Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Yeah, it's kind of a dumb post, but interesting nonetheless. Aside from the usual insurance card, registration, and owner's manual what do you all keep in your glove boxes? I was thinking about this the other day since my brother has a PS2 in his (fairly common nowadays) and another CEGer has a DVD player in his box. So it gets pretty creative. My lists are below.

CSVT
Swiss Army Tool
Flashlight
Pen
Napkins (have kid, necessity)
Stereo remote
$10 at all times

FSVT (EDD)
GPS unit
Radar Detector (interchange w/CSVT)
Knife (interchange w/CSVT)
Napkins
Pen
Mini LED flashlight
Spare ATM card
Sunglasses

MSP
Stereo remote
Napkins
Mini debit card
Sunglasses
Wife drives, so there's girly stuff in there to.

On occassion, my CSVT or FSVT might have a loaded Glock .40 in the glove box as well. Depends on my mood.
gloves.

i didn't know we were allowed to put anything else in it!
some gum, wheel lock key, wire for my guitar (i can play it through my stereo), audio connectors just in case, electrical tape, AA's for my digi which is usually in my car somewhere, i think that's about it.

~Alex
Fror Bronco:
Bloody glove
Bloody knife
Bruno Malli receipt
VHS of Naked Gun
EO CSVT .....roll of electrical tape warranty papers..(why i don't know)

Sierra...warranty info, owners manuals, napkins, trailer brakes wiiring harness, trailer lights adapter.

E1 CSVT....parts, nuts, bolts, various other csvt crap.
Originally posted by Mushu:
Fror Bronco:
Bloody glove
Bloody knife
Bruno Malli receipt
VHS of Naked Gun

You forgot Johnny Cochran's business card.
Couple of knives
Broke sun glasses
Insurance info,etc.
HU face plate case
Bottle opener
Tire pressure gauge
Some sockets,screwdrivers, and wrenches
Box cutter
Electrical tape
Flashlight
Some other assorted things
DC/AC inverter (hardwired..)
control box for wireless video cameras mounted throughout car..
DVR (hardwired)
multiplexer

napkins (have wife.. needed.. kid on the way.. glad I am in the habit..
girly stuff, for "just in case" times.

Ray
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Fror Bronco:
Bloody glove
Bloody knife
Bruno Malli receipt
VHS of Naked Gun

That's on my fridge. It has a magnet on it. Fancy, no?
Fror Bronco:
Bloody glove
Bloody knife
Bruno Malli receipt
VHS of Naked Gun

That's on my fridge. It has a magnet on it. Fancy, no?

That is schnazzy.
SVT: Slimline PS2, 2 wireless controllers, ps2 dvd controller

SE: Pioneer 12 disc changer
Originally posted by Ray:
DVR (hardwired)
multiplexer
Ray

Are you serious? What are you doing...SVT Confessions?
what do you all keep in your glove boxes?

Good question
DVR (hardwired)
multiplexer
Ray

Ray's car is like a james bond car. Seriously.
Manual
3-D Maglight (fits just perfectly!)
some fuses
an envelope with registration and insurance- makes it faster when I get pulled over.
maps! NY, PA, Binghamton, Suquehanna county.
Guide to "buying and selling your car in PA". I dunno, my dad had it in there. I'll be glad it's there when I see a great deal I have to pick up right then

.44 Mag (Redhawk hunter), sometimes. Technically, since I'm not 21 it should be in the back seat, or trunk. Whatever. I don't like it sliding around. I usually only have it during hunting season anyway.

My trunk always has a nice big rope, a smaller, thinner one, and paper towels. Also, a knit hat and a few little blocks of wood around the spare. Also, a qt. of Mobil 1. In the winter it has a snowbrush-scraper, and in the summer a bathing suit, and usually a jug of water. I left the suit in from last summer: eaten by a rodent. Pfft. My trunk floor is removed, and replaced with a 3/4" piece of plywood with my sub bolted to it. I can pull the whole thing during auto-x season.

The seatback pocket has a copy of my version of this: link
Comes in very handy.

