Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: R_G HVAC overlays - 11/25/03 06:07 AM
OK, just installed the blue/green procarparts.com overlays - looks hot. Now, the procarparts.com don't carry HVAC, so I ordered it from importintelligence.com and all I got was -

A DAYM STICKER! like just the vinyl sticker that is supposed to be placed on HVAC. Now, not only it looks like crap, but think about stock green light mixing with the blue color of the sticker (the one I ordered) - yuk.

Now, the question: do you know any vendors who carry real Elglow HVAC for tours? TNX.

The GB - 43 pages and something weird is going on there, so I prefer just to get mine in a normal way...
Posted By: BURNTU2_dup1 Re: HVAC overlays - 11/25/03 08:47 AM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:

The GB - 43 pages and something weird is going on there, so I prefer just to get mine in a normal way...

I agree with that.
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 11/25/03 05:49 PM
ElGlow HVACs? Chattavegas? Kremit, SVT Pete? Anybody?
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: HVAC overlays - 11/25/03 08:38 PM
I know bnoon doesn't sell his anymore, but u might wanna pm cardoc over at FCO, i think he took over the indiglo stuff. I dunno if he has any HVAC panels left, but its worth a shot.

If all else fails, i think u might be able to scrub the green material off of the back of the HVAC panel, and possibly use ble LEDs back there.
Posted By: outkast Re: HVAC overlays - 11/25/03 09:09 PM
I have the sticker style in my 98 and it looks good!
I have the set you want in 96 and it looks good!
bought it from Ebay......
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HVAC overlays - 11/25/03 10:11 PM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
ElGlow HVACs? Chattavegas? Kremit, SVT Pete? Anybody?

Timmmmmmmmmyyy!!!!
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: HVAC overlays - 11/26/03 12:48 AM
Does anyone know the best way to install these? In means of what is the best way to remove the knobs and what is the best way to clean the surface and keep the sticker on. Thank you

-Jeff-
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 11/26/03 01:19 AM
Originally posted by amarv12:
I know bnoon doesn't sell his anymore, but u might wanna pm cardoc over at FCO, i think he took over the indiglo stuff. I dunno if he has any HVAC panels left, but its worth a shot.

If all else fails, i think u might be able to scrub the green material off of the back of the HVAC panel, and possibly use ble LEDs back there.

Yeah, lemme try to search FCO. E-bay doesn't offer none for now.
Posted By: Lonely_soul82_dup1 Re: HVAC overlays - 11/26/03 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:
Does anyone know the best way to install these? In means of what is the best way to remove the knobs and what is the best way to clean the surface and keep the sticker on. Thank you

-Jeff-

Knobs - A nice little tug = removal of knobs.
Two screws and some little poppys hold that big black trim cover on.

Use Rubbing alchohol, it works everytime!!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: HVAC overlays - 11/26/03 06:25 AM
if its not a sticker, what were u expecting?

the original piece is just a sticker so how exactly would you make it n indiglo HVAC? how is the new one being mixed with green?
Posted By: nelgee Re: HVAC overlays - 11/26/03 07:15 PM
just wait until the makers of the g.b. hvacs are finished. they'll be sittin' around saying "what the heck are we gonna do w/ these templates?" and soon enough they'll start selling on ebay, procarparts and the like.
Posted By: ibjamn Re: HVAC overlays - 11/26/03 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:

-Jeff-

Jeff, get ahold of me, I can help you with those..
Rusty
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 11/27/03 02:26 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
if its not a sticker, what were u expecting?

the original piece is just a sticker so how exactly would you make it n indiglo HVAC? how is the new one being mixed with green?

Wait a minute. The original OEM piece is a piece of plastic with some lighting inside and/or some green markings. So, if we put the sticker on - then the sticker's own color, blue or what have you, would mix with the original lighting, right?

Now, from the pic I saw on the GB I understood that their HVAC was kinda of the same contraption used in overlays, with some green/blue switch, etc. You lost me...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: HVAC overlays - 11/27/03 08:43 AM
??? the HVAC is just some plastic or whatever the hell material stuck on a piece of clear glass or whatever it is.

Are u saying the sticker goes on top of the original HVAC or did you remove that and stick it on the clear glass? If you removed it, how did it mix with green & blue?
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 11/27/03 05:33 PM
Are you saying that the black/markings/knobs black plasticky HVAC panel rest on CLEAR GLASS? Ooops, ma bad then! I been trying to put it atop.

...but, listen up, if what are you saying that the aftermarket HVAC is always a sticker - how come the GB ones are white during the day and blue (or whatever) when the lights are on? Then it means the LEDs must be installed as well - behind the "clear glass" panel - and no one ever mentioned LEDs in the GP????
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: HVAC overlays - 11/28/03 01:30 AM
I'm pretty sure those in the GB are indiglo just like gauge overlays would be. Which would have to be glued/taped down unless they come with a self adhesive, but they wouldn't need LEDs, but they would need to be wired into headlight switch or other 12v source.
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 11/28/03 06:25 AM
Exactly - I need this kind of HVACs...
Posted By: IonNinja Re: HVAC overlays - 11/28/03 08:30 AM
hahaha...ok so there is two different ones.

I was assuming that the HVAC was a sticker-like thing because the stock one is. And yes, if u lift up ur stock HVAC, its clear underneath and the bulbs are white

the color is on the thing itself...

but whats wrong with the sticker? Does it just suck or what?
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 11/28/03 07:28 PM
It does suck, the color has nothing to do with the one displayed in their on-line catalogue, and as I said I wanted ones that would be changing colors based on lights on lights off...
Posted By: SVT power_dup1 Re: HVAC overlays - 12/01/03 02:49 PM
Got mine off ebay!
Posted By: topgunz_1_dup1 Re: HVAC overlays - 12/01/03 08:14 PM
I got the one from import intelligence...what were you expecting for like 10 bucks?
Posted By: outkast Re: HVAC overlays - 12/01/03 11:18 PM
yes ebay is the place to go!!and if you look under
mercury mystique you,ll find chrome or aluminum face
covers for the speedo too
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 12/02/03 12:49 AM
Originally posted by topgunz_1:
I got the one from import intelligence...what were you expecting for like 10 bucks?

Well, first it was like 20, not 10, they got the cheapest ones starting from $15, and I did expect something AT LEAST of the same quality as the www.procarparts.com overlays that are priced $23....
Posted By: kuropis Re: HVAC overlays - 12/03/03 12:36 AM
Originally posted by amarv12:

Pretty sure Cardoc doesnt have any left since I just snagged his last set.
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 12/03/03 04:14 AM
Originally posted by flummox:
Pretty sure Cardoc doesnt have any left since I just snagged his last set.

daym
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: HVAC overlays - 12/05/03 07:11 AM
cardoc can get more but only in sets of 25 i believe. he'd need that many interested parties.
Posted By: R_G Re: HVAC overlays - 12/05/03 10:13 AM
He just answered me that nothing is left, then I axed about the future plans, but didn't get an answer...
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: HVAC overlays - 12/15/03 03:23 AM
does anyone no where to get the indiglo HVAC overlays? Thanks

-Jeff-

Does anyone know where I can get some indiglo HVAC overlays? Thank you

-Jeff-
Posted By: R_G Re: Indiglo HVAC overlays??? where can I get em? - 12/18/03 01:25 AM
That's what I been axing for several weeks now. No response...
© CEG Archives