Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kokopellian Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 03:55 AM
I'm just saying, this chapter has to be the least active bunch on all of CEG, even the Canadians have us beat, Guh! Our chapter is DEAD! And I've only been here 3 months.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 04:22 AM
CANADIANS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 04:46 AM
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
CANADIANS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron

Posted By: DESIGN Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 01:31 PM
Not everything in Texas is great, just most things.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 02:39 PM

I'm moving to Denton.
Posted By: White99SE Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Our chapter is DEAD! And I've only been here 3 months.

Does anyone see a connection??? Hmmm...

J/K!
I'm just saying, this chapter has to be the least active bunch on all of CEG, even the Canadians have us beat, Guh! Our chapter is DEAD! And I've only been here 3 months.

Sounds good to me.
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 06:15 PM

Are you referring to the fact that the SC forum isn't as lively as other forums, or that there aren't many group activities in the SC area? As far as getting together for meets, SC is really spread out.....this group covers territory from Houston to St. Louis. That's a lot of distance for many folks to get together. I would also venture the theory that here in the rural midwest, there is less interest in the Contours, as many younger guys (and gals too) are into pickups, SUV's, and muscle cars. Here in Kansas, SVT's are extremely rare, I've only seen one in my life.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Beachboy:

Are you referring to the fact that the SC forum isn't as lively as other forums, or that there aren't many group activities in the SC area? As far as getting together for meets, SC is really spread out.....this group covers territory from Houston to St. Louis. That's a lot of distance for many folks to get together. I would also venture the theory that here in the rural midwest, there is less interest in the Contours, as many younger guys (and gals too) are into pickups, SUV's, and muscle cars. Here in Kansas, SVT's are extremely rare, I've only seen one in my life.

I've seen a couple SVT's in S.A., but none in New Braunfels(Plenty of old ladies in 'tours though)
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 07:11 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:

I've seen a couple SVT's in S.A., but none in New Braunfels(Plenty of old ladies in 'tours though)

I've only seen one "anonymous" SVT in the Wichita area, that I remember. The other two, I've known the owners. Anyway, there's a T-red one that I see around Derby, but I've no idea who it is. Early SE's are just as rare, if not more so.

Back on topic: Yeah, I'd say we're too spread out. I see a lot of meets and stuff going on down in OK or TX, or maybe even in KC, but it seems like there's only a couple of us here in Wichita. And me, I don't get out much. (Too many kids.)

Hmmm. Maybe we should make plans for next year's big car show in Old Town. Or, maybe we could all drive in the Derby Days parade to give people something to look at besides Corvairs, Camaros, Model Ts, and Shriner jeeps?

Or maybe the two of us could join the Wichita SCCA and go to their meetings, instead?

Posted By: Static Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 07:56 PM
well the thing is that there is now only three or four people in tulsa that have contours or even cougars. Stolon, batmobile, Pale horse, and white99se. Me, Rich, Shannon, Stacy, and Ryan either sold ares or wrecked them.
Posted By: Davo Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/16/04 11:08 PM
This is party central compared to North Central.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/17/04 03:20 AM
I understand the whole spread out thing. Man this area is F'N BIG! Anyway, at least I got some of ya'lls attention. This topic is at least being talked about. A few folks even came outta the woodwork to put their two cents in as I haven't even seen the screen names before.

We don't have to talk about Tours' since most no one owns them, but hell, let's talk about SOMETHING. Trucks, muscle cars and SUVs are fine.

Btw, I'm sorry that I helped kill SC CEG in my three months here.
Posted By: Zum Stupid Thread. - 12/17/04 03:20 AM
If SC could commit to anything, then we would be a good chapter. Did ANY of you post up about the River Float? Tried to make meets of your own? I know about two weeks ago, Three members had dinner together, There is always Kellers, and I am going to see Infuryum this weekend. Don't tell me we are dead. Some of us are alive and kickin. Looks like the rest of you need to work on it.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Stupid Thread. - 12/17/04 03:26 AM
What?
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/17/04 03:33 AM
Most of us Kansas people are in the KC metro area. I see at least 1 other SVT (besides mine) every day. You need to visit www.fast4doors.com, most of us KC people hang out there and organize meets there.