The lower din-slot holder has a tire pressure guage, sunglasses, and pens. It also has the (currently non-funtional) wire for my iPod.

The center console is garbage. I keep it lined with a little bad when I can. I hate trash in the car.

CD case usually rides shotgun, but it goes in the glovebox when I have passengers or am racing.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
DVR (hardwired)
multiplexer
Ray

Yeah, I see.... Ejector seat and missiles included?
DVR (hardwired)
multiplexer
Ray

nope thats my car..along with flares and chaff

they add horse power..come on now
Umm
Soundstream SVX4 and a garage door opener
$20 1.3mp digital camera with $30 64MB memory card; I bought two years ago at Walmart ... useful if I get in an accident and don't have my Cybershot on me
8-pack AAA batteries, half full, for my alarm remote (this thing EATS batteries, I go through one about every 1.5 months!) and for digital camera
registration, owner's manual, blah blah blah
tire pressure guage, small screwdriver set, flashlight that's probably dead now

Miata : Cell phone charger (I keep the doors unlocked so anything importaint is in the trunk)

MSP : Owners manual, Wheel lock key, Registration, Cell phone charger.

I keep my cars pretty well cleaned out since it is AutoX season again and I take everything out almost every weekend anyway.
Originally posted by moxnix:
Miata : Cell phone charger (I keep the doors unlocked so anything importaint is in the trunk)

Gotta love ragtops for security. Buy hey, who needs stuff in a miata anyway? 3 pedals, a shift knob, a tach, and a seat with enough straps to keep you held in sounds like enough.
Insurance card
registration card
wheel locks
condoms
cologne
DVR (hardwired)
multiplexer
Ray

I like to utilize my education in electronics, and soldering to make "things"...

Some things I can't state on here... actually.. the majority of which I can't state on here.. but uh.. yeah..

• Oscillating center air vents. (like a fan.. never have to worry about getting them "just right"... more of a novelty..
  • a few switches (5) in the center console.. controlling... some (5) .. things...
  • wireless cameras.. (4) throughout the car.. (front looking in the fog light... rear looking in lower valance) driver's cockpit from rear dash area, and the fourth is GOING to go in the shoulder of the seat for a "driver's" view..
  • multiplexed recorder to capture all of them to a DVR..
  • I'm working on a guage modification, but that is uhm.. top secret...
  • no missle launchers, but in my first cdw (95LX) I had a paintball gun in the front grill, and triggered by a electric servoc ran to a thumb switch in the cabin...

Anyway... the ejectionseat was too expensive, and the sunroof was too small.. = ouch..

Questions, anyone?

Ray
my glove box is on the floor

MK1 TD -
Swiss army knife
cd wallet
screwdriver set
mcd's napkins
mcd's ketchup
tax disc holder
blue tac
spare fuses
a few sweets
a CD Rom speaker cable ???? why i dunno !!

MK1 V6 -
DVD player with Shark tale inside
DVD remote
screen remote
cd wallet
and thats it "all tidy"
Ray, It's time I drove to San An. to see your car. Oh, and a question, Are you Q or just paranoid?
No.. I enjoy.... uhm... eventful driving.. and documentaries of said driving.. "events"...

That and I was sideswiped once, and he took off.. didn't have the license plate, so no help there.. this way, I will have it no matter what happens..

Come on down, man.. I'd love to have ya.. we can grill out, or something..

Ray
random screws from taking interior pannels apart, my V1, a couple pens and batteries for my alarm remote.
well i found out the hard way i have some out a date inshurance paper's when a cop puled me over the other day

i have some pens

but i keep all my goodies in the center console and the area under the stereo
knife watch ect
tire pressure gauge
the usual papers
pens
napkins
maintenance sheets/receipts
and ahh yes, gas receipts...and I mean all of them. I throw them in there until I get time to organize them. It gets real messy. (I think the last time I organized it was last summer, heh).
No.. I enjoy.... uhm... eventful driving.. and documentaries of said driving.. "events"...

That and I was sideswiped once, and he took off.. didn't have the license plate, so no help there.. this way, I will have it no matter what happens..

