Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Static superman returns - 06/29/06 06:08 AM
SUCKS dont go see it
Posted By: svt4stv Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 06:29 AM
i didnt think it was that bad. coulda been better though. half the time he looked cgi, even his close up shots of his face. it was interesting how they tied it into the old movies, but didnt Lois Lane know clark kent was superman?? didnt she figure it out in the old ones?

the guy who plays superman looks a helluva lot like christopher reeve and kevin spacey was fantastic as lex luthor.

anyone catch on the news where the news anchor mentions gotham city. or tha Jason is wearing Aquaman pajamas to bed....just some minor DC "cross-posting"
Posted By: TGO Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 03:48 PM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
it was interesting how they tied it into the old movies, but didnt Lois Lane know clark kent was superman?? didnt she figure it out in the old ones?

he revealed his identity to her in superman 2.
Posted By: jtour Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 03:51 PM
I liked it. I just dont see why it cost so much cash to make it?

Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by TGO:
it was interesting how they tied it into the old movies, but didnt Lois Lane know clark kent was superman?? didnt she figure it out in the old ones?

And then didn't he somehow erase her memory of it at the end?
Posted By: TGO Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 04:04 PM
yeah he did actually
Posted By: SVTNupe_dup1 Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 04:04 PM
Originally posted by jtour:
I liked it. I just dont see why it cost so much cash to make it?

They probably spent $150 million just on the code for the CGI.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SVTNupe:

And then didn't he somehow erase her memory of it at the end?

yeah when he kisses her in her office one morning at work...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 04:11 PM
I think they couldnt have found a better super man, Brandon Routh looked very very close to Christopher Reeve and it was perfect. Anywho I loved it, I'd always been a huge superman fan, it did get kinda long though in the end, but the whole part where he saved the airplane, that was awesome!!
Posted By: TGO Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 04:15 PM
im gonna stop reading this thread now for incase of spoilers - but i've heard if you were a fan of the original superman, then you would like this one. Personally, i'm excited about it and can't wait to see it.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 04:25 PM
im gonna stop reading this thread now for incase of spoilers - but i've heard if you were a fan of the original superman, then you would like this one. Personally, i'm excited about it and can't wait to see it.

yea man, it was awesome!
Posted By: KerryKool Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 07:20 PM
I liked it.

If you go see it, when superman returns from ______, listen very close to the name of the cities the daily planet boss names off, that superman helped. Gotham City is mentioned.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: superman returns - 06/29/06 07:28 PM
I'll probably see it at some point. I don't care much for Superman as a character though, too much of a goody-goody pretty boy.
Posted By: chemguru_dup1 Re: superman returns - 06/30/06 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Pete D:
I'll probably see it at some point. I don't care much for Superman as a character though, too much of a goody-goody pretty boy.

Batman owns!! =]

Overall, I enjoyed it. It was certainly worth seeing on the big screen. Ottoman did a pretty good job with the score.

--JamesT
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: superman returns - 06/30/06 06:05 AM
Fantastic movie, especially in IMAX. Give it a 9/10!
Posted By: rouar Re: superman returns - 06/30/06 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Pete D:

Hah - funny. That's the same impression I got from this movie (the first Superman movie I've ever seen) when watching it last night.

My friends agreed that it was worth watching ... nothing spectacular like X2, but decent enough that you're not bored. Beware the length of the movie though - we were in the theater from roughly 7PM-9:45PM (and I still had a 1.5+ hour commute home!).
© CEG Archives