Maybe you can come up and see more than 1 SVT in the same place at the same time!
Posted By: White99SE Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/17/04 02:36 PM
Btw, I'm sorry that I helped kill SC CEG in my three months here.

You know I was just messin' wicha. SC was dying LONG before you got here.

Originally posted by Zum:
If SC could commit to anything, then we would be a good chapter.

It's not that we can't commit to anything, it's that people commit, then don't follow through. I've learned the hard way to be very skeptical when someone say's "I'll be there". Prime example of this was SZ04. We had 5 or 6 people saying "yeah, let's all caravan to Michigan". How many went? 1. Me. I'm not sorry I went, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping, simply because I didn't know anyone there, other than their cars and screen names. This is not a knock against anyone, cuz I understand spit happens, and I've been guilty of "bailing" on stuff myself. It's just a fact of life that SCCEG is not high on people's priority list.

Did ANY of you post up about the River Float?

No, because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it.

Tried to make meets of your own?

Once a month since April, I've made a post about Autocrossing in Stroud. Rich made it to most of them. Cody came to a couple and even the legendary DuratecDave came to one. (I call him legendary 'cause he gave me is old SVT front bumper. Thanks again Dave! ) Nobody from OKC even responded to the posts which kinda surprised me, as Stroud is right about halfway between Tulsa and OKC. I didn't really expect anyone from the other parts of SC to come.

Like I said, I'm not knocking anyone, I understand not being able to get together for meets and stuff. I have a hard time making it out to stuff, 'cuz with a wife and 2 kids, a lot of times my plans are already made for me. . But, I'd love it if our region was like the Michigan, Illinois, etc regions where you can have pretty good sized meets without too much trouble. I wish I had known about this site when SC was in it's heyday (was there a heyday? )

Kokopellian, you live in the part of SC that seems to have the most activity, even though most of them don't have Contours anymore. Try to get a Keller's meet together. I won't be able to make it, but I'm sure some of the DFW folks will.
Like my new sig?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/17/04 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rich Girl:
Like my new sig?

Now that you are so financially well endowed, are you and Chris gonna rent SC a party house on the river this summer?
No one would show.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/17/04 06:44 PM
Your right.
aww come on guys, it's not a competition
*snicker* you'll never catch up to us
mwaaaaahahhahahaha

Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/17/04 08:40 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
mwaaaaahahhahahaha

Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/17/04 08:48 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
mwaaaaahahhahahaha

Meanie!
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/18/04 01:58 AM
Take your hot married self back to Rhode Island.
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 04:11 AM
Anybody besides Infuryum and myself notice that half the criticism about the SC forum comes from people not living in the SC area?

Hey, we may not be the wildest forum, but we have the best people! Right, guys??
Anybody besides Infuryum and myself notice that half the criticism about the SC forum comes from people not living in the SC area?

I resent that!
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 05:00 AM
Hey, why criticize our SC forum if you don't even live here?
Posted By: lsneo Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 05:38 AM
id show to the river. Lets go yall.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 05:48 AM
Rich Girl used to live here. I thought she was just temporarily displaced? As for me, I live in the SC region, I was spoiled coming from Capitol CEG as we did stuff ALL the time. However, I didn't expect such low activity here. Seriously, I can understand the lack of meets and activities, but even in our forums there is VERY little action.

But, like I said, this post is great. Just look at the responses! Ya'll do care.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 06:41 AM
I wish I could tell you I knew the trick. The meets used to attract people who had a passion for cars. Those people have dwindled, especially due to the fact that many have purchased cars they don't need to think about or modify.

I still adore cars and I'm about to get myself back into a performance machine. I take a lot of heat for not showing up, but I work until midnight on Friday through Monday. That leaves very little time for anything else. People are also a lot more spread out or don't check the forums anymore. Of everyone here when I first joined, none remain. The oldest would be the Hightowers, methinks, and I was going to CEG meets months and months before I met them.

But fear not. I'm moving closer to actual civilization in the metroplex and my migration to Denton and the purchase of a performance automobile should aid in my participation... especially if I can quit my job.

