuk are you talking to? She wanted to know if the combo would work......I replied. STFU and quit YOUR sh!t.

Since you can't read;
She wrote: So if the Macpherson/Gabriel struts will work with the B&Gs then that's going to be my solution.

Originally posted by Bk4293:

Try again Mr. I'll use my moderatorship to mispell words like [censored] and tell people to STFU

Oh in case you can't read, that post began with....LOL Steve so I believe it was meant for me...So who the [censored] was supposed to be talking???

G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Ignoring the drama that ensued....

Thank you Loco. I was specifically wondering if the Macphersons would work with the B&G so I appreciate your input. I'm looking to get maybe 2 more years out of my Tour with that combo.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard