Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Do I hear FUMBLE...

USC ball...

What a waste of a "championship" game. (Bull Crap Series that is)
That's 2 years in a row OU has been a lame duck pick. {what a shock )

I am loving this big time. (too many "overzealous" OU fans here in KC to put it nicely)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Leinhart new orangebowl record for passing tds. I'm lovin this so much. Now, someone wanna tell me that USC is overhyped again?

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Freakshow:
If USC continues to destroy OU the way they have been so far I highly doutb anyone other than pissed off Auburn fans are going to deny that USC deserves to be the Champs.

So you feel, without a shadow of doubt, that USC would beat Auburn? The expression, "that's why they play the game" comes to mind, and unless a voter is 100% sure that USC would beat Auburn then Co-Champion is the only legitimate option. This season has already proven what a farce the BCS is, how biased polling can be, a playoff of some sort is immanent...

and USC/Auburn would've been one helluva game!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
This is quite embarrassing for OU, and I am loving every second of it

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
This is quite embarrassing for OU, and I am loving every second of it

Is that not the truth or what!!!

How many touchdowns is that against OU's "untouchable" defense. Like 50 or 60 already.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
ugh, as much as i hate OU, i wanted them to win. all the damn cali kids at school will never shut up about this

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
If USC continues to destroy OU the way they have been so far I highly doutb anyone other than pissed off Auburn fans are going to deny that USC deserves to be the Champs.

So you feel, without a shadow of doubt, that USC would beat Auburn? The expression, "that's why they play the game" comes to mind, and unless a voter is 100% sure that USC would beat Auburn then Co-Champion is the only legitimate option. This season has already proven what a farce the BCS is, how biased polling can be, a playoff of some sort is immanent...

and USC/Auburn would've been one helluva game!

Yes I do feel that USC would've beaten Auburn...it would've been a much better game but USC still would have won. Bottom line as I said before: Like it or not the BCS/Polls are the current system and they pitted OU vs USC...period. All the whining and complaining won't change that anytime soon. I sort of understand why you're angry because I went through it last year but it wasn't even the same thing as this year. Last year there were differences in the top 3 ranking between the polls. AFAIK this year they all agree that USC is #1 and OU is #2. Yes Auburn had a great season and I think they would've made a better opponent for USC but I don't see anyway you can call them co champs after they barely beat VT.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
If folks don't complain, there will never be change. I truly believe that the bowl system (not all 27 of them) can remain intact, keep the tradition and have a playoff to decide on the field who is worthy to be called the best college football team. It's a lot easier pill to swallow saying the #17 team had a shot of making the playoffs as oppose to what has happen a number of times now and that is who deserves to play in the championship game; what two teams get to battle for #1.

Secondly, unless you are playing in that championship game, all of the other bowl games are meaningless. What's the point in watching them if they can't go anywhere? The college presidents, most coaches and athletic directors don't want to change from the bowl system because of how much money it puts in these schools pockets at the end of the season. Not because of academics, or a longer season or allegedly making the regular season not count as much. If it is such a great tradition, why are about 90% of us saying we want some type of playoff system???

With a ranking system, a short regular season (10 games) and a playoff, I don't see how anyone could argue that every game doesn't count. Plus, the playoffs would be the icing on the cake. The fans would have some of the best, possibly dramatic and climatic football to watch in the month of December. And what team would be crazy enough (as they do in the NFL) to sit out there star players at the end of the season just because they have their conference wrapped up and they're afraid of injury? Every game would have meaning whether it's because your team is on the bubble or you're trying to fight for a better spot in the playoffs to play that lower seed.

What sense does it make that the #3 team in the country plays the #9 team or that the #4 team plays the #22 team in the current BCS system? They're good games, don't get me wrong but the logic just escapes me. At worse we could at least see #3 vs #4, #5 vs #6, etc. Yes, I know, that's how the system is structured and agreements made as to who participates in what bowls. STUPIDO!

Anyway, as it's been stated several times already, the BCS is a farse. USC is probably the best team in the country but I bet them fighting there way through some of the best teams in the country in a playoff would have been a whole lot better to watch then yesterday's game and it would have proved a lot more! I haven't checked history but how many times in a system where there are ranked teams at the end of the season has the #1 and #2 teams played for the title? I don't think it's happened to often. USC may have beaten Auburn but since those two teams never met on the field, we'll never know.

Last edited by SVTNupe; 01/05/05 01:48 PM.

Curtis 3L 'Oval Port' 98 Black SVT 180.5HP/178lbft '03 Black Sport Trac
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Bottom line as I said before: Like it or not the BCS/Polls are the current system and they pitted OU vs USC...period. All the whining and complaining won't change that anytime soon.

If I'm coming off as whining and complaining then I certainly apologize as I'm not bitter in the least. The Auburn family sleeps well every night knowing they were among the best in the nation in 2004.

Football is a sport and like any sport the true champion is decided on the field. Unfortunately that's not possible in D1 college football where the system is more like a Miss America pageant. Well you know what? Sports isn't a beauty contest its a competition where the scoreboard is the only judge. Until D1 decides their champion on the field we're left with years like this where the recordbooks are going to show multiple champions.

What about USC being BCS & AP champions you say? Flip through the annals of college football and you'll find even more Tom, Dick, and Harry polls annointing a national champion and multiple schools laying claim to the same year. This year will be the same.

I don't see anyway you can call them co champs after they barely beat VT.

"Barely beat?" That does make me angry because you obviously didn't watch the game. AU never trailed and didn't even attempt a pass for the final 12 minutes. It was run, run, run, and guess what? Run. You sound like one of those caught up in "style points." Those folks need to go throw a wing and some yellow stickers on their car and find a car show; this is a discussion of sports.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I don't see anyway you can call them co champs after they barely beat VT.

"Barely beat?" That does make me angry because you obviously didn't watch the game. AU never trailed and didn't even attempt a pass for the final 12 minutes. It was run, run, run, and guess what? Run. You sound like one of those caught up in "style points." Those folks need to go throw a wing and some yellow stickers on their car and find a car show; this is a discussion of sports.

What about the games where OU and USC barely beat the oppenents they were suppose to run all over? Bottom line, USC, AU, and OU all had games that were close; and has been stated, one's margin of victory should have very little to do with the discussion of who the better team is.

Curtis 3L 'Oval Port' 98 Black SVT 180.5HP/178lbft '03 Black Sport Trac
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard