Next Thread
Print Thread
#1049087 09/11/04 08:37 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Inquired about my wheels and Superchip...

Superchip sold, informed him, but still interested in the wheels. UK e-mail address. Sent him a shipping quote that it's going to be $100 per wheel to ship, I get this in response...

-------------------------------

Thanks for your mail,I have spoken to my client and he has instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier check of $1,000 which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client.so you are required to deduct cost of the E1 wheels and Superchip $90 when payment gets to you and refund balance $910, to my Agent via western union money transfer for him to be able to offset shipping charges. Since I reside in Fulham, London.
After payment has reached you and balance sent back to him,our agent will come and pick up title and take it to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer,while title papers and other necessary documents will be sent to you via fedex courier to my customer. my client will send the check to you through fedex courier immediately. Please forward your full names, address and phone number .

Thanks
kennedy

--------------------------

What a funny guy.

-J

'98 4Runner
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
These stupid a$$ scam artists never quit.

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Yeah, I listed a friend's car, got like 40 people inquiring and kept sayin there from isreal and would be sending a check...

Damn scammers

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i was selling a set of 18z for $800 through the classifieds. some clown emails me from AFRICA saying he wants the wheels cuz he cant find any out there. offered to pay me double plus shipping.

anybody have the info on just HOW this scam is supposed to work? does it blow up in the sellers face later?

i thought it was some kind of billing scam when they asked for a name, address and phone number.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by svt4stv:

anybody have the info on just HOW this scam is supposed to work? does it blow up in the sellers face later?

i thought it was some kind of billing scam when they asked for a name, address and phone number.

The check they send you is bogus. You cash it, wire them the "balance" of $900 only to find out later than the check was never any good so you're out $900 and they're laughing at you.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
If you cash the check can't you tell the bank to wait for it to clear?

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
If you cash the check can't you tell the bank to wait for it to clear?

Yeah, but it takes weeks to come back phony, and the buyers demand/encourage the duped seller to ship upon initial verification (and their money gets in the account temporarily).

I can see why it would trick naive sellers and work long enough to be effective.

Link Copied to Clipboard