Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ sweet. - 09/02/06 04:12 AM
So I move to Ypsi tomorrow to move into my dorm. Kind of excited, then I get a message online that all of the staff of EMU is on strike. Meaning that we might not go to class on the first or second day of school. Normally I would be happy about this... But now I get to thinking "great, I pay an ass load of money for school, and I get to use it sitting on my hands"

So im a little angry about that, I would rather be in class if im paying 7K a semester of school.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: sweet. - 09/02/06 04:35 AM
7 grand... damn you coulda got a saturn! living on campus must be expensive.

btw, for what its worth the teachers were on strike like this last year and made an agreement the day of classes.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: sweet. - 09/02/06 12:15 PM
demand a refund. heh

btw 7k a semester for someone living on campus seems cheap to me, and I graduated in 2000.
I think people at my college were paying roughly 11k per semester to live on campus.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: sweet. - 09/02/06 01:04 PM
Oh its cheap compared to other schools, just not compared to my tuition which is 4100 this semester.

of course living off campus may be more expensive in the long run, but.... its not a dorm.
Posted By: alibies Re: sweet. - 09/02/06 05:43 PM
I just moved in too... I pay like 10-12k a year... and Im ar RA!
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/02/06 07:09 PM
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:
So I move to Ypsi tomorrow to move into my dorm. Kind of excited, then I get a message online that all of the staff of EMU is on strike. Meaning that we might not go to class on the first or second day of school. Normally I would be happy about this... But now I get to thinking "great, I pay an ass load of money for school, and I get to use it sitting on my hands"

So im a little angry about that, I would rather be in class if im paying 7K a semester of school.

Alright guys, well im settled in here now. all of my stuff is moved, and my room mate never showed up. Im sure he will be here sometime in the next couple of days. But it would be hella cool to have a single room at a double room rate. w00t.

now im just sitting around till 9. cause thats when the residence meeting is.

EDIT! SPLOOGE! 8.5 Mbps download 3.5 mbps upload. GUHHH HEAVEN!!!!
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/02/06 11:10 PM
haha-- are you a first year student? forgive me, but i don't know how old you are (oops?) and i'm to lazy to look at your profile--

on a paying status-- i'm at WMU and i think paying around 8k--- plus apartment @ 410/month with utilities-- and a lot of beer expenses
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 12:03 AM
Originally posted by B.Brattina:
haha-- are you a first year student? forgive me, but i don't know how old you are (oops?) and i'm to lazy to look at your profile--

on a paying status-- i'm at WMU and i think paying around 8k--- plus apartment @ 410/month with utilities-- and a lot of beer expenses

lol, I dont drink, and yes this is my first year and im 18. I feel asleep for the student orientation so I missed the activities I guess thats the price you pay for having to lift you crap up 4 flights of stairs over and over again.
Posted By: Harrry Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 03:19 AM

lol, I dont drink, and yes this is my first year and im 18. I feel asleep for the student orientation so I missed the activities I guess thats the price you pay for having to lift you crap up 4 flights of stairs over and over again.

Didn't you get help? Frats, soroity, football team wrestling team, are out there helping new comers into there dorms this morning. My girl was helping people move in all day today.

Well see you soon, if pud makes his ass out there we all can meet up. Well in 2 months i will be living out there.

Going back for my master's!! hell yeah!!!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Harrry:

Didn't you get help? Frats, soroity, football team wrestling team, are out there helping new comers into there dorms this morning. My girl was helping people move in all day today.

Well see you soon, if pud makes his ass out there we all can meet up. Well in 2 months i will be living out there.

You cant make me go till wednesday loser!

Ill be there m t w t in the afternoons. Im done with morning classes, I either forget to go or fall asleep in class.

I dont think ill see either of you guys tho, since you two are on main campus and ive been banished to Owens / bdubs
Posted By: Harrry Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

You cant make me go till wednesday loser!

Ill be there m t w t in the afternoons. Im done with morning classes, I either forget to go or fall asleep in class.

I dont think ill see either of you guys tho, since you two are on main campus and ive been banished to Owens / bdubs

Booooo, loser hanging out by your self. Albanian lover!!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 01:13 PM
I wish I could hang out...

I dont do anything but work
Posted By: Reebs Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 01:21 PM

I know the feeling...

19 Credit hours at school and 2 full time jobs.

... Trying to save up enough money to suprise my wife with her dream car on her birthday in February!

Reebs
Posted By: Harrry Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Reebs:

I know the feeling...

... Trying to save up enough money to suprise my wife with her dream car on her birthday in February!

Reebs

80 hours a week working and 19 credit hours so u spend 99 hours total being somehwere. Not including drive time etc.
Posted By: snakous Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/03/06 11:05 PM
Isn't full time considered at least 34 hrs per week?
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 12:50 AM

Reebs

what a nice guy...id just buy myself a car...lol
Posted By: Harrry Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 01:24 AM
Originally posted by snakous:
Isn't full time considered at least 34 hrs per week?

Well yes it is snake. An average working full time status employee is 40 hours.
Posted By: Reebs Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 03:46 AM

I know the feeling...

Reebs

80 hours a week working and 19 credit hours so u spend 99 hours total being somehwere. Not including drive time etc.

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. First of all, the 19 credit hours starts this Wendsday... I didn't take any summer classes due to the Wedding and honeymoon. Second, I spend between 40-60 hours a week managing a part of my grandfathers construction company, which is great because I choose my own hours and how long I work each day. Now that school is starting, I'll probally work closer to 40 hours. Then I am a Real Estate agent that spends time here and there making calls between classes and while at my other job to set up showings and closings, so I defiently consider that a full time job. I am often up very late sending out listings and doing the prep work for the next day.

I brought all this craziness upon myself because I like alot of toys (snowmobiles, dirt bikes etc...) and I married a high maintenance chick! I love my life though. No complaints, but I sure can't wait to be done with school!

Reebs
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 01:00 PM
well. My 2nd day here was kind of a drag. I mean the orientation stuff was just a lot of tours and ive already been around campus a couple of times so I didnt need another tour, although I dont mind walking so much, especially on a really nice day.

The night was cool though, there was this thing called Playfair. Which consisted of a bunch of huge group games in which to break the ice and get to know people which surprisingly ended up being really fun. So I met some people which cheered me up a little. But I guess im just having a hard time with it. With getting involved and actually meeting people because I still yet feel kind of out of place... One of my friends said that "it kind of feels like being at camp" which I never really liked going off to camp at all. So maybe that explains why im having a hard time with it...

who knows, maybe when classes start up and this orientation stuff is over it will be a lot better. at least thats what I have been hoping.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 07:19 PM
It will be, orientation was the biggest waste of my time.

Wait until you start classes, you'll be alright.
Posted By: Harrry Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 07:24 PM
It will be, orientation was the biggest waste of my time.

Wait until you start classes, you'll be alright.

I soo agree with you. Waste of time for sure.

Just look at the map in the fall schedule. It will show you all the builders on campus. Just use that to find your way around.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 08:09 PM
Harry and I will have to give you our numbers in case you need anything.

Also, just a bit of advice. DO NOT trust the advisors, and make sure you take at least 15 credit hours a semester, or you will not graduate in 4 yrs.
Posted By: LittleFishie_dup1 Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/04/06 11:33 PM
make sure you take at least 15 credit hours a semester, or you will