L
Hurry up! j/k
Definetly let me know how it works out.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
for that comment you going to have to wait longer, 2 weeks now.

lol j/k....my g/f is visiting me this weekend so hopefully I can squeeze it in sometime...but were going to be pretty busy so don't keep you fingers crossed. I'll def. let you know how it looks though.

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Fine. Since your girly is there you can have the weekend off to play.
If I can find a place that has the silver krylon I'll spray mine today. Been to quite a few places already this morning and no one has silver. So, I'll let you know.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
well I went to a couple of places...all automotive stores and they didnt have the Krylon Fusion in any colors cept red, yellow and blue. They had Plasti-kote in Silver frost so I bought a can of it. I doubt it works like the Krylon Fusion but its prob going to be slim to none chance of finding Krylon in Silver Frost or even plain silver. Anyway it doesnt matter b/c if the color doesnt match pefect it will look like hell. Guess Im gonna have to try Home depot or something else.

LUCA....any luck finding some?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
A fellow CO ex-CEG'er used primer gray, then coated it with some metallic spray, and then clear. Matched perfectly. I'd try experimenting with that a bit.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
A fellow CO ex-CEG'er used primer gray, then coated it with some metallic spray, and then clear. Matched perfectly. I'd try experimenting with that a bit.

Can you explain this a little better?
Primer grey color base coat? then metalatic paint, then clear?

Unless I know the paint brand etc. it might turn out to be more of a waiste of $.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
As I recall, yes. You could also just find a flat gray/silver that matched your paint, and use that.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
No luck here, I only found red, green and black in the Krylon. I went to four places. I saw an add that said Sears carries it, I just need to find time to go there.
Home Depot around here doesn't carry the Krylon brand.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M

LUCA

Sears carries silver? Im assuming its just a plain flat silver. how are you going to get it to match up to our SF. Even the slightest difference is noticable. I painted mine w/ a supposed "silver frost" duplicolor and you can see a diff.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Sears carries Krylon Fusion, not sure what colors they have.
I have paint from PaintScratch.com. It didn't come out very good the first time I painted it so I was going to try the Krylon if it matched.
I had to sand the trim ring after I painted it as it came out dull looking. I don't know why that happened, it was prep'd properly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard