Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1045300 09/18/04 06:29 PM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
E
All I can I say is wow. I'm literraly shaking with emotion right now after reading the 39 posts. First, let me start off saying that you can't believe everything you read in the paper.(I was 20 at the time) And for all of you that don't know the legal limit is .08 adding another .03 is one beer. I WAS NOT DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not falling down or slurring words like I'm sure you'd all like to imagine. In fact I passed all my subrioty tests. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!!! With slippery roads and a tough curve. There has been 5 or 6 cars that have hit that same tree! Don't you dare tell me that I'm [censored] selfish b/c I did'nt say I missed Jamie in my original post, that goes w/o saying. I can't believe how fast the ceg will turn there back as soon as someone shouts drinking and driving. I wasn't posting to get pity from a bunch of people I don't know I posted b/c I wanted friends to know I was still around. Jamie was my brother and losing him will give me undescribable pain for the rest of my life, but I think I can miss my car too.

With the heavy heavy support from Jamie's family (who understand that this was an accident), my family and friends, I'm gonna be ok. I plan on talking in front of schools, colleges, MADD, etc. telling my story b/c whether the CEG would like to open their eyes to the real world or not there are alot of young people drinking and driving.

John D

"God Got a Good One" 1982-2004 I love you JLM!
#1045301 09/18/04 07:10 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by e1flakedsvt:
I plan on talking in front of schools, colleges, MADD, etc. telling my story

Good for you. That is certainly a step in the right direction from what happened.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
#1045302 09/19/04 04:40 AM
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
All I can I say is wow. I'm literraly shaking with emotion right now after reading the 39 posts. First, let me start off saying that you can't believe everything you read in the paper.(I was 20 at the time) And for all of you that don't know the legal limit is .08 adding another .03 is one beer. I WAS NOT DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not falling down or slurring words like I'm sure you'd all like to imagine. In fact I passed all my subrioty tests. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!!! With slippery roads and a tough curve. There has been 5 or 6 cars that have hit that same tree! Don't you dare tell me that I'm [censored] selfish b/c I did'nt say I missed Jamie in my original post, that goes w/o saying. I can't believe how fast the ceg will turn there back as soon as someone shouts drinking and driving. I wasn't posting to get pity from a bunch of people I don't know I posted b/c I wanted friends to know I was still around. Jamie was my brother and losing him will give me undescribable pain for the rest of my life, but I think I can miss my car too.

With the heavy heavy support from Jamie's family (who understand that this was an accident), my family and friends, I'm gonna be ok. I plan on talking in front of schools, colleges, MADD, etc. telling my story b/c whether the CEG would like to open their eyes to the real world or not there are alot of young people drinking and driving.

John D

Your right, papers lie and or distort the truth. Police reports do not.
20 is still under age.
If you were over .08, then according to the law (right or wrong), you were drunk - passing sobriety tests or not.
Mabey the CEG can't belive how fast you came out complaining about your car, and not your friend.
I'm certain it was an accident, you didn't mean to hit a tree, or the results of the incident.
[censored] your car. It's replaceable. Jamie is not. But you already know that.

I'm not speaking for the masses, and I personally am quite familiar with the real world. I'm glad your family and friends support you. You're going to need it. Your final point is scarry; a lot of people are crack addicts, rapists, and underage drunk drivers. None of which are acceptable, in my opinion. It was your choice. You lost a friend; I lost 2. So have countless others. Circumstances are the only differences.

Good luck.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
#1045303 09/19/04 01:14 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
And for all of you that don't know the legal limit is .08

you're under 21, legal limit for you is .02
and though you may not feel drunk at .08, the state law says you are, so tough (censored) on that one buddy. it sucks that it happend, but don't deny the fact that you screwed up. don't try and make excuses.

2003 Dodge SRT-4 Mods: more than 250 characters worth!
#1045304 09/19/04 06:58 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I know I'm not from this forum section and probebly shouldn't be poking my nose in here but seeing your latest post made me have to ask something. It said in the article posted that your friend wans't wearing his seat belt. You are saying that you weren't drunk, if you weren't drunk and you passed the subrioty test then technically you were alert so how come you didn't make sure that your friend had his seatbelt on? I'm 22 and everytime one of my friends get in my car I make sure they have their seatbelts on because you never now what will happen.
As for going to schools and telling your story thats a step in the right direction and I'm glad to see your getting some good support going through this must be pretty rough.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
#1045305 09/19/04 08:25 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Under 21 is .002

Zip, zero, Zilch.. I have a poster in my office if you need to use it with your School speakings.

#1045306 09/20/04 01:49 AM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
so how come you didn't make sure that your friend had his seatbelt on? I'm 22 and everytime one of my friends get in my car I make sure they have their seatbelts on because you never now what will happen.

i'm not their mother. if someone doesn't want to wear a seatbelt, and they are an adult, it's their choice!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1045307 09/20/04 02:19 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
so how come you didn't make sure that your friend had his seatbelt on? I'm 22 and everytime one of my friends get in my car I make sure they have their seatbelts on because you never now what will happen.

i'm not their mother. if someone doesn't want to wear a seatbelt, and they are an adult, it's their choice!

Agreed. i don't remind everyone. I appreciate it, but...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard