Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
well since my bad accident i havnt been here but they take the same engine right so if i get a cougar shell, can the contour v6 2.5 go in it.

also the cougar and contigues have the same chasis and similiar suspension so that means my borla cat back from the tour should fit the cougar as well, correct?

i would really appreciate any help

black 97 Ford C()nt()uR Se Sp0rt
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i believe the location of the mufflers are different between the contour and cougar.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
so what about the engine

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
AFAIK the engine is exactly the same between the two (depending on year , I guess) . The exhaust is very similar , but on the cougar , the mufflers are closer to the centerline coming out the rear (on duals , at least) .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
i have the 97 tour engine its actually built in japan rofl. ok so that will fit and the exhaust can be molded to fit it i guess or i can run it to make a trual dual evenrtually im really more worried about the engine b/c that makes the difference whether i get the car or not

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
oh will a the engine being a 97 fit in a 99 model car though

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
wow it's a slow weekend, can't believe you didn't get 10 repsonses telling you how stupid you are for not knowing that they use the same engine!!!! I imagine the only issue with the swaping of the engines would be the swapping of the computers too. Exhausts are definately different. If you do a search on "truebendz" you can get a look at how the 2 different setups look. You may be able to save some of the exhaust but I'm sure the way everything mounts up is different

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by DJ Capp 911:
wow it's a slow weekend, can't believe you didn't get 10 repsonses telling you how stupid you are for not knowing that they use the same engine!!!! I imagine the only issue with the swaping of the engines would be the swapping of the computers too. Exhausts are definately different. If you do a search on "truebendz" you can get a look at how the 2 different setups look. You may be able to save some of the exhaust but I'm sure the way everything mounts up is different

in a way yes, but his is return and the cougar is returnless iirc.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DJ Capp 911:

Did your parents mistreat you as a young child?

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
actually yes they did

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard