Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 03:33 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/04/21/DDG8767ITN1.DTL holy crap!
Posted By: JVT_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 04:02 AM
That's nutz.

Anybody else think that the only reason McDonald's is in business is because of the brand name, image and overall awareness?

Surely it can't be because of the food. Out of all the fast food joints, it's THE worst. (fries are good though)

-J
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 04:03 AM
I don't know if iI felt more sick after reading that, or clicking off thirty advertiZements.
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 04:06 AM
Originally posted by JVT:

Surely it can't be because of the food. Out of all the fast food joints, it's THE worst. (fries are good though)

-J

I'll have to agree, the food is not one of the best, and for some reason the food never really fills me up.
Posted By: Nate S Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 04:10 AM
the mcgriddle rules.
otherwise, everything else sucks
well the fries are good too
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 04:14 AM
Mmmm, Taco Bell is better
Posted By: Alex T._dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 04:22 AM
That was just nasty. I can't remember the last time I ate McDonald's.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Alex T.:
....I can't remember the last time I ate McDonald's.

'

Thats a good thing....McDonals is horrible.

Ok a little off subject but this is too funny. I love it when the large man or women goes and orders a combo and ever supersizes, but then goes and gets the DIET coke. hahahahhahahah sorry but I've only met one person in my life who actually prefers Diet coke's taste for non-health reasons. sorry lol
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 05:38 AM
Originally posted by mycainsbroken:
I don't know if iI felt more sick after reading that, or clicking off thirty advertiZements.

Zero popups for me. Good ol' Google Toolbar!
Posted By: izzodesh Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Nate S:
the mcgriddle rules.
otherwise, everything else sucks
well the fries are good too

ewwwwwwww those things are nasty!

fish filet!
i am so jealous of the west coast..they have them for 1$ on fridays!
cant forget the mcflurries too!
Posted By: gSto Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 06:29 AM
i remember seeing that on discussbodybuilding.com ... someone over there said they wanted to try it
The only thing ill get at any fast food joint is Wendys grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce, just lettuce and tomatoes.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 07:04 AM
Thats just gross....
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 07:22 AM
How could he survive! I did like 5 days of breakfast and lunch.(literally) I didn't go back for a month! Maybe longer.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 08:13 AM
Old news. This was out months ago.
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 08:14 AM
Itâ??s all about what you eat. I mean if you go in EVERY day a get a #4 (Double quarter ponder meal) Super Sized and oh yes with the diet coke, on a sub note I am a manager for a McDonalds and people be doing this ALL the time. Just get the coke. Anyways if you do that of course youâ??re going to gain 25 pounds. I eat at McDonalds at least 5 days a week and donâ??t gain a pound. Its all about what you eat and how much and exercise like you should be doing then you can have it every day, I do and im fine. So, I am sick and tired of people saying its someone elseâ??s fault Iâ??m a fat ass, no its the 12hrs you spend in front of the TV that makes you a fat ass.
Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 10:14 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
...... I've only met one person in my life who actually prefers Diet coke's taste for non-health reasons. sorry lol

Make that two.
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 02:21 PM
Originally posted by MarkO:

Make that two.

Make it three.
Posted By: daenku32_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 02:56 PM
Originally posted by tjbugs1:
Itâ??s all about what you eat. I mean if you go in EVERY day a get a #4 (Double quarter ponder meal) Super Sized and oh yes with the diet coke, on a sub note I am a manager for a McDonalds and people be doing this ALL the time. Just get the coke. Anyways if you do that of course youâ??re going to gain 25 pounds. I eat at McDonalds at least 5 days a week and donâ??t gain a pound. Its all about what you eat and how much and exercise like you should be doing then you can have it every day, I do and im fine. So, I am sick and tired of people saying its someone elseâ??s fault Iâ??m a fat ass, no its the 12hrs you spend in front of the TV that makes you a fat ass.

I'm currently on the Two Whoppers diet. Darn 2 for $3 deal.

