Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Im 18, new to Contour.org. I just bought a midnight red 1995 ford contour se 2.5 v6 5 speed with 70,000 miles on it. I put on a k&n air filter, k&n oil filter, and started using synthetic oil. I have had the car for 5 days and the check engine light has been coming for about 5 minutes at a time then it shuts off (just before i get it to autozone to have the diagnostics run) haha. Anyway what could be causing this? I had autozone do the diagnostic it anyway and these three codes came up! code #1. 117 Engine coolant temperature sensor signal voltage is to low. code#2. 157 Mass Airflow senser signal is to low. code#3. 172 Heated exhaust sensor voltage signal indicates "rich". Any help with this would be more than helpfull! thanks, dave.

Midnight Red 95 Contour SE 5 speed, fully loaded. kkm M.A.F. adapter w/ K&N ru-3530, single Magnaflow muffler w/ no res. 2.25" custom catback exhaust, grafite painted stock 95 SE rims on bfgoodrich touring T/A's, 35% window tint around.
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
A bad coolant sensor could also be causing the 172 code. The 157 could be caused by oil from your K&N. I would replace the coolant sensor first(it's cheap)and I would also clean the MAF sensor with some contact cleaner(BE CAREFUL!). Get the codes erased and see what happens from there.

Parting out 95-97 Contours/Mystiques. Contact me directly at ALFIGOLS@yahoo.com if you're looking for a particular part.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I'd pull that K&N air filter when you clean the MAF. After you get it squared away so that the CEL stays off, then try the K&N again (if you really want to

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Yeah Dave, don't over oil those K&N's they'll gunk up the MAF and throw a code.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Thanks all of you, all of your guys help really helped me out. I took about the whole intake and cleaned everything there was k&n oil EVERYWERE!!!! but i cleaned it out and disconnected the battery. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!!!! THANKS THIS SITE and MEMBERS IS AWSOME

Midnight Red 95 Contour SE 5 speed, fully loaded. kkm M.A.F. adapter w/ K&N ru-3530, single Magnaflow muffler w/ no res. 2.25" custom catback exhaust, grafite painted stock 95 SE rims on bfgoodrich touring T/A's, 35% window tint around.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Dave -

Another thing you should know: You don't need to go to AutoZone to dump codes on a '95 ('96 and later use OBDII, which requires a scanner).

It's easy: You only need a paper clip and a few minutes.

Learn more here:

http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html

1995 Contour GL V6 ATX T/C 1986 Mustang GT 5.0 2000 Windstar LX

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard