Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 12:34 PM
Yesterday I decided to put the summers back on and all I can say is . Now I have to pray for no accumulation of snow or I'll be in trouble .
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 01:37 PM
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Yesterday I decided to put the summers back on and all I can say is . Now I have to pray for no accumulation of snow or I'll be in trouble .

Now you've done it. You've cursed us all.

Actually I'm going to pick up my summers today. ROAD TRIP.
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 02:19 PM
I got mine put on yesterday.

Michelin Harmony which I think will be a very, very average tyre.

Out of interest, how much does it usually cost for tire change if you don't have seperate rims. I ended up paying $100 (inc tax) yesterday for my 4 to be swapped over, and oil change too ... I looked at the invoice and it struck me I never knew if it was good or not.

Posted By: chongo Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 02:43 PM
I was thinking about doing mine yesturday too, but never got the chance.
Wouldn't matter if it snowed for me as I have Michellin PA Sport/AS on them....
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Christian:
I got mine put on yesterday.

Michelin Harmony which I think will be a very, very average tyre.

Out of interest, how much does it usually cost for tire change if you don't have seperate rims. I ended up paying $100 (inc tax) yesterday for my 4 to be swapped over, and oil change too ... I looked at the invoice and it struck me I never knew if it was good or not.

I don't think that is too bad. I did mine last December and it cost $65 taxes in but they hoisted the car by the side skirts. Won't go back there and they were a lower price then my local Ford dealership @ $80 plus tax.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 05:19 PM
you all suck, I can't do it till MAY! cuz I cannot afford to buy a new tire till then
Posted By: bigerik Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 07:34 PM
Now you guys have me REALLY tempted. I was gonna hold off for another week or two, but....
Erik
Posted By: chongo Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 09:22 PM
Got a full pack of smokes!
16's are on!
91 in the tank!
Diablo Engaged!

HIT IT!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Chris@CTA Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/19/05 11:12 PM
I can't wait to even just move the cars out of the garage.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 12:03 AM
I'm looking at some white stuff on the ground now...thanks Rob

My summers will be going on in about a month. I'm running my winters into the ground. Then it may be a Toyo year.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 12:26 AM
Got my new Summers. 759km's round trip. Plan to put them on in the next week or so.
Posted By: dutchie_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 12:55 AM
Glad to see you made it home ok Mark .

Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 01:32 AM
Originally posted by dutchie:

Thanks again Richard. Didn't quite make it to Napanee. Only Kingston. 550kms. Took 47 liters to refill. Maybe I should have drove the Mystake. Might have just made it on one tank.
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 03:36 AM
No summers for me just yet. Way toooo early. Maybe early April.
Posted By: bigerik Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 06:08 AM
Originally posted by mbb41:

Thanks again Richard. Didn't quite make it to Napanee. Only Kingston. 550kms. Took 47 liters to refill. Maybe I should have drove the Mystake. Might have just made it on one tank.

One tank....
And MANY gallons of antifreeze.
Erik
Posted By: Paul tate Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 02:38 PM
Have you guys looked out side today ........I hate to be the bera of bad news but it looks to be like an inch of snow out there.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 03:12 PM
Originally posted by bigerik:

And MANY gallons of antifreeze.
Erik

Actually it is sealed up at the moment. Knock on wood. Wheel bearing on the other hand sounds a little rough. That is why I didn't take it yesterday.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Paul Tait:
Have you guys looked out side today ........I hate to be the bera of bad news but it looks to be like an inch of snow out there.

Not much snow here and I don't anticipate any accumulation for the rest of the year. It may snow a bit a night and then melt during the day, I can drive in that. The Blizzaks start to wear really fast above 5*C.
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/20/05 05:02 PM
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Originally posted by Paul Tait:

Not much snow here and I don't anticipate any accumulation for the rest of the year. It may snow a bit a night and then melt during the day, I can drive in that. The Blizzaks start to wear really fast above 5*C.

We got a light dusting...probably 2 cm at the most. At least the freezing rain warning has come off.
Posted By: dutchie_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/21/05 01:52 AM

Kingston isn't bad. The 91 octane prices lately are a killer...
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/23/05 04:24 AM
i think ill laugh when you guys with the summers on are skidding all over the place. LMAO! Another month at least for me, but than again i live up in the booonies
Posted By: weasel Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/23/05 04:27 AM
Got my summer shoes on today too !! In the next day or two the Getta is getting is brand new summer rubber on. Then to decide what to take to London ...
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/23/05 03:58 PM
I will still give it a bit of time, or as long as I can actually wait. At least till the end of the month then I wlil decide depending on what the weather is doing
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/23/05 05:06 PM
Originally posted by lauraq:
I will still give it a bit of time, or as long as I can actually wait. At least till the end of the month then I wlil decide depending on what the weather is doing

I was going to wait too, but the temps were just killing my snows and I was spinning lots.
I have a good feeling about this year though, think it will stay warmer longer *prays* Anyways I could just feel my snows being worn down as I corner so I decided to pull them now and get another year out of them
Posted By: GapBoyPCS_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/24/05 03:15 AM
I see snow again

Hopefully this will be a quiet end to the snow...but then that means I have to lay out the cash for summers.

The joys/pains.
Posted By: lauraq_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/28/05 02:16 AM
Well I gave in today and put the summer rubber on. I just couldn't stand it any more. What a difference. You really forget how the car feels with them after the winter months. Now No more snow.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/28/05 02:20 AM
[jealous]You guys make me sick.... My car won't be out for AT LEAST another month... The roads are still covered with salt and snow is still pilled up all over the place.... [/jealous]

Take one through the twisties for me!
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/28/05 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Bridge:
[jealous]You guys make me sick.... My car won't be out for AT LEAST another month... The roads are still covered with salt and snow is still pilled up all over the place.... [/jealous]

Take one through the twisties for me!

Hey der by, will do brother
Posted By: BrianW Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/28/05 12:04 PM
I put mine on yesterday. Much quieter ride now!
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Summer Rubber Returns! - 03/28/05 12:17 PM
Originally posted by BrianW:
I put mine on yesterday. Much quieter ride now!

Funny my summers (Eagle F1 GD-3) are noiser than my winters (Blizzak WS-50).
© CEG Archives