Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
As some of you may have read, FrenchblueC2 and Cobra R are going to be in town for the Chiefs/Steelers game. I thought a good BBQ restauraunt was in order and the first to come to mind is Jackstack in Martin City. We are thinking Saturday night maybe 6 or 7, but if we are going to have a big group, maybe we can get a table reserved.

So lets get a head count going.

I'll get an address up as we get closer, and you can Mapquest it as needed for directions.

I'll ne the first!
as long as SE's are invited then im in, i just need some directions or something, i have no idea how to get there.
Of course, we don't care what kind of COntour/ Mystique you have. The more the merrier!
cool, i will be there. i got my exhuast put on, but it looks crazy because they are just sticking out the back. i'll try to have them covored so i dont make yall look bad.
i'd go...but i'm 16 and my parents will be out of town....
...lemee re-cap:
saturday night
+
parents out of town
=

haha jk though, i won't be doin anything THAT bad, but hope ya'll have fun, wish i could meet a couple more people around here w/ 'tours...some other time though, huh?
Well, I don't know any of you....yet....but I'm in. I pulled this up:

Fiorella's Jack Stack World Class
13418 Charlotte Street
Kansas City, MO 64146

Jack Stack

Is this the right one?

Anyways, I'm in. I'll be in the Green GL with my pimpin' Wally World wheel covers (yeah, yeah, I know.....).

-Jonathan
That would be the one!

Thanks for getting that up for me, I just haven't had a chance lately with school starting.

Who else is in?
Im definately in, its cool if i bring my wife right?
Yea, can I bring my fiance? I guess I never thought to ask - figured it'd be ok. Assuming she's up for a little drive.

-Jonathan
Of course all spouses/ signifigant others are welcome, just warn them that we will talk about cars alot and they might get bored, but if there is more than 1, then they can make fun of us all!
lol, thats funny my wife said that she would just sit there, drink beer and make fun of me!! you nailed that one the head.
Yeah, my Girlfrined doesn't understand my car obsession either, so I'm used to it! I don't know if she'll be coming or not though.

But as long as there is more than 1, then that'll definately help!
definitely the more the merrier.
I'm glad to see that you will all be able to make it.
I'm excited

perhaps when your girls see that there are couples out there who are both enthusiastic about the 'tour, they may become a little more interested in your car and CEG. who knows right?
excelent idea!!! im looking forward to meeting you all.
Originally posted by Eric L:
Yeah, my Girlfrined doesn't understand my car obsession either, so I'm used to it! I don't know if she'll be coming or not though.

But as long as there is more than 1, then that'll definately help!

Dude, you got a girlfriend? When did this happen? I thought you only spend money on you car and lotion...
LMAO
When is septemebr?
Actually, Eric, all, the motor club that I'm affiliated with (Group 1 KC) is having a big-ass "last cruise of the summer" thing. It starts off at Shawnee Mission Park where we're going to have a lil mini show, hand out trophies, etc, and we move to all sorts of places, end up in North KC I believe. We're expecting a ton of people. We're currently handing out fliers and I think we're gonna hand out around 10,000. I have a ton in my car right now, I'll try to get the info up on here pretty soon, but you all might be interested in that. It'd be nice to show them that some contours are real badass. I can give 'em a looksy into what mine might look like here pretty soon So yeah I'll be the only contour in the group, as they are mainly an import group, but accept domestics as well. I'd love it if you guys at least met up with us at some point during the night.

P.S. If I recall correctly, which I'm rather sure I do, Group 1 was at USACi last year, or whenever it was when I went with you all, Eric, Johnny, etc. I didn't know who they were then though so I didn't really visit 'em, but yeah. It's cool to see a motor club that's actually active in showing, etc. Since I've been hanging out with them they've been to numerous shows, St.Louis for NOPI (i went with), Dallas, Denver, Chicago later this year, etc. I think you guys would like 'em and vice versa.
I told my fiance that a bunch of us Contour owners were gonna get together and eat BBQ and talk about cars, and asked if her she wanted to come. She goes "Are they gonna get mad I drive a Corolla?". Classic, eh? Anyways, I told her that there were gonna be some significant others there who weren't as into the car scene as all of us. She said "That's good, so the rest of us normal people can sit in the corner, and attempt to understand the *true* meaning of horsepower?". I tell her "Yea! And eat cow while doing it!". I think she's excited.