I still want to meet you, Kokopaleantology. We'll hook something up in January and everyone else can come if they want. It'd be sweet-ass if the OKC kids could come, even though some don't like it very much in Dallas.

I'm two into a pack of Grolsch. I love Dutch beer.
Posted By: lsneo Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 07:19 AM
what about the houston boys? are we invited? Maybe yall can come to houston and check out our rides. Specially suneils turbo svt. Holly shiznits taht thing is fast as hell.
Hey, why criticize our SC forum if you don't even live here?

I can, because I do.

Don't get your panties in a wad, we (along with the name Mushu) will be back in a month.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 09:55 PM
Originally posted by infuryum:
I wish I could tell you I knew the trick. The meets used to attract people who had a passion for cars. Those people have dwindled, especially due to the fact that many have purchased cars they don't need to think about or modify.

I still adore cars and I'm about to get myself back into a performance machine. I take a lot of heat for not showing up, but I work until midnight on Friday through Monday. That leaves very little time for anything else. People are also a lot more spread out or don't check the forums anymore. Of everyone here when I first joined, none remain. The oldest would be the Hightowers, methinks, and I was going to CEG meets months and months before I met them.

But fear not. I'm moving closer to actual civilization in the metroplex and my migration to Denton and the purchase of a performance automobile should aid in my participation... especially if I can quit my job.

I still want to meet you, Kokopaleantology. We'll hook something up in January and everyone else can come if they want. It'd be sweet-ass if the OKC kids could come, even though some don't like it very much in Dallas.

That's cool Josh, I thought you were kidding about moving to Denton. That's about a 30 min drive from me I think. We'll definitely hook up.

Houston, you're always welcome. I'm in Houston a lot for work. I was supposed to hook up with Suniel so I could view that beast for myself. I haven't gotten with him yet though. Man I wanna cruise in that car!

Rich girl, get you and your husbands a$$es back here dammit! I'm having a time trying to get my suspension installed. Tell Chris that his setup, then mine are his first priorities when ya'll get back. I'll be waiting at your front door stalker like.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 09:59 PM

That's cool Josh, I thought you were kidding about moving to Denton. That's about a 30 min drive from me I think. We'll definitely hook up.

Houston, you're always welcome. I'm in Houston a lot for work. I was supposed to hook up with Suniel so I could view that beast for myself. I haven't gotten with him yet though. Man I wanna cruise in that car!

Rich girl, get you and your husbands a$$es back here dammit! I'm having a time trying to get my suspension installed. Tell Chris that his setup, then mine are his first priorities when ya'll get back. I'll be waiting at your front door stalker like.

I'll be in Houston for New Years Eve.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 10:17 PM
No one would show.

Party????
I'd be there!!!!!!!!
How far is that from here?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/19/04 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Bk4293:
No one would show.

Party????
I'd be there!!!!!!!!
How far is that from here?

Where is here? Here's the thread from last summer about the river house
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=southcentral&Number=509834&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/20/04 01:19 AM
That was a good idea. Now that I'll be a college kid in the spring, we can do it again.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/20/04 04:50 PM
That was a good idea. Now that I'll be a college kid in the spring, we can do it again.

What make a huge thread about a roadtrip that will never happen? Mushu is right.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/21/04 06:31 AM
Meh, have it your way.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 12/22/04 05:34 PM
Infuryum.. I was here when you first joined....

NVM... I was HERE.. but I wasn't joined.. so you wouldn't have known that, would you?

Ray
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/03/05 07:26 PM
Even a local Denton/Dallas meet would be kinda cool. I would travel more North than South because Oklahoma has less state troopers on I-35 as far as I can tell..
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/04/05 12:55 AM
Or you and I could go get a beer and make fun of everyone else. I'm good at that.

I'll be free tomorrow. Know any hot chicks?
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/04/05 05:09 AM
Or you and I could go get a beer and make fun of everyone else. I'm good at that.

I'll be free tomorrow. Know any hot chicks?

