Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I would like to totally wipe out any previous history of any network connections that I've had on my computer (Windows XP). How would I go about doing this?

I think there are some previous settings made on connections that I no longer have or show up in my network connections that is causing some problems.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I looked around but didn't see any useful info to give you , but it's also 2:48AM and im dead tired . I will look when i get up and see if you have found your answer

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Nobody even posted on this ? with all of the computer nut's we have on this forum ? Well I will continue to look .

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Look at www.computing.net

That sight has been a real help to me when I needed some guidance....

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I'm a computer nut. I'm not sure what history it is exactly that you trying to clear out from the network. If you are referring to bringing the TCP/IP settings back to original then this should work.

Type in this command in a command prompt window:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

The part "c:\resetlog.txt" can be anything you want it to be. Just a directory and file name you want the log to be called after the reset. The log will show you exactly what TCP/IP parameters have been reset.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I think he means under Windows Explorer where it lists your past network connections (also under My Network Places).

I tinkered in the registry for about 3 minutes. Searched for one of the entries and exported/removed all of the keys that referenced the entry I wanted to remove and it was still there.

I may look farther into this if no answer is posted later.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
isn't there something in the group policy editor?

go to run then type gpedit.msc
and dig around in there.

This is XP Pro right?

or download TweakUI ( maybe called TweakXP for winXP )

it has a history eraser that includes the ability to erase network history i believe.

Last edited by Sl33stak; 05/10/05 06:55 PM.

00SEMTXMeshgrill,KKM&K&N,Fogsmodded,17"MotegiFF5's,SilverELgauges,BlueLEDinterior,Knaubered Trubendzw/magnaflowhttp://www.sl33stak.com FSVT Smart pump
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
okay I didn't see any history in TweakUI or the Group Editor...maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

I also used the command '
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt' and it printed out a log ...I however, have no idea what anything in there means.

My problem still continues...I cannot have my local network and internet on at the same time and it is reallllly starting to get annoying. I have no clue WHY this is happening...

Just started one day out of nowhere to my knowledge.

First my cable modem is giving the 'limited or no connectivity' message...then months later it switches to the router. I don't understand.

This is with a Linksys WRT54G router and external cable modem btw. Even resetting the router doesn't work.

Last edited by ZetecNinja; 05/11/05 10:05 PM.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
anyone else have any ideas other than a freakin reformat! It sucks when you've got a PS2 and another computer depending upon this hardware and you can't get the local network and internet to be on at the same time.

There has gotta be a way you can get rid of this...how else does it keep track of how many connections you have had? I'm on like cable connection 30 and router connection 60...I'm guessing one of those previous connections, wherever they are...are effing something up.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Device manager

View -> Show hidden devices?

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard