Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: liquidX Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 02:12 PM
I have been running a Ractive "fighter jet style" shift knob all this time, and although my hand has found it's way to learn the grooves on the knob, my conclusion is that this knob is used for armrested shift consoles such as the Mitsubishi Eclipse or the Toyota Supra.

In an effort to achieve maximum comfort, I have invested in a brand new Momo Sphere shifter. I am looking forward to the increased comfort of a spherical type shifter that is designed to be properly weighted and balanced to do the job flawlessly.

The units usually go for about $125.99 but I picked mines up for $80 bucks shipped off of eBay. Now I just have to guess the color before it ships. What should I go with?

What model should I buy?

Fully Aluminum With Chrome

Aluminum/Black Two-Tone

Black Leather Two-Tone

I will spit out my selection by the end of the day.

Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 02:13 PM
Black Leather Two-Tone
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 02:43 PM
None of them. Get a MOMO Race Air Leather.

Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 03:09 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Black Leather Two-Tone

That's beautiful.

I had a Momo hardwood knob in my Integra way back when. LOVED it.
Posted By: really BIG fuzzy Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 04:24 PM
aluminum two tone and aluminum chrome will freeze ur [censored] off in the winter and scorch ur hand in the summer!

definitely go with the leather one
Posted By: JB1 Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 04:27 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Black Leather Two-Tone

Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 04:32 PM
I have the MOMO Race Air Leather knob in my car, love the looks but it's still hot as he-double hockey sticks in the summer. Luckily, the human body conducts heat quite nicely and the knob cools off after a minute or so
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 04:49 PM
Get the leather. The all aluminum is cool, but sucks in extreme weather. Don't get your hopes up on momo knobs being wieghted. I think they are too light. The B&M short shifter knob is in my opinion the perfect weight.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 09:55 PM
I got the leather! Will post pics when the handbrake is fixed and my console is back together .

XL
Posted By: irda Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/15/05 11:01 PM
good you got the leather.
the chrome starts to come off after a while. not like the durable chrome we have on our front ovals.. so it won't be as noticeable on the leather.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/16/05 12:55 AM
ive had a few Momos in my time. the Momos with the little circular Momo cap on the top loses them after awhile. i tried supergluing them back on and theyd stick for awhile just to come off again. kinda sucks for $100 shift knob. i had the air race leather and loved it, besides the cap coming off every few months. the leather seems to get "grimey" (for lack of a better word) after a year or so and i couldnt get it cleaned right. the size is perfect though and id love to get another one.
i have an all aluminum ball which is very nice, except for the top cap coming off, and when it is hot out here that thing is HOT! and freezing in winter. maybe we can get a GB on some CEG shift knob "cozys"
Posted By: liquidX Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/16/05 03:43 AM
Originally posted by svt4stv:
ive had a few Momos in my time. the Momos with the little circular Momo cap on the top loses them after awhile. i tried supergluing them back on and theyd stick for awhile just to come off again. kinda sucks for $100 shift knob. i had the air race leather and loved it, besides the cap coming off every few months. the leather seems to get "grimey" (for lack of a better word) after a year or so and i couldnt get it cleaned right. the size is perfect though and id love to get another one.
i have an all aluminum ball which is very nice, except for the top cap coming off, and when it is hot out here that thing is HOT! and freezing in winter. maybe we can get a GB on some CEG shift knob "cozys"

I definitely hope I have better luck with my Leather Sphere!

XL
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/16/05 03:46 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
None of them. Get a MOMO Race Air Leather.

I second that

Posted By: 96mercury Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/16/05 08:20 AM
Wieghted and balanced? Even if they are, thats a lot a money to pay for a shift knob!!!
Posted By: carraudio Re: Momo Sphere Shift Knob - 03/16/05 02:51 PM
I like the way my shift fits my hand.

I also got the boot for it too.
© CEG Archives