But I know the ONLY reason it doesn't cause me to bloat up is because I simply CAN'T. No matter how much I eat. I can take in 4000 calories a day and not gain a pound. But I know my gf is just the opposite. So I certainly do not recommend my diet to anyone (unless you are like me).

And if you had pop-ups, use Mozilla! No pop-ups, ever!
Posted By: CJ 2000 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Mushu:
Old news. This was out months ago.

Or apparently April 21, 2004 as is the date of the article. Either way, way to be a d*ck.
Posted By: sigma Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 03:46 PM
No, this really is old news. Had to have been at least 6 months ago. Just a new article.
Posted By: CJ 2000 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 04:08 PM
Reason for including "either way". I just never understood people who post that type of thing.
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 09:36 PM
Yeah well I work at McDonalds and the food isnt really that bad for you. It is these parents who bring their kids through the drive thru and get them tons of food, then go home and let them watch TV for 5 hours. They dont make them do anything, that is how you get a fat ass not eating our food.

Ever here of exercise, I bike 2 miles a day, everyday doing newspapers, then go eat at McDonalds so I dont gain anything.

Posted By: JVT_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 09:37 PM
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Yeah well I work at McDonalds and the food isnt really that bad for you. It is these parents who bring their kids through the drive thru and get them tons of food, then go home and let them watch TV for 5 hours. They dont make them do anything, that is how you get a fat ass not eating our food.

Ever here of exercise, I bike 2 miles a day, everyday doing newspapers, then go eat at McDonalds so I dont gain anything.

And the Hitman strikes again.

Good grief, make it stop!

Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 09:43 PM
MIL eliminators fix everything !
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 10:13 PM
I canâ??t eat McDonalds anymore either. There is a McDonalds in the student center at my university. One day while walking to class I walked past the exhaust vent for their grille. The smell/taste was so foul I nearly threw up. Ever since then I gag even thinking about McDonalds.
Posted By: Nate S Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 10:20 PM
ahah, what did the guy HONESTLY expect to happen?
Posted By: sigma Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/23/04 10:29 PM
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I ever heard.

My favorite is this line:

"...then go eat at McDonalds so I dont gain anything."

McDonald's is apparently the secret to losing weight.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/24/04 02:00 AM
For all of you not in the upper midwest...

McFlurries are a bad ripoff of Dairy Queen Blizzards.

I think my grandfather said it best... everything in moderation. No need to go off the deep end either way.

On the BMI, there are risks even for muscle/fit people to have an overly high BMI. Your body has the infrastructure to accomodate only so much size, whether that be fat or muscle. Exceeding that size puts stress on the body.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/24/04 07:13 AM
Originally posted by svtcarboy:

I think my grandfather said it best... everything in moderation. No need to go off the deep end either way.

Exactly.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/24/04 07:22 AM
Originally posted by JVT:
That's nutz.

(fries are good though)

-J

You mean the salt is good. Those pureed fries suck w/o salt. Next time JVT ask for salt, then get ANY other fast food fry unsalted, put the Rotten Ronnies salt on and you've got the same awesome taste.
Posted By: gsxr907 Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/24/04 12:35 PM
Yeah I see a class action law suit from this one.....
your honor my I ate a big mac/fry and now my Dic% is limp!
Posted By: Obsidian Re: McDonalds for a month!?!?! - 04/24/04 03:06 PM
Originally posted by gsxr907:
Yeah I see a class action law suit from this one.....
your honor my I ate a big mac/fry and now my Dic% is limp!

Holy crap man. I'm going to use you in my sig!

Side note, I used to eat McD's every day (driving everywhere) and I didn't gain a damn pound. Ever since I got married I eat my wife's good food and damn I've gained 20lbs. It's so good but how do I tell her that I can't eat it because it makes my pants tight!

Double Cheeseburgers rule!

Checkers is the best though (Think it's called Rally's in the west)
Posted By: gsxr907 Re: McDonalds no more hard -on - 04/25/04 03:10 PM
well now that I am single I will be going to McD's
a bit more....Dam I love life if its good
Anything that feels good will mess you up or kill you:
sex, drugs, dam cel, now mcd's
© CEG Archives