Come on down, man.. I'd love to have ya.. we can grill out, or something..

Ray

Aaaaaaahhh, I see. Good thinking. I'd like to view some of those event documentaries. I'll probably come down sometime. I'm going to be in Aggieland this coming week. Not close enough though. But I should make it there in by Mayish I think. I'll definitely contact you when I know.
There's a multi-head screwdriver with a band of 6 or 7 heads for it, a socket wrench, and my garage door opener. Give me a little time, and maybe I'll make REAL use out of it. My registration, car's information, lug nuts, etc; down in the door storage.

I keep two switchblades in the front ashtray that I pray will always be used for opening packages, but there are SOME drivers on certain days.. j/k
hmmmm...my registration....a couple of written warnings from the local constabulary (why am I holding on to those?)...Contour manual....reciepts from various sources (all repairs, oil changes, etc)....a Leatherman pocket tool...LED flashlight....tire gauge (good one with a dial and pointer)...Jimmy Hoffa....LOL
Hmm, everyone's content is way different, except there are some recurring themes.... lugnuts, some sort of tool, and a flashlight being a few of them. I guess nobody acutally has gloves in their glove box? LOL, that would be sorta asinine since we're not driving Ferraris here.
My wife "claims" i have a sort of Flaslhlight "fetish" or something....She can tell if i'm in a room in the house, because I always leave some sort of lighting device behind Hey I can't help it if I'm always fixing something....
-speeding ticket yet to be paid
-out of state parking tickets that will never be paid
-Ins. and reg.
-New England map
-napkins
-swiss-army knife
-pen(s)
-radar det. that needs a new cord(prolly explains speeding ticket)
-deck of cards

Fror Bronco:
Bloody glove
Bloody knife
Bruno Malli receipt
VHS of Naked Gun

REPORT: Famed attorney Johnny Cochran died this afternoon in California following an extended illness... Developing...
Panties! Her's not mine!

-Andy
[censored], I forgot to put my new insurance card in the glovebox.
glovebox:
-2 cd cases, 1 large and 1 small
-mini maglight(2AA)
-contour manual with insurance and registration inside
-car charger for cell
-deck of playing cards
-cleaning cloth for sunglasses
-wallet
i feel like i am forgetting something

trunk:
-"oops" bag, ie emergency duffle bag containing:
first aid kit
rollerblades
diagnostic scanner
mini air compressor with built in spot light
jumper cables

passenger seat back pocket:
-thomas guide

driver seat back pocket:
-repair manual

cubbies in front doors:
each holds 2 pairs of sunglasses in their cases
Originally posted by my csvt:

trunk:
-"oops" bag, ie emergency duffle bag containing:
first aid kit
rollerblades
diagnostic scanner
mini air compressor with built in spot light
jumper cables

Why in the hell do you consider rollerblades an "oops" item?

LOLOLOL

Ray
once upon a time i used to be pretty ok...meaning i was in no danger of hurting myself with them. thats when i got the bright idea(read stupid) of putting them in there incase i got stranded somewhere. that was a number of years ago and since then i have not used them once. they are still in there beacause i am too lazy to take them out.
Originally posted by Manch-VegasSVT:
-out of state parking tickets that will never be paid

That's great.
$1,000,000 cash.
Passenger Side:
-CD case
-Manual
-Remote for HU
-Set of records for repairs, oil changes, mods, and other crap I've done to my car
-Short and long phillips and flat screwdrivers and flat jewelers screwdriver
-razor blade
-Electrical tape
-Tire pressure gage
-Spare 16 guage wires and connectors
-Set of allen keys (in case moonroof shats itself)
-Swiss army type knife
-and...of course...a set of gloves

Driver side:
-Pen
-Sunglasses
CSVT:
-Small Wrench (just incase, you never know)
-SVT Booklet thingy
-Stereo manual
-5 pack of fuses (another "just incase")
-CD
-Extra clear turn signal bulbs
user manual
lotion
7.5 amp fuses
utility knife
misc extra light bulbs
two way
pen
IL road map
I never open my glove box for anything, but man, when I do, I sure do find some cool sh*t in there.
Yeah, it's kind of a dumb post, but interesting nonetheless. Aside from the usual insurance card, registration, and owner's manual what do you all keep in your glove boxes? I was thinking about this the other day since my brother has a PS2 in his (fairly common nowadays) and another CEGer has a DVD player in his box. So it gets pretty creative. My lists are below.

