Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
First of all, I'm sure some of you have seen me drop hints here and there for the new Transformers Live movie (July 4 2007). I have some updates and information if people wish to look.

Here's a quote from Michael Bay, after the first week of shooting.
Quote:

We finished our first week. One of the best first weeks on a movie I've ever experienced. We shot over 250 set ups.

I'm working on the military aspects of the film right now in New Mexico at Hollaman Air Force base and the Army's White Sands missile base. The military has been stellar with us. This is the largest military cooperation since Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down.

Friday we shot two CV-22's (Ospreys). They fly like aliens dropping out of the sky. We also shot stealth fighters and low attack missile runs (50 feet off the deck) A10 Warthogs. They look so deadly and mean...

Original Link

Transformers Characters
Transformers Characters:

Autobots

Optimus Prime
18 Wheeler, Semi. No mention of flat cab or long nose here.

Ironhide
Pickup Truck. All characters seem to scan and mimic real things they see in the movie. The one he scans is mentioned as being black.

Ratchet
Ambulance. No mention of style.

Jazz
Exotic Sportscar. No model mentioned. He scans one spinning in a showroom, so let's assume its fancy.

Bumblebee
Chevy Camaro. Yellow, racing stripes. He changes form at least once to another car form later in the script. Can not talk. Never a bug or smaller styled car.
Old Bumble bee
New Bumblebee
New Bumblebee
New Bumblebee

Decepticons

Megatron
Black, jet. Cybertronian in form, not "in disguise" or based on human machinery.

Starscream
F-22 Raptor Jet.

Scorponok
Metallic Scorpion. Seems to act as a drone.

Vortex
Real life military helicoptor. Scorponok attaches to him.

Brawl
Police Car. Soundwave works closely with him.
Brawl
Brawl
Brawl
Brawl
Decepticon Sheild

Soundwave
Portable Boombox styled radio. Max at 4.5 feet tall. Described as razor thin, and has a mouth.

Devastator
Tank.
Devastator
Devastator
Devastator
Devastator

Bonecrusher
Mine clearing vehicle.
Bonecrusher
Bonecrusher
Bonecrusher

Mean!!!!!!
I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS! Seriously, even if the movie ends up sucking, I'll be seeing it.

[nerd] I wonder why they're mixing Beast Wars in with regular Transformers though? i.e. Scorponok [/nerd]
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS! Seriously, even if the movie ends up sucking, I'll be seeing it.

[nerd] I wonder why they're mixing Beast Wars in with regular Transformers though? i.e. Scorponok [/nerd]

I agree with both things you just said .

Aaron

Scorponok was a character from the original series as well, actually. Little known though in the US as he only appeared in the final episode aired here.
[geek]Scorpinok was actually a G1 Character as well.

Bot Mode

Alt mode

Toy

[/geek]

As far as I know, this movie (and sequels) are G1 based.
That movie looks like its gonna be pretty darn good. I like them bring in the camaro that isn't even being made yet too.

Also, on a side not, I work on the A10 here at Lockheed Martin As we speak I am working on integrating a new missle on the A-10 that has not been fired off of a fixed wing aircraft other than the predator which isn't a fighter. We will probably be testing at White Sands also this fall.
Originally posted by CeeBee94Z:
That movie looks like its gonna be pretty darn good. I like them bring in the camaro that isn't even being made yet too.

Also, on a side not, I work on the A10 here at Lockheed Martin As we speak I am working on integrating a new missle on the A-10 that has not been fired off of a fixed wing aircraft other than the predator which isn't a fighter. We will probably be testing at White Sands also this fall.

They're finally putting Hellfire on the A-10? It's about time...I remember that being advertised as a "capability" probably 15 years ago. The Hog could probably carry a dozen of those things.
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

They're finally putting Hellfire on the A-10? It's about time...I remember that being advertised as a "capability" probably 15 years ago. The Hog could probably carry a dozen of those things.

I don't see how they could unless it has gone away from being wire-controlled.
Originally posted by We Todd:

Are you serious? You must not follow the A-10 that much anymore. We just rolled out a HUGE upgrade to the A-10, now the A-10C called Precision Engagement. It has a lot more capability now, why do you think they are still keeping it active after talks of retiring it? Because nothing can provide CAS like the A-10.

You're confusing TOW and Hellfire missiles. The old TOW are wire-guided, but the Hellfires are laser or radar-guided.
Originally posted by sigma:

You're confusing TOW and Hellfire missiles. The old TOW are wire-guided, but the Hellfires are laser or radar-guided.

Yup.

Are you serious? You must not follow the A-10 that much anymore. We just rolled out a HUGE upgrade to the A-10, now the A-10C called Precision Engagement. It has a lot more capability now, why do you think they are still keeping it active after talks of retiring it? Because nothing can provide CAS like the A-10.

I wasn't referring to the A-10, but thanks.
Originally posted by sigma:

Ah, ok. Thanks for setting me straight.

Yea, I realized that after re-reading it, sorry about that. Its just a lot of people "make fun" of the A-10 for being so old and not as technologically advanced as the modern fighters.

Yea, I realized that after re-reading it, sorry about that. Its just a lot of people "make fun" of the A-10 for being so old and not as technologically advanced as the modern fighters.

Well, its not, its just very redundant and has alot of brute force behind it. :-)
Well, its not, its just very redundant and has alot of brute force behind it. :-)

Yea, I agree for the most part, but as previously mentioned, we just rolled out a HUGE upgrade which gave the aircraft so many more capabilities. Its getting there. This aircraft will be here for a while to come.
StarScream and Soundwave will Rule the world!
PS this post needs more B-2
Originally posted by Decepticon:

StarScream is da bomb! When I was younger, Jazz was my favorite.

Decepticons in general are da bomb!!!! Autobots are teh Lame!

from what I've read about the script. your decepticons dont say much in the movie. Apparently megs only has one line, and soundwave says nothing
any word on the combo-bots like the Constructicons?

ahh man...im bummed they didnt use a VW bug for bumblebee! I know its not tough, but he was always my favorite character. You gotta have the little guy that everybody can cheer for!

Screw modern. Muscle is what counts. This is the view that makes the enemy wet themselves:

and I'm not referring to the knucklehead ankle-biter.

I thought SoundWave was an Autobot. Damn... that was a LONG LONG time ago.

--JamesT
ok what the hell, megatron is a jet?!?!? That aint right. He should still be the big ass gun.

And soundwave doesnt talk?!?! I loved the way he sounded, I HATED starscream. He was such a B*TCH.
Originally posted by chemguru:

I thought SoundWave was an Autobot. Damn... that was a LONG LONG time ago.

--JamesT

Nope, that was "Blaster" that was the Autobots version of Soundwave. Blaster was corny though. Soundwave ruled.
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
ok what the hell, megatron is a jet?!?!? That aint right. He should still be the big ass gun.

You're thinking of Go-bots.

uh i don't think so.

My fave was Bluestreak, the Datsun 280Z. The little shoulder cannon things could launch like 20 feet!

I also liked Wheeljack.

I think I still have them in a shoe box somewhere...

There were a few jets. My favorite was the rare Autobot Jetfire. GoBots had Leader One, an F-14 Tomcat. Megatron became Galvatron, a big ass Canon. Wow, I really need to grow up..... LOL, naaaaaaaaah.
Transformers used to be my favorite show ever...Definately seeing this. And as said before, even if it sucks im gonna see it!
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
ahh man...im bummed they didnt use a VW bug for bumblebee! I know its not tough, but he was always my favorite character. You gotta have the little guy that everybody can cheer for!

Hasbro could no longer get the rights for the vw. Its believed because of the new Herbie that just came out (which sucked)

Megatron is a jet because of mass shifting. Think about the old show. How the hell did megatron TOWER humans, and then when in gun mode, he was small enough to fit in their hands. Something the movie had to deal with.

And soundwave doesnt talk?!?! I loved the way he sounded, I HATED starscream. He was such a B*TCH.

Soundwave will talk, just rumors stating he doesn't in this movie. There is big controversy over old voice actors vs new voice actors.
Originally posted by baco99:
My fave was Bluestreak, the Datsun 280Z. The little shoulder cannon things could launch like 20 feet!

I also liked Wheeljack.

I think I still have them in a shoe box somewhere...

Something you might be interested in... They've created a new line called Alternators or Binaltech for the jap line.

Almost same names, and heads, but updated cars. Currently I have the whole collection I'd post pics, but have no where to host.
Originally posted by Doppelg?¤nger:

There were a few jets. My favorite was the rare Autobot Jetfire. GoBots had Leader One, an F-14 Tomcat. Megatron became Galvatron, a big ass Canon. Wow, I really need to grow up..... LOL, naaaaaaaaah.