-Jonathan
Wow, this is really tuning out to be something pretty big! I'm really looking forward to it. Too, bad this week is going to drag now!
any input on the day of the game as far as traffic?
Anyone ever been to a football game there?
major congestion that I should know about?
Coming from Independence shouldn't be too bad. Tailgating is a big thing here, so there will be grilles and people drinking in the lot by 8am!

And you have a rental car, so not to worry about your personal cars in the lot. It might be worth while to get the extra insurance though!
Eric, what do you think about tagging along with us on the cruise?
This thread should be called KC people awake.....

I've been checking these boards for a KC meet and struck out so I stopped checking until I saw it on the forum list.

You can pencil Matt and I in, but with all this boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee talk going on, I don't want anyone to get any ideas.
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
any input on the day of the game as far as traffic?
Anyone ever been to a football game there?
major congestion that I should know about?

I been to the games there and traffic going in isn't bad, but leaving..DAMN.. Other than that, kick off is @ 12:00pm, I think you should get there @ least 3hrs early before the game starts. It'll give you some good lead time. Oh yeah don't leave anything out in plain sight in the car. I suggest put everything in the trunk. Have fun.... By the way Arrowhead Stadium is the 1 of the most loudest open air stadiums in the country...... You'll like their version of the national anthem......
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:

You can pencil Matt and I in

Matt, as in SpeedDemon?
will he be bringing his ride? (fingers crossed)

jonnyfive, thanks for the tips!
Has anybody decided what time for sure this thing is going to happen?

-Jonathan
I'm up for any time after 4.
What's best for everyone else?
After 4 sounds good.
And the tip was free..... with no problems..... your welcome...
Shall we shoot for 6pm? Still some daylight left to admire cars, then eat and do whatever after that?
lets get a set time because i have no idea how to get there so i need to leave a bit early and i want to be on time. after 4 sounds good, if we get close to 6 it will start to get dark wont it?
Originally posted by calisport:
after 4 sounds good, if we get close to 6 it will start to get dark wont it?

It doesn't get really dark until 9 or so. I would vote for 6ish as well.

-Jonathan
I like 6.
our headcount is getting up there.
Do they allow call-ahead seating/reservations?
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:

You can pencil Matt and I in

Matt, as in SpeedDemon?
will he be bringing his ride? (fingers crossed)

jonnyfive, thanks for the tips!

yep, i'll be there, ride n all... got my new wheels today too!
I'll call and see if they reserve for large groups, but I probably need a pretty precise head count by tomorrow morning before I leave for work so I can call them in the afternoon.

I've found that for the KC group, the little impromptu meets turn out better than the heavily planned ones.
Wish I could come. Sounds fun.
Originally posted by Eric L:
I probably need a pretty precise head count

Count in 2 for me.

-Jonathan
i am definately their count me for 2 people (me and my wife)
Eric, can we get a time pweeeeeeeeeeeeeaaasseee?????
Since no one else has mentioned any times and seems for the post part to agree with 6 pm, let make it 6pm, coo?
Sounds good. Can we get an address now too??
psst, it was already posted
Originally posted by BlackSativa:

Fiorella's Jack Stack World Class
13418 Charlotte Street
Kansas City, MO 64146

psssstt......thanks
I can't believe it, a meet 15 blocks south of my house and I can't make it. I'm going to be out of town, but I wanted to show my car b/c it's for sale. I'm going to see if my roommate will run the car up there.

For those who don't know how to get to Jack Stack take 435 to Holmes and head South until you get 135th St, it's on the northeast corner of the intersection.
Would that be considered Martin City?
packing and waiting for our ride to the airport.
See you all tonight

Ok, so ya'll heard my car (Green '96, Zetec) about die as I pulled away tonight, and then not wanna give me any power. Now that ya'll have heard it, maybe I can give you the story and hopefully you can help me.

It threw a check engine light, had it pulled. Bank 1 too lean. I ran injector cleaner (two tanks) through it, as well as replaced the upstream O2 sensor. When I first start it up from cold, it runs like you guys heard. After it warms up some, it runs better, but still has absolutely no power. I physically cannot get it above 85 mph, EVER. At about 4k RPM it sounds like a rev limiter is kicking in, except rather than just dying briefly, it will drop back down to 1000RPM or so and stay there until I let off the throttle. Also, if I put it at WOT, it'll simply stall and die. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

Also, a few months ago I threw an EGR valve CEL, didn't have time to replace it right then, ran from Topeka to KC, and about half way there (Lawrence or so), the check engine light went out, and never had that particular problem since.