I'm officially starting a "Get Josh Laid" fundraiser. So far we're up to $1.....anyone care to donate?
Posted By: lsneo Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/04/05 05:11 AM
how bout we get a plz dont let josh get laid fund. Im putting in 100 dolla.
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/04/05 02:40 PM
Get everyone BUT Josh laid fundraiser. $101.00 stolen from all other contributions.
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/04/05 10:50 PM
I'll chip in $5 to the "Get Josh Laid Fund" if I can have videotaping rights! j/k
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/05/05 12:08 AM
I like the sound of all this.

Roanoke dude, I'm going to Hooters in Grapevine with a buddy for some beer and boobs. Call me if you wanna come. 214-724-2744
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/05/05 04:29 PM

Roanoke dude, I'm going to Hooters in Grapevine with a buddy for some beer and boobs. Call me if you wanna come. 214-724-2744

...mmmmmmmmmbeerboobs....
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/05/05 09:07 PM

So Josh, how did things at Hooters go? Anybody show up, or were you left alone to admire the scenery?

Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/06/05 12:22 AM
I kicked it with my buddy who later invited his two cousins. One is a 19 year-old kid who works at Academy and lifts weights. The other is a hot little 20 year-old chick. I told my friend that we should hang out with them more often.

But today was an even better day. I secured my student loans, secured my spot in the dorms, secured my spot at New Student Orientation next week and secured a car loan for my new 1996 Stealth R/T twin-turbo.
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/06/05 02:34 PM
I would have to say your pretty secure.
But do you have your "oops I crapped my pants!!"?

Otherwise your not secure 100%
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/06/05 03:32 PM
I don't know what that means.
I do!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/06/05 06:30 PM
What she said!! ^^^^

Ray
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/08/05 07:06 AM
But today was an even better day. I secured my student loans, secured my spot in the dorms, secured my spot at New Student Orientation next week and secured a car loan for my new 1996 Stealth R/T twin-turbo.

Hey Josh, congrats on getting lined out for college. I know the dorms will never be the same! What do you plan on majoring in? Or are you just starting out in general studies and then see what interests you in a couple of years when you have your basics out of the way?

Good luck man!
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/08/05 07:20 AM
Thanks dude! My final goal is to become Thomas Crown. I'm going to start off with business classes here at North Texas and then I'm leaning towards the idea of transferring to a school on the east coast to study international business and finance after a year or so. I need some suggestions about that. My first two instituations to research are NYU and the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.

I'm kinda going through a quarter-life crisis. I'm going to school and living in the dorms, surrounding myself with younger people and impressionable girls and I'm buying a sports car. I'm trying to remind myself that I'm not grown up yet. This corporate world is killing the child in me and I can't allow that. I'm also getting LASIK done on my eyeballs.

My life is going to completely change in two weeks.
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/08/05 07:49 AM
Wow Josh,

Sounds like you have your career aspirations really well thought out. I'm not sure who Thomas Crown is, but then again, I'm mostly clueless about life anymore anyway! I can't help ya much about the schools back east, as I'm an engineer, and haven't hung around with too many business majors lately. But it sounds like either school would be great.

Yeah, I really feel sorry for ya... slightly older dude hanging around with all those impressionable 18-22 year old chicks (who tend to love slightly older dudes), hot new car, and new eyeballs in a couple of weeks. Let the good times roll, man!

Word of advice....don't grow up too quick man. You have your whole life ahead of you to be a mature responsible adult. Might as well have fun in college and enjoy the hell out of it. Once you get a respectible corporate job, you're be wealthy (hopefully), but the carefree days of beer, broads, and rock 'n roll will be just a fond memory!
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/08/05 08:25 AM

It's a good movie. I recommend it.
Posted By: Zum Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/08/05 07:25 PM
He is going to forget all about me.
Posted By: Beachboy_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/09/05 06:54 AM
Not to worry Zum, I'm sure Infuryum would NEVER forget about you!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/09/05 04:39 PM
Not to worry Zum, I'm sure Infuryum would NEVER forget about you!

If he does, just stalk his a$$.
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/09/05 05:34 PM
I liek stalkers.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/09/05 07:29 PM
I liek stalkers.

So are you gonna major in Happy Hour?(like I did)
Posted By: infuryum_dup1 Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/09/05 10:27 PM
Yes. Don't tell anyone.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Disband SC CEG, delete the forums - 01/10/05 04:10 PM
© CEG Archives