Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: klavender_dup1 Any experiences with cable DVR boxes? - 06/16/06 12:51 AM
Normally, I like to watch tv while I eat. This morning was different. I cut the tv and cable box on and get this message: "Your EXPLORER settop is NOT AUTHORIZED for use". Many calls to Time Warner get me a busy signal. I keep trying throughout the day. I finally get through to a real person and I'm told I have to be at home so he can tell me how to fix it, didn't need a tech to come out, and call back when I got home. Like an idiot, I believed him. I've been trying to call for several hours now. I get nothing but a busy signal. Does anyone know if there is a setup mode or something I can get into and fix this?
Posted By: Static Re: Any experiences with cable DVR boxes? - 06/16/06 01:08 AM
is it an S.A. brand or Motorolla? From the screen you described it sounds like an S.A. let me know and I will tell you how to fix it. Or at least try
Sorry, I forgot to put that in there. It's a S.A. Explorer 8300.
Posted By: Static Re: Any experiences with cable DVR boxes? - 06/16/06 03:00 AM
I used to work on those all the time. I believe if you have to box turned on and you hit power menu on the remote it will take you to a diagostic menu, from there you will have to tell me what the menu says so I can help you
Nothing happened. There is 4 dashes on the box, but no power symbol comes up. I've tried it with the remote too.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Any experiences with cable DVR boxes? - 06/16/06 03:50 AM
Hmmm... Comcast uses the Motorolas/General Instruments... Try...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/index.php?

I found LOTS of useful information with my older Comcast DVR 3612 box.

I'm sure there is stuff about your box.
© CEG Archives