Thanks in advance-
-Jonathan
I wanna say it's a O2 sensor but you said you replaced it. As for the 4K drop to 1K that sounds like a govenor, but I didnt think it would be at 85 MPH. Do you have a OBDII scanner or are those 95's OBDI's?

It was nice meeting you by the way.
Sorry that I had to leave early, but we had a good time. I didn't get to meet everyone, my hands were full as you can tell. I hope that we could do it again soon.... PEACE.
i had to leave early as well, and i would like to appologize for that, but the baby sitter called and said she needed to leave so i had to go. it was awsome seeing the SVT's, that was the first time i had actually seen one up close. the only other time i had seen them was from a distance ceg and ebay. it was a cool experiance, hope to do it again soon. maybe ill be on time and be able to see the cars when there is still a little sun out.
We had an awesome turn out, leave it to the KC group and our last minute planning!

It was good to see everybody and meet a few of the new people that frequent the board, the weather kind of sucked, but, that KC for ya I guess.

The restauraunt turned out to be a good choice, they were very nice working with us and everything. I was very impressed with the service and I made it a point to tell the Manager this.

Hopefully it won't be as long to our next meet!
Yes, Eric I agree... You did a good job getting this one together.. mad props to you.
Hey, I couldn't have done it by myself!
I was stuck working, otherwise I would have been there representin the SHO

Eric I've determined to make my car fast enough to beat you. Damnit.
It was awesome meeting everyone. The weather did suck, but it could have been worse. Everyone had some nice and clean Contour's. You also had a great sense of humor and personalities on top of that. I did get some nice video of the group and think you will all get a kick out of it when I get it uploaded. The files may be huge but I will downgrade the quality.
Yeah I definitely had fun. And a stellar idea from Eric for the restaurant. It was good to see some of the people there in December, and to meet a few others. I hope it's less than 9 months until the next one.
Yeah it was coll seeing you all again and seeing some new faces. We definitely need to do this when it is not raining and maybe during the day so we can have more time to shoot the shi "shut your mouth". It was cool to see you all drive as far as you did just to hang.
Later
Originally posted by OutlawdSVT:
Yeah it was coll seeing you all again and seeing some new faces. We definitely need to do this when it is not raining and maybe during the day so we can have more time to shoot the shi "shut your mouth". It was cool to see you all drive as far as you did just to hang.
Later

Who are you?
We're home now. The entire trip was great. The weather for the rest of the weekend couldn't have been more perfect (too bad I forgot sunblock and got burnt on one side of my face at the game!)

we definitely had a great time meeting you folks.
thanks to all who came out, especially the long distance drivers.
I'll be posting the few pictures we took shortly.
Hopefully they came out ok despite the rain.
It was nice to meet everyone. There were some new faces and some old ones. Itâ??s always nice to meet new people. Iâ??m glad the weekend shaped up and the sun came out. That was one he!! of a game.

I am sure the biker's liked the weather too.......... All 5000 of them drove by my house for the "Biker for Babyâ??s" run. All I heard all day was rumble...rumble...rumble...
Very nice to meet everyone. Sweet to see some of the rides but sucked because of the weather. Next time we need a full day so when the long trippers dont just eat and hang. At least throw some kartin in there too.

*back to lurking*
So what are your thoughts on Aarowhead?

Glad the weather for the game turned out better, or shoudl I say near perfect. Sorry to see your Steelers start off good, then fall off hard. It still was probably an exciting game!
I got the pics uploaded if any of you are curious to see.
I had to delete some of the pics from Jackstack because the weather made them come out really crappy
The pictures seem to be in pretty random order, but I got some pics of the rental car and plane, some from the Plaza in KC (loved the fountains), tailgaters and stadium pics, and of course pics of your rides.
The harley plant wouldn't let us take pics except for in the lobby. zzz I can take pics like that down the street from my house at the dealership if I want, so I passed on that.

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=8651186/t_=4725287
login demersl at earthlink.net
(use @, no spaces)
pw NECEG

enjoy

btw, we LOVED Arrowhead. It wasn't as loud as we expected but I think that's because it's early in the season.
It was a fun game. Almost our entire row had steeler's fans, except for 2 people on each end. Most of them were real big guys, so we cheered freely and let the big guys take the heat from the hardcore Chief's fans.
The tailgating was amazing
it made me want to eat bbq all day long. The air was thick with flavor hehe. definitely yummy
DANG i need to read the forums more often i would've loved to have met up with everyone! OH WELL glad you all had fun! Maybe next time!!!
© CEG Archives