Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: cuda06 wish me luck and no break downs - 05/16/06 11:39 PM
Its a long trip and it starts tomorrow morning. Will there be any others from this region at SZ06?
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: wish me luck and no break downs - 05/16/06 11:53 PM
I wouldn't think anyone else is going since we can't even get people to a local meet! Quite frankly I was shocked to see anyone from SC was going.

Have fun and make sure you give us an update when you get back! Good luck with the drive!
Posted By: cuda06 Re: wish me luck and no break downs - 05/17/06 12:16 AM
I will definitly have a full update and would love to make it to a regional meet sometime if one can be arranged within a reasonable weekend distance for me. The one that is currently attempting to come to life would be right when I get back into town and would be just a little far to go for a weekend.
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: wish me luck and no break downs - 05/17/06 02:31 AM
I had loosely planned on going, but that fell through. Hopefully next year
Posted By: White99SE Re: wish me luck and no break downs - 05/17/06 12:35 PM
Originally posted by cuda06:
Its a long trip and it starts tomorrow morning. Will there be any others from this region at SZ06?

Have a safe trip! Have fun! I was also kinda surprised someone from this region was going. Be sure to represent SC well!

I went to SZ back in '04. It was fun, but there's no way I'd make the trip again by myself. We were supposed to have a caravan from OK, but everyone else backed out at the last minute.
man you long distance folks are putting us to shame!

have a safe trip. See you there!
Posted By: cuda06 Re: wish me luck and no break downs - 05/23/06 03:55 PM
Well, Michigan makes it that much further for me for next year but I'll see what I can do. I agree with the fact of not doing it by yourself, that would be insane. If I hadnt set up vacation around it there is no way that I would have been able to do it. I did have fun though and wouldnt mind going again.
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

I had no idea you were you until someone told me later.
Sorry I didn't come introduce myself and say hi.
I thought you were customers of Jim Bailey's when I saw you and your family at the show and shine.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: wish me luck and no break downs - 05/23/06 04:35 PM
Ya got pics to post w/ us poor saps that couldn't make it? I'd really like to go next year, so maybe we can get a caravan of sorts going.
Posted By: cuda06 Re: wish me luck and no break downs - 05/24/06 12:57 AM
Unfortunatly I have absolutly no pics because of a rush to get out the door on my part. We stayed in Elkhart and I did not realize that I left the camera on the chair until we were about 10 miles from Fort Wayne. We nearly turned around to get it but that would have been almost another 3 hours of driving before getting back. I even remembered the extra batteries but not the camera. So, I will just have to bum pics off the others that were there.

Also, if others from the area are interested in the trip for next year that would sure help for me to justify going the extra distance. Hopefully the csvt will go next year also instead of the gtp.
© CEG Archives