Jetfire the toy was awesome, because it was stolen from the Robotech/Macross VF-1S, but Skyfire in the cartoon was pretty lame. Leader One in Go-Bots was an F-15, not a Tomcat.

I'm guessing on Megatron being a jet instead of a gun may have been done partially because of the mass-shifting wouldn't fly as well in a live action movie, as well as the new toy tie-ins may be tougher to sell as a handgun with all the legislation around toy guns since the G1 transformers came to market originally.
Skyfire, lame?

I guess we differ

What about wheeljack? Shockwave? Shockwave is indeed a gun, but he could transform into a giant weapon for the Decepticons and still pull it off well..

Thanks for sharing this info
Originally posted by Rara:

I'm guessing on Megatron being a jet instead of a gun may have been done partially because of the mass-shifting wouldn't fly as well in a live action movie, as well as the new toy tie-ins may be tougher to sell as a handgun with all the legislation around toy guns since the G1 transformers came to market originally.

Originally posted by SnafuFlux:

Megatron is a jet because of mass shifting. Think about the old show. How the hell did megatron TOWER humans, and then when in gun mode, he was small enough to fit in their hands. Something the movie had to deal with.

exactly! I forgot to mention the whole anti gun thing.
I have faith...but i think i, like most fans, will compare it to the animated movie. And i don't think there will be one.
wasnt jazz a porsche? always looked like a 911 to me. jazz as a carrera gt would be badass.
Originally posted by hmouta:
wasnt jazz a porsche? always looked like a 911 to me. jazz as a carrera gt would be badass.

Yep, a 930 slopenose with a HUGE tail.

I'm not sure he will be a porche in this movie. Hasbro tried to get the rights for the The Alternators line but they said no (VW and Porche being the same company). So they went to the RX8.

MORE PRODUCTION SHOTS

I'm not sure he will be a porche in this movie. Hasbro tried to get the rights for the The Alternators line but they said no (VW and Porche being the same company). So they went to the RX8.

MORE PRODUCTION SHOTS

Well, rights to the nameplates or not, the idea has to be updated and "Hollywoodized" so that they can capture mass market appeal. We'll see how it goes.
agreed. The only thing I've read, is that Jazz will be a sports car of somesort. Seeing that bumble bee is a damn camaro, I would hope that jazz is at least double that, and not just the RX8. However, I did just read that the names aren't set in stone yet. So maybe that isn't bumble bee, damn Michael bay!

I'm sure we'll find out in the time to come. Its going to be an exciting year
And here we have it folks! The teaser poster, counting down to the teaser trailer in 26 days!!!

CHILLS
The only other yellow car that would match the Camaro is SunFire.
Originally posted by xchang:
The only other yellow car that would match the Camaro is SunStreaker.

fixed.

yah I know, however sunstreaker was more a super car? although in the alternator line, he's a viper. so I dunno.
Can't get into link... 403 denied.
Originally posted by xchang:
The only other yellow car that would match the Camaro is SunStreaker.

fixed.

AH! Thanks... was thinking of a hot girl I saw in a Sunfire earlier.
Originally posted by bishop375:
Can't get into link... 403 denied.

that really sucks. its a beautiful site (and sight)!
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=3828
more updates....
Airman Trains Actors for 'Transformers' Movie
Air Force Print News | Heather Stanton | June 12, 2006

Holloman AFB, N.M. - For authentic military aspects, DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures looked no further than Air Force Airmen for the major motion picture production â??Transformers.â? Actors trained for their individual military parts with an Air Force senior NCO.

Master Sgt. Ray Bolinger, combat controller with the 22nd Special Tactics Squadron at McChord Air Force Base, Wash., trained Tyrese Gibson, one of the lead actors, on the mannerisms and language of a combat controller.

â??I am his combat control technical adviser,â? he said. â??I taught him the authentic dialogue of calling in an air strike.â?

As an Air Force combat controller, Sergeant Bolinger provides air and ground interface, is a certified air traffic controller and calls in air strike attacks when in war.

But Sergeant Bolinger taught more than language and dialogue. He also trained actors how to dress in a military uniform in order to look the part.

From the basic battle dress uniform to adding the bullet-proof vest, Kevlar helmet and weaponry, the actors will look like an authentic special operations team in the movie.

Sergeant Bolinger was able to teach the actors Air Force skills because he is an experienced Airman. He has been a combat controller for 20 years, deployed twice to both Iraq and Afghanistan and is now a terminal attack control instructor.

â??I did about two years of training right out of basic,â? Sergeant Bolinger said.

Combat controller training starts at Lackland AFB, Texas. From there it is on to Keesler AFB, Miss.; Fort Benning, Ga.; Pope AFB, N.C.; and Fairchild AFB, Wash. The Airmen also parachute train at the Yuma Proving Grounds in Arizona and go to dive school with the Navy in Panama City, Fla.

Sergeant Bolinger graduated from Alamogordo High School in 1983. His father was an F-4 Phantom fighter pilot stationed here from 1977 to 1983.

As for the movie, Sergeant Bolinger is excited to see it. He trained with the crew in California for a week and was at Holloman for a week during filming.

â??This movie is a good thing for the Air Force,â? Sergeant Bolinger said. â??I think it will help with recruiting, especially for special operations. Having someone so famous playing the role could bring people in.â?
Blurry Chase scenes
One year cannot pass fast enough!
Still a fan................ LINK seen this one yet? real or fake........and he will probably be Galvatron..... more spoilers on this site
yah, that was done way before they had castings or anything. I believe that to just be test data. To show what kind of stuff they can do.

Galvatron will not be in this movie (as told thus far)
How in the world did I miss this comming?! I was such the Transformer geek! My friends and I would always try to see who could create the best "transforming" sound. Remember when they went from Optimus to Rotimus Prime and he was a big whinny baby!

What was the name of the plannet eating monstrosity from the original animated Movie. And do you remember MetroPlex? He was the whole city that would transform into a giant jet/rocket. The constructicons were by far the coolest. Remember the stupid dino-bots? Damn feels like a flashback!
Originally posted by DESIGN:
]Remember when they went from Optimus to Rodimus Prime and he was a big whinny baby!

- fixed

Originally posted by DESIGN:

What was the name of the plannet eating monstrosity from the original animated Movie.

Unicron, and did YOU know that there is a yang to his ying? Cybertron is actually a transformer called Primus. He's where the matrix came from.
Hey! Maybe the Dancing Citroen can finally find some more work now!

I had never seen this one, it's an ice skating Citroen C4.
First of all, I'm sure some of you have seen me drop hints here and there for the new Transformers Live movie (July 4 2007). I have some updates and information if people wish to look.

Man the sight of two of those things in the air scares me silly! Only means somebody is kicking the reaper in the gonads. Only recently, and probably not made public, is how one of those abortions went into a 50 foot hover completely uncommanded by the crew. Thats some scary shizit. Congress keeps that and drops the Comanche? Somebodys getting rich.

Jim T
Originally posted by jthursby:

Man the sight of two of those things in the air scares me silly! Only means somebody is kicking the reaper in the gonads. Only recently, and probably not made public, is how one of those abortions went into a 50 foot hover completely uncommanded by the crew. Thats some scary shizit. Congress keeps that and drops the Comanche? Somebodys getting rich.

Waah waah waah. One of the first F-14s had one wing stick full forward and one full back in flight, and I've seen video of a production Tomcat's engines blowing up in a turn. PRODUCTION, as in deployed at sea. Aircraft inadvertently lifting off while engines are running up happen more often than you think (I read one story of one of the F-16 test jets lifting off during high-speed taxi because they didn't realize how much lift the body generated), and occasionally it's not even a pilot in the cockpit, but instead a crew chief with at best a rudimentary understanding of flying and none of landing. The Osprey crews don't deserve the "You're gonna die!" chants coming from goobers like you who think they know something special. And Comanche deserved to get killed...it was a hyperexpensive project for a mission that doesn't exist anymore. It's not as good a recon platform as the Predator and it's not as good a killing machine as the Apache-D, so what's the point?
-=56k warning =-

What looks to be Bumble bee on his back.
cooooooool
-=56k warning =-

Grrrr....it's gone!
Originally posted by jthursby:

Waah waah waah. One of the first F-14s had one wing stick full forward and one full back in flight, and I've seen video of a production Tomcat's engines blowing up in a turn. PRODUCTION, as in deployed at sea. Aircraft inadvertently lifting off while engines are running up happen more often than you think (I read one story of one of the F-16 test jets lifting off during high-speed taxi because they didn't realize how much lift the body generated), and occasionally it's not even a pilot in the cockpit, but instead a crew chief with at best a rudimentary understanding of flying and none of landing. The Osprey crews don't deserve the "You're gonna die!" chants coming from goobers like you who think they know something special. And Comanche deserved to get killed...it was a hyperexpensive project for a mission that doesn't exist anymore. It's not as good a recon platform as the Predator and it's not as good a killing machine as the Apache-D, so what's the point?

I got your goober bro, and did you think for a minute that just maybe maybe, I do have some inside intell on this bird? No cause YOUR the know it all. All projects have teething problems, this one IS a teething problem. I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell. The people involved with a project (that would be you)are sometimes blind to the facts in the haste to bring the baby to fruition.

Jim T

PS When the ca-ca hits the fan, at least you can punch out of a Tomcat!
-=56k warning =-

Grrrr....it's gone!

Noooo!
optimus prime,!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXOymInsHPY&mode=related&search=transformers
I pray his final version is red and not a walking milk carton.

Prime looked like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of Transformers.
Originally posted by Rickson:
optimus prime,!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXOymInsHPY&mode=related&search=transformers

this was actually done by a amature. This is not what ILM is making. You can expect better than this.
Originally posted by Pre98:
-=56k warning =-

Grrrr....it's gone!

Noooo!

I'll look all over tomorrow. See if anyone saved and reposted the pic. until then, here are some other pictures...
more than meets the eye...
7 days until the teaser trailer comes out!

Edit: I found another aka bumblebee
This is awesome! Can't wait to see this. That last pic of bumblebee is awesome!!!
Hi Res bumblebee
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 TRANSFORMERS TRAILER RELEASED EARLY! - 06/29/06 10:55 PM
TRANSFORMERS TRAILER RELEASED EARLY!
http://www.transformersmovie.com/

or

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/multimedia/trailers/tft.zip

or

http://www.singbluesilver.com/multimedia/trailers/tft.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFsjxPkw0Qk&search=Transformer BOOM!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: TRANSFORMERS TRAILER RELEASED EARLY! - 06/30/06 03:35 PM
I was just in Las Cruces, NM. Apparently, a lot of filming is going on there.
Originally posted by SalKhan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFsjxPkw0Qk&search=Transformer BOOM!

That right there, is the reason they released it on their website early.

Thats horrible quality I might add. Transformersmovie.com is now working normally again (not getting a$$ raped).

Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 12:54 PM
It appears that a picture of "Optimus Prime" has been leaked.

all I can say is... at least he's a semi. thats about all I can say, because I hate the paint on it, and I wish he was a flatnose truck.

anyways, Its been posted on Wiki due to the fact that AICN was ordered to take down the picture.

Optimus "hot rod" Prime
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 05:17 PM
im not seeing it?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 05:25 PM
Haha that's gone now too. It was just a plain candy apple semi with black flames. Nothing unusual. I guess the pics should be saved since they are up and down. That bumble bee pic was bad arse.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 05:45 PM
I've got the pic saved... maybe I can sneak it up somewhere.

Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 06:15 PM
thats a shame...the souldnt change a classice like him

Wesley
Posted By: Harrry Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 06:33 PM
Here is the orginal Optimus prime.

40ft tall they made him in china.

Posted By: TGO Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 06:47 PM
I need to get my hands on a copy of the original transoformers movie. When optimus prime died that was the first time i ever cried during a movie.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 06:53 PM
Originally posted by TGO:
I need to get my hands on a copy of the original transoformers movie. When optimus prime died that was the first time i ever cried during a movie.

Did you get your lunch money taken a lot?
Posted By: TGO Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 07:07 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Did you get your lunch money taken a lot?

i got my lunch money taken about as many times as you've gotten laid
Posted By: ElKy Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 07:09 PM
well, we know after our trip to 'church' that todd is a virgin, so you must have been allowed to spend all your lunch money on lunch!
yay you!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/12/06 07:23 PM

i got my lunch money taken about as many times as you've gotten laid

About 35 times. I quit counting after college thanks. You must have been one poor kid.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 12:51 AM
I am suddenly highly disappointed already I hope that's a new look for towards the end of the movie for an approach/forshadow of Rodimus Prime or something, but I doubt it.

Red. Semi. Blue. Legs. How [censored] hard is it to get it right?
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 01:16 PM
I am suddenly highly disappointed already I hope that's a new look for towards the end of the movie for an approach/forshadow of Rodimus Prime or something, but I doubt it.

you know. The fact that he's a long nose... thats understandable. But FLAMES?! I mean, that doesn't suit Opt's character at all.
Posted By: Jason43 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 01:27 PM

you know. The fact that he's a long nose... thats understandable. But FLAMES?! I mean, that doesn't suit Opt's character at all.

This is Micheal Bay we're talking about. Don't underestimate his ability to fug up a movie.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Jason43:

This is Micheal Bay we're talking about. Don't underestimate his ability to fug up a movie.

I don't see why people feel the need to bash him all the time. So he doesn't make deep, heartfelt, Oscar-contender movies. What's wrong with a brainless explosionfest for a big budget summer movie?

And bash him all you want, he is still one of the most bankable directors in Hollyweird. His movies make a killing in the box office and in the home markets.

It's "lowest common denominator" entertainment at its best.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 03:46 PM
True, but I don't feel Armageddon was bad. In fact- I liked that movie. A lot.

I was just talking to Snafu about this. He (Bay) changed the Shuttle for Armageddon, but it was clearly still a Space Shuttle.

I don't think the above pic is really prime now- after thinking about it- but we'll see.
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 07:13 PM
I doubt that will be him. Considering Bay is looking to use the original voices, I doubt he would change much of the original design.

Here you go:

Quote:

Written by Eric Giordmaina
News Source: Aint-it-cool

No visuals yet - but a hell of a lot of detail. Quint over at AICN had a chance to sit down with Michael Bay, who has let loose more Transformer information than we have ever had in the past. The first thing Bay said to Quint as they sat down was "I'm not telling you any of the story." So if your after a storyline, then your out of luck. But when Bay was quizzed about the recent cast list floating around on the internet, all he could do was nod and smile and say "Well, it sure is a big cast." So we know Bay can dodge a bullet - I'd say it's a pretty safe bet IGN's scoop was legit.

The best news I've heard so far is that Michael Bay intends to audition the original voice actors for the Autobots and Decepticons. This is something Bay said he wants the fans to know - however there is still no guarantee they'll make the final cast, but Bay will audition them to hear how they sound. (His main fear is the actors may be too old and may be noticeable in their voices)

Bay also showed Quint a rough design for the Teaser Poster. Here is how Quint describes it;

Bay then showed me a rough design for the TRANSFORMERS teaser poster. It was a robotic eye overlooking planet Earth, kind of peeking over the curvature of the globe. The eye was in a brow the shape of a right triangle and looked very mechanical, iris and all. The tagline was "Their War. Our World."

The Concept art shown to Quint was carefully chosen by Bay as to not show anything he didn't want him to see. One of the peices of art work was an early version of Optimus Prime....and YES! He is still a Mac Truck!

It was around here that I got my first look at Optimus Prime. I saw three concept art pieces on Optimus. The first was a headshot. He is blue, like the cartoon, but I noticed a lack of red in the early stuff I saw. Mostly steel gray and blue. Not sure what I think about that. His face is a bit longer than I remember the cartoon being, but the image I think of when I picture Optimus Prime is when his face guard is up. Bay was quick to point out that the Optimus I was seeing was him without his battle mask. Like the other robot I saw, Optimus was more angular than the cartoon, but he was still hulking. He was by no means lithe and skinny. Bulky, but not blocky.
The second piece of art I saw had him standing full size, head to toe , on the right side and his vehicle form on the left. Yes, it's still a Mac truck. The third piece was a close up on his eyes. The one I liked the most had the iris of the eye looking like a turbine engine. Very mechanical, but like a camera shutter it appeared that he could dilate the "pupils." There were metal slats around his eyes as well that looked like they could slide over each other to give the area around the eyes specific movement and life. The other option was exactly the same, but the iris had what looked like wires instead of slats (turbine engine thingys). It was very pretty and mimicked the look of a human iris a bit more, but felt out of place in the robotic skull.

Bay the discussed the beginning of the film;

It starts in the Antarctica with a man chipping away at a giant ice wall. Something happens, his dogs run away and ice wall opens, the man falling into an icy cave, sliding down into the earth. When he stops, the camera pulls back and shows him resting in a giant robotic hand, half in and half out of the ice.

Later, Bay revealed that although this is the beginning of the movie, it isn't the first thing we see. Bay's words were, "We will actually see Cybertron," which is the planet where the Autobots hail from.

Animatics revealed that there's going to be a fight between Megatron and Optimus Prime in downtown LA, fights between fully transformed Autobots and Decepticons which will have them plucking lamp posts out of the ground and smashing the other with the blocky concrete end, a freeway chase, with Optimus doing the chasing and as he catches up to the Decepticon he transforms as he gets close, keeping the tires on the ground and avoiding as many cars as he can. The transformation was everything Transformers geeks would want to see big. It was smooth and ended with Optimus crouching, the wheels still on the ground.

One of the last things spoken about was the teaser trailer. Quint says it starts off in space and it will be released this 4th of July. The movie starts shooting next month.

For the full article, head over to Aint-it-cool via the source link above.

http://www.fi-sci.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=52&task=view&id=73

The original: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23105
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Bumble Bee!!! - 07/13/06 07:44 PM
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Bumble Bee!!! - 07/13/06 07:48 PM
lol
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Bumble Bee!!! - 07/13/06 07:53 PM
Eh?

That's him... well... part of him.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Bumble Bee!!! - 07/13/06 07:57 PM
yah I already posted that a while back in this thread.
Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Bumble Bee!!! - 07/13/06 08:12 PM
D'oh!

I didn't see that link! WTF, M8?

I deserved that trout slap.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 08:19 PM
SalKhan relieves considerable stresses!
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 09:50 PM
Should we fear anymore? A new Optimus Toy has me thinking this is what he's going to look like.

20th Anniversary Prime Toy

Straight from TFM.com :shrugs: God I hope so!
Posted By: Jason43 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 11:02 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on the original voice actors being used. Bay's stated he will audition them, but he's also stated he wants to use who he thinks is are best actors for the part. And since they're obviously not concerned with keeping the movie true to the original 80's line, I don't see Bay thinking that the original voices are the best choice. I look for them to go with big name actors. Names they can slap on the tv commercials and movie posters to try and sell more tickets.
Posted By: Jason43 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 11:05 PM
Should we fear anymore? A new Optimus Toy has me thinking this is what he's going to look like.

20th Anniversary Prime Toy

Straight from TFM.com :shrugs: God I hope so!

That toy came out 2 years ago. It has nothing to do with the movie.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Jason43:
I wouldn't hold your breath on the original voice actors being used. Bay's stated he will audition them, but he's also stated he wants to use who he thinks is are best actors for the part. And since they're obviously not concerned with keeping the movie true to the original 80's line, I don't see Bay thinking that the original voices are the best choice. I look for them to go with big name actors. Names they can slap on the tv commercials and movie posters to try and sell more tickets.

With that said, which actor would be a good choice for which transformer?

Richard Simmons for Bumble Bee?

Posted By: bishop375_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 11:17 PM
Peter Cullen still sounds the same as he always has. In fact, I think his voice may be better than it was in his... er... "Prime."

I mean... they obviously can't use Scatman Crowthers (RIP!), but, the others may be too dated. I mean... we watched them 20 years ago!

As long as the voices aren't THAT far off of how they should sound, I won't be sad.

At the very least, they should have SOME of the original voice characters make a cameo. Radio DJ's or newscasters or some such.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 07/13/06 11:29 PM
yah the toy has no relation to the movie at all.

Cullen had auditioned, as a rumor was speading around the net. But seems Don Murphy just shot that one down yesterday.

They have some dude named Mark Ryan on IMDB.com as a voice actor. who know what he sounds like. I hear he's a brit.
Posted By: TGO Re: Optimus Prime? - 08/06/06 06:45 AM
access hollywood footage

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/media/tfaccess01.mov

michelle fox =win!
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Optimus Prime? - 08/06/06 11:11 AM
access hollywood footage

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/media/tfaccess01.mov

michelle fox =win!

The blood supply must've been completely cut off from your brain..... Or you're just an idiot.

It's Megan Fox. Not that it doesn't say it in English or anything.
Posted By: TGO Re: Optimus Prime? - 08/06/06 06:53 PM
sorry, was drinking many...many beers last night.

i thought i might have gotten her name wrong, but was like "meh" and figured half was enough to make my point.
© CEG Archives