CSVT
Swiss Army Tool
Flashlight
Pen
Stereo remote
$10 at all times

FSVT (EDD)
GPS unit
Napkins
Pen
Mini LED flashlight
Spare ATM card
Sunglasses

MSP
Stereo remote
Napkins
Mini debit card
Sunglasses

On occassion, my CSVT or FSVT might have a loaded Glock .40 in the glove box as well. Depends on my mood.

No gun? and you call yourself a Texan!
Originally posted by mmars:

CSVT
Swiss Army Tool
Flashlight
Pen
Stereo remote
$10 at all times

FSVT (EDD)
GPS unit
Napkins
Pen
Mini LED flashlight
Spare ATM card
Sunglasses

MSP
Stereo remote
Napkins
Mini debit card
Sunglasses

No gun? and you call yourself a Texan!

Reread that post there.
Nothing that's very exciting.
stereo faceplate case
napkins
hand sanitizer
CD's
phone charger
gum (lots of it)
directions to Lancaster (from the last meet)

Oh, my gun is holstered at my side.
-owners manual (with registration, insurance cards inside)

-various paperwork about the car and it's warranty from when i bought it.

- good luck change from when i got the car

- my SZ02 nametag

- one of those thingies you squeeze to strengthen your grip

- tire pressure gauge

-old shift knob

- case for the faceplate of my radio

-owners manual and warranty info for my radio

- extra lighters

- dyno sheet

- condoms

I have to laugh at all the condoms in the glove boxes! Last time I checked they need to be kept at a cool room temp to ensure there protection. I know in the summer the inside of the car gets hella hot so I dont know if I would be trusting them!

Then again there probably expired from when you were 16 lol!
Mazda6: Owners Manual, including insurance card. Tire pressure gauge. Wheel lock key.

RX-7: Owners Manual, including insurance card. Some contact information for buddies in Indy. When the car is driven... anything that I need to lock up that I don't want in the trunk.

XContour... did you find any condoms in Ross's glovebox? I used to keep some in there too... I thought I cleaned them all out (and threw them away), but some of those banana ones may have gotten in there somewhere.
Let's see if I can remember what's in my gloveboxes ...

SVT - Too much junk

Jetta #1 - Too much junk

jetta #2 - Too much junk

See a pattern here ?!?! It all starts out OK , owners manual , registration/insurance cards & a pen . Then a couple kleenexes get thrown in . Then maybe another pen (somehow I accumulate free pens . Then maybe a CD or 2 get tossed in . Then maybe a note-paper or two , then it's all jacked-up !! I open the glovebox & crap is falling all over the place . I'm usually tidy about cars , but for some reason , my gloveboxes are a friggin' disaster !!
Kleenex
Disposable Camera (photo records for accidents)
Map of Vancouver
Insurance papers
Manuals
Catholic 'easter' cross that is a good luck thing to me. I've had it for years in my old car and I've never been in a major accident.

I'll soon have a tire and tread in one guage when it comes in from ebay
Tire pressure gauge
Couple napkins
Sunglasses
Anti-baterial hand cleaner
Cologne
Map
Pen
Flashlight
Gum
Cleaner CD
Lighter
A few other misc things
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
Let's see if I can remember what's in my gloveboxes ...

SVT - Too much junk

Jetta #1 - Too much junk

jetta #2 - Too much junk

See a pattern here ?!?! It all starts out OK , owners manual , registration/insurance cards & a pen . Then a couple kleenexes get thrown in . Then maybe another pen (somehow I accumulate free pens . Then maybe a CD or 2 get tossed in . Then maybe a note-paper or two , then it's all jacked-up !! I open the glovebox & crap is falling all over the place . I'm usually tidy about cars , but for some reason , my gloveboxes are a friggin' disaster !!

