Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/25/AR2005052501395.html?sub=AR

So, what do you think the chances are of all people who demanded an appology from Newsweek, now having the humility to do the same?

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Did the issue that appology? Then don't expect reciprocation...

A quote from the story, "Nearly all of the hundreds of pages of documents consist of FBI summaries of detainee interrogations, and therefore do not generally provide corroboration of the allegations. At least two detainees also conceded that they had not personally witnessed mistreatment of the Koran but had heard about incidents from other inmates, the records show."

Everything that follows in that article as NEW allegations is, AGAIN, unsubstantiated.

Enjoy.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Did the issue that appology? Then don't expect reciprocation...

A quote from the story, "Nearly all of the hundreds of pages of documents consist of FBI summaries of detainee interrogations, and therefore do not generally provide corroboration of the allegations. At least two detainees also conceded that they had not personally witnessed mistreatment of the Koran but had heard about incidents from other inmates, the records show."

Everything that follows in that article as NEW allegations is, AGAIN, unsubstantiated.

Enjoy.

Oh, you mean the people responsible for flushing a holy book down the toilet didn't admit to doing it to the FBI.

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
All the people that are screaming in rage over even the idea that the Quran was abused at Gitmo, and claiming that the United States military are completely ignoring the civil rights of the terrorists (not 'detainees') are overlooking one thing: THEY ARE GIVEN QURANS!!!!!!! I think it's quite honorable for the United States to furnish those who want to kill us with a means for worship. Christopher Hitchens makes a good point: Would captured Christians be given a Bible? Maybe they would be, but it would be kind of difficult to read it with their heads cut off.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Article:
Following the reports of Koran mistreatment by the Red Cross and others, the Pentagon issued rules in January 2003 governing the handling of the book and forbidding its placement on the floor, near a toilet or in other "dirty/wet areas."

Sounds like a bunch of heartless, scumbag Quran-haters there.

Last edited by Davo; 05/25/05 09:45 PM.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:
THEY ARE GIVEN QURANS!!!!!!!

Excellent point.

Mystique LS
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Yea, we can do whatever we damn please to their holy book becuase we let them have it in the first place.

You can argue that it didn't happen, but you can't say it was ok if it did happen.

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
That's not the point. The point is, is we give them these things in the first place. INFIDELS HAVE ALREADY TOUCHED THEM!!!!AHHHHHH!!!

I think this whole world is crazy. We CAPTURED them on a battlefield. They were trying to KILL OUR family members over there. The only reason they are allowed to complain is because our society, for some wierd reason, doesn't care enough about it's own existence to insure that those who attempt to kill us don't have the opportunity to watch others kill us...In other words, do what we gotta do to get the information. Don't cross into inhumane actions, but come on!!!

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Yea, we can do whatever we damn please to their holy book becuase we let them have it in the first place.

The point is that the military makes life a lot better for these scum than they deserve or would ever recipricate. I've heard that the official policy of the military is to only let Muslim personal handle the Koran. That is going out of the way to be sensitive, that's the point.

2.5L MTX-75 SE
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I understand that we don't have to do what we do for them, and I understand that giving the people who are trying to kill us in the name of their religion their religion's holy book is ironic at best, but I don't think it is right to mistreat it. Just like I would take offence if someone flushed a bible down the toilet, they can take offence to us mistreated their holy book.

I think that we are retarded for giving it to them in the first place, but that is a whole nother subject...

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
How they are treated doesn't matter, the Quran isn't important to just those captured but to the rest of the islamic world.

It's like a bunch of Scientologists having a massive bible burning.

Seriously, what happened to America's dignity ? Desecrating a religious item is really, really not acceptable. What happened to connecting a 9V to their testicles ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard