Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:08 AM
Well, I hate to say this but I am having quite a wierd experience with SP at the moment. I ordered my much anticipated BAT kit like 2 weeks ago. After a couple of days of not recieving them I recieved an e-mail from Joe at SP. He told me they were out of the BAT struts for the SVT and had just gotten them in that day so it should be shipped out. 2-3 days later I call asking about them again, he said that they didnt have the SVT BAT kit in stock and have to order it from BAT directly to get it shipped to my house, he said he will also call me as soon as BAT ships it out. You all must understand here, I have taken this comming monday the 28th off from work and school just soo I can have the whole day with my friend to put on the BATs. I had all this planned and intentionally gave it a 2 week period just incase. I bought my BAT kit Thursday March 10 in the morning. Anyways still no call from Joe regarding the shipping. I call Joe again today asking about the Kit being as polite as possible, he said that BAT had sent him the tracking number and he will e-mail it to me as soon as he gets back from the post office. STILL no e-mail/phone call regarding the shipment. I mean come on now, its not that hard. I better have my BAT kit here by monday cause if not, I want my $41 for shipping refunded.

How do you all feel about this?
Posted By: svt490 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:15 AM
I'm really surprised at this, When I bought my maf adapter from SP, it was a very smooth transaction. I havent seen the shop, but its like 15 min from my apt
Posted By: gSto Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:16 AM
I had the same thing happen a while back, getting the wrong adapter on my pro flow...i could not get a hold of those guys or have them call me back. I eventually just sold the damn thing to someone who had the right adapter
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:17 AM
I went by that shop twice when I lived in the area. Joe (I think that's his name) was super cool with me. Just be straight with him and tell him exactly how you feel. He'll make it right.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
I went by that shop twice when I lived in the area. Joe (I think that's his name) was super cool with me. Just be straight with him and tell him exactly how you feel. He'll make it right.

dude I have been. I understand the delays and all, he was really apologetic and etc but the thing that really upsets me was that he'd say he will call me, no call. He said he would e-mail me, no e-mail. I mean...wtf dude!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

dude I have been. I understand the delays and all, he was really apologetic and etc but the thing that really upsets me was that he'd say he will call me, no call. He said he would e-mail me, no e-mail. I mean...wtf dude!

Hell, email him a link to this post. I know what you're saying though. The SP thing is kinda part time for him, and to be honest, he could focus more on it. Things like this wouldn't happen. They seemed to have a very laid back atmosphere there when I visited.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:24 AM
if i were you....and this is just me and my teach the world a lesson attitutde...i would cancel the charges on the card. maybe next time he'll think twice about customer service. i dont even think he had the tracking number, sounds like typical stall tactic ive done this dance too many times before
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:51 AM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
if i were you....and this is just me and my teach the world a lesson attitutde...i would cancel the charges on the card. maybe next time he'll think twice about customer service. i dont even think he had the tracking number, sounds like typical stall tactic ive done this dance too many times before

I dunno man, its a little too late for that now, I just want my BAT kit here thats all. I bought a MAF through them before and the same thing happened, not in stock and had to be ordered from BAT directly.....all in all I just want my BAT kit here by monday, if not, I better get $41 back
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 06:57 AM
I better get $41 back

that is a cheap suspension.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 07:04 AM
hell yeah. i got property in Malibu for sale for only $3500 if youre interested right on the beach...
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 12:58 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:

I dunno man, its a little too late for that now, I just want my BAT kit here thats all. I bought a MAF through them before and the same thing happened, not in stock and had to be ordered from BAT directly.....all in all I just want my BAT kit here by monday, if not, I better get $41 back

first I haven't had a problem with SP but I never had to deal with them directly

with that anything BAT I beleive is shipped right from BAT. when I ordered my OMP FSTB it came from BAT
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I better get $41 back

that is a cheap suspension.

Thats for shippping.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 03:00 PM
why not order directly from BAT?
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 03:13 PM
When I ordered my clutch from them the transaction went about the same way as what you describe. I wasnt in a hurry because I was still taking the car apart, but all of the sudden I realised that it should have been here a long time ago. I gave them a call, he was in the shop and said he would call me back with more info in about an hour.

An hour later he called me back, told me how SPEC had moved and forgot to tell them. The clutch got drop shipped from SPEC and was here, IIRC, the next day. I think I ran the UPS tracking number and it didnt show up as being an overnight shipment. No hard feelings from me, Id deal with them again.

FWIW, I have a BAT kit sitting by the computer.
Posted By: rollingstash_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 03:18 PM
I had almost the exact same experience with SP when I ordered my springs and struts. I've just come to expect their shipping to be unreliable.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't had any better luck ordering direct from BAT! Good product and good prices though.
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 03:21 PM
I hate it when you take days off from work or school to do mods to your ride, and then somethin ends up goin wrong...whether its with the shipping, backorders, out-of-stock, etc...I hate it!
Posted By: alex_96GL_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 04:03 PM
Had exact same story happening to me. Joe was moving to MI back then, and understandably had a hard time taking care of all things which tend to go wrong at a time like that.

Ended up calling BAT directly and told them what happened. They gave me the tracking number for the order. You might want to do the same because w/ BAT kit Joe really has no control over the process.

BTW, the reason I went w/ SP rather than BAT was that funny as this may sound in this thread, Joe is taking care of his customers and I felt that supporting his business is a good thing for the community.

good luck
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 04:17 PM
Originally posted by GetLucky151:
I hate it when you take days off from work or school to do mods to your ride, and then somethin ends up goin wrong...whether its with the shipping, backorders, out-of-stock, etc...I hate it!

omg I BETTER get it Monday

otherwise it goes on in May then
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 04:30 PM
I had quite sometime getting my water pump from Joe a little while ago, as it's been said he's a good gy, but there shipping reliability just seems to be horrible. I guess whenever you order anything from SP don't get your hopes up of getting it in time.

Hope it goes alright.

~Alex
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 08:23 PM
sorry, but my feelings are that you should never have taken the day off until you actually received the items.
There are some things you just can't anticipate, so it's safest to just do one thing at a time.

I would absolutely not try to get my money back for the shipping. Things happen and they're nobody's fault.
Joe shouldn't be punished for something that's out of his hands.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 08:30 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

I would absolutely not try to get my money back for the shipping. Things happen and they're nobody's fault.
Joe shouldn't be punished for something that's out of his hands.

I understand, what I am upset about is that he told me he would contact me an all, never did, I still dont have the dammn tracking number that he has promised me he would e-mail it/call me about it. I mean this is pretty crappy customer satisfaction. There was obviously a reason I went with SP and not BAT or CTA directly. I dont really think he gets that idea

I'm not in anyway furious, just a little upset that even when I buy stuff from ebay, those guys have a better customer service then SP to be honest.
Posted By: RT and his SE_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 09:35 PM
Sounds like a common problem with this place, anybody else see it or should we just keep cutting them some slack.
I've dealt with CTA a couple of times and never had a problem. Chris was (maybe still is) a contributing CEG member (brownie points).
In my book you don't reward bad customer service by giving a company more business.
Posted By: idahosvtc Re: SP Motorsports - 03/26/05 10:50 PM
the issue of him not getting back to you sounds pretty standard. i had the same issue with lets see....... my BAT kit, my ford racing wires, my strut bar, my sway bar, the list goes on. i got everything i ordered but he never once contacted me like he said he would.joe is a nice guy and will fix any problem. he just needs to stop promising to get in touch with people it sounds like.
Posted By: Red92784 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/27/05 05:30 AM
Joe is a great guy. He even gave me his cell number and told me to call him directly anytime I needed something from him. I have never had a problem ordering things from him. The last time I ordered from him he got back to me the next day and said he was out of stock but he got a speedshop in VA to overnight me the part from there inventory and he took the bullet for me. Anyone that will take a loss to get me a product on time as promised is A+ in my book. Even if I do have a problem with him in the future, my past experience with him will be enough to make me want to do buisness with him again.

Just my .02
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/27/05 05:36 AM
Im not judging anything. I know he is a good guy, but one should step up to what they say
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/27/05 07:12 AM
I have never had a problem with SP motorsports, and they have been pretty good with shipping. I ordered Magnecor wires and BAT rear sway bar bushings. One of the items was backordered. He express mailed the delayed item so I would get them both at the same expected time.

I know how you feel. I ordered MSDS header and let MSDS know exactly when I needed them with plenty of time for them to plan accordingly. I was willing to pay whatever it took to get them shipped by the day I specified and they screwed up. I got my headers late and was unable to install them at a NECEG meet. They are still in a box since November 04. They won't get installed until the NE spring meet.
Posted By: DopePope Re: SP Motorsports - 03/27/05 09:01 AM
I've had good and bad with SP. bad was some injectors i ordered... after i got them in the package from a dealership in TX i realized I could have just gone to the dealership and probably got them for the same price minus shipping, when i noticed they were the wrong injectors i emailed him a couple times and got no response... now maybe something happened inbetween me hitting send and his email server getting it but w/e. all places have their problems, but i can definatly see where you are coming from. there are a lot of appologists on this site for him and some others and some rightly so, hes been great to me many times and to others many times, but like most people he isn't perfect and SP could use some improvements.

thats my .02 and a rant all rolled into one. wheee
Posted By: Pre98 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/27/05 10:46 AM
I've made multiple prucahses from SP, Goonz. If something ever went wrong, even in the slightest way, it was corrected.
Posted By: bohdi Re: SP Motorsports - 03/27/05 04:22 PM
I ordered my shocks/springs directly from BAT...and I had 'em in <1 week...

Posted By: Kessen Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 12:37 AM
can someone link me to SP?just wanted to check it out
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Kessen:
can someone link me to SP?just wanted to check it out

SP motorsports
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 03:13 AM
Well, I have been very frustrated with the process of buying things through him (though to be fair, it was always a BAT item that I had problems with.

Joe's very nice and personable... and he relays the explanations he gets to you. However, at the end of the day, I don't think he rides the process hard enough to get it done.

I still can remember the rear sway bar that was 4 1/2 months late, supposedly because the production was delayed that long... and they put up with it.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 05:15 AM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
I had quite sometime getting my water pump from Joe a little while ago, as it's been said he's a good gy, but there shipping reliability just seems to be horrible. I guess whenever you order anything from SP don't get your hopes up of getting it in time.

Hope it goes alright.

~Alex

I second that! It took forever and a day to get by strut tower bar!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 06:43 AM
Joe is a good guy but I believe he has to work on some good customer relations to keep his customers happy cause right now I'm not and come monday if I dont see BAT, I'm gonna go midevil on someone..
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 01:26 PM
Joe has probably one of the best customer service reputations out there in the Contour community. And being he most likely was having the item drop shipped from BAT, then you add another person to the equation. Maybe it was or is on back order from BAT? There are lots of circumstances in something like this. If things are on a 'timeline' then my advice is to go straight to the source for the part. With that said, you should always plan AFTER your recieve a part and not rely on getting the parts on time. Over the years I've seen way too many pissed off people because of this....

With that said, Joe is a standup guy and runs a very good business. he wouldn't stay in business and expand his vehicle line up otherwise.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 01:35 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Joe has probably one of the best customer service reputations out there in the Contour community. And being he most likely was having the item drop shipped from BAT, then you add another person to the equation. Maybe it was or is on back order from BAT?

"he said that BAT had sent him the tracking number and he will e-mail it to me as soon as he gets back from the post office."

Nope, that ain't it.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 01:39 PM
Still, [censored] happens.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Joe has probably one of the best customer service reputations out there in the Contour community. And being he most likely was having the item drop shipped from BAT, then you add another person to the equation. Maybe it was or is on back order from BAT?

"he said that BAT had sent him the tracking number and he will e-mail it to me as soon as he gets back from the post office."