All I have is my owners manual, tire guage, and insurance paper.

When I worked at a dealership, this one dude came in with his grand am, air bag was rattling (the housing, actually. We had to take the glove box out and inside it, he had the following shocking items:

SEVERAL apple cores
3-4 unused condoms
1 USED condom
Mini box of latex gloves
Half a banana peel
About 6.00 in change
Several pens... 20 maybe.
About 50 paper clips
Condiment packets from NUMEROUS food places
Nascar stickers
Montley Crue CD
and about 15 half smoked ciggertts.. virginia slims I think.

Now.. I didn't TOUCH a damn thing in there... just my witness account from standing 5 feet away.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I have to laugh at all the condoms in the glove boxes! Last time I checked they need to be kept at a cool room temp to ensure there protection. I know in the summer the inside of the car gets hella hot so I dont know if I would be trusting them!

Then again there probably expired from when you were 16 lol!

nah, they're fine...you gotta keep em in the box though, or else the wrapper can break down from all the other crap in there. I found one on the bottom of the glove box once (i was in a pinch) and it had probably been in there about a year, and the wrapper was destroyed. So yeah, keep em in the box and you'll be fine.
In my Glove box i have:

Led Flashlight
Receipts for everything i bought for my car
Knife
Box of blunts
Some AA batteries
CD case with nothing in it (dont know why)
Face plate Case
Ashtray
first aid kit
Axe body spray
...um i think thats it, its pretty standard i think lol
Originally posted by WhiteC:
Box of blunts and a stash of weed.
...um i think thats it, its pretty standard i think lol

Standard huh?
~Owner's Manual
~Proof of Insurance / Registration
~AAA Card
~Keyless Entry Manual
~Alpine CDM-9803 Owner's Manual
~Alpine CDM-9803 Face Case

Standard for Snoop Dogg maybe....He has a codisole in his Concert Contract that stipulates he must be supplied with 2 lbs of "high grade marijuana" in every city he stops in....unbelieveable.....
Passenger Side:

Maps of just about everywhere
Owners manual
Copies of invoices/work orders
Crackers (wife always puts them in)
Hand lotion from a hotel
Canadian Tire money
Packet of fuses
Multihead screwdriver
Sisters of Mercy CD
Macc Lads CD
Tyre pressure guage

Drivers Side:

Ownership
Insurance
Extremely expensive hand-crafted watch
Madness Tape
Queen Tape

That's about it, but the other famous storage areas (under the seats) are crammed full of goodies!
Originally posted by Christian:
Passenger Side:

Maps of just about everywhere
Owners manual
Copies of invoices/work orders
Crackers (wife always puts them in)
Hand lotion from a hotel
Canadian Tire money
Packet of fuses
Multihead screwdriver
Sisters of Mercy CD
Macc Lads CD
Tyre pressure guage

Drivers Side:

Ownership
Insurance
Extremely expensive hand-crafted watch
Madness Tape
Queen Tape

That's about it, but the other famous storage areas (under the seats) are crammed full of goodies!

I know whos car Im breakin' into!!
JUST KIDDING!!! I dont do that [censored].

PS- You have 2 glove boxes??
Originally posted by GetLucky151:

Mystique ...
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by GetLucky151:

Mystique ...

Ohhhhhhh, got it now.
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
Standard for Snoop Dogg maybe....He has a codisole in his Concert Contract that stipulates he must be supplied with 2 lbs of "high grade marijuana" in every city he stops in....unbelieveable.....

ya i thought its pretty standard to have a box of blunts in ur car..lol i mean you never know what might come ur way Snoop Dogg is a crazy Motha F-er... anybody else think its standard???
I smoke cigars occasionally (not with weed rolled in them) and wouldn't the wrappers get "crispy" sitting in the glove compartment like that?
my Saab doesn't have a glove box. it has an airbag instead. and a pouch that holds the owner's manual.

© CEG Archives