Nope, that ain't it.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 02:26 PM
Goonz, maybe you can have this conversation with Joe, when he comes down to Spring Zing! I think the main problem is BAT's shipping. You might try emailing Joe and asking for the tracking #. Ive been dealing with him through email for the last couple of months for Spring Zing. He's not only sponsoring the event by donating a performance meter, but is also throwing in 12 t-shirts and is coming down to meet everyone personally. I think this says a lot about his relationship with the Contour community. Sorry things didn't work out for you, but taking a day off of school isn't exactly the best idea when you don't have the parts in hand. And besides, that's what the weekend is for anyways! Good luck with getting your parts.

Mark
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 02:50 PM
I just ordered a bunch of poly bushings from SP.
I always remember everytime I was going to order somehting from BAT it was either backordered or discontinued. I've had excellent luck with both BAT and SP though.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 02:57 PM
Just ordered a MAF adapter from SP. Joe emailed me letting me know that they are out and there will be a little delay getting them from BAT down in florida.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 04:50 PM
Still, [censored] happens.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Nope, that ain't it.

yea but Joe isn't letting me know anything lately, I have no idea where my shipment is, I e-mailed hi several times asking for tracking number. This by far I hate to say will the last thing I EVER get from SP..sorry..
Posted By: The Davis Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 08:08 PM
If you don't see it by your deadline date (the day you planned to install it) or know what's up with the order, then call your bank if you used a card to pay. Make sure you have all your details ready for the Rep when they take your call.

They'll give you temp credit for the transaction and most likely attempt to run a chargeback against SP. If you still don't have your order, it will likely move it up the list of priorities for SP. They'll either get your part to you or go ahead and allow your money to be refunded.

If SP gets it to you or refunds you while the claim is open, make sure you call the bank and tell them you and the merchant came to a resolution.

It may seem harsh to do this, especially to those that know Joe personally, but business is business and a company should be prepared to deal with circumstances such as this. Blowing people off (or making it so the customer feels that they're being blown off) is bad practice and tends to contribute to a lack of trust.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/28/05 09:18 PM
you are right, business is business. you should get some info regarding your transaction and if you dont, you are more than entitled to do what it takes to get a refund or your product.

i, however, have had a different experiance with joe. ive ordered a few things from him now, and havent had a problem. bat screwed up one order i had. it was ordered through SP, got a FSB instead of a RSB. bats supplier of RSB no longer is making them, so i just kept the front one. not joes fault cause the invoice says rear, i just got one for the front. he was going to cut me a deal on the rear one since my order was screwed up and it would cost him money for me to return mine anyway. he always responds to my emails quickly as well.

im sorry your experiance with SP hasnt been better b/c i would hate to see one of our few parts suppliers go the way of SHO shop.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/29/05 12:00 AM
well I got a hold of Joe again. He told me the samee, "I have the tracking number here somwhere..let me give you a call back.." I was like ok, to my amazement he called back 10 min later. Got the number, went online to UPS. The package was shipped out this past friday. I should be getting it Wednesday. My day today went to waste and I am very pissed about it. But then again as you all said, $hit happens. Guess I'm gonna hafta try to take saturday off now

very dissapointed with my business with SP
Posted By: RawBurt Re: SP Motorsports - 03/29/05 06:36 PM
Ehh, got my MAF adapter today from them. I ordered it friday and they were out of stock, so they sent one up from florida. Quick shipping if ya ask me, still too expensive for that damn thing!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SP Motorsports - 03/29/05 07:04 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Ehh, got my MAF adapter today from them. I ordered it friday and they were out of stock, so they sent one up from florida. Quick shipping if ya ask me, still too expensive for that damn thing!

www.duratecperformance.com sells MAF Adapters for ~$20.00.

Mark
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: SP Motorsports - 03/29/05 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by RawBurt:

www.duratecperformance.com sells MAF Adapters for ~$20.00.

Mark

Where? Cheapest I can find is $30. Also, it appears as if they got bought out by Draxas Performance

http://store.draxas.com/browse_products.asp?Cat=3&Sub=15
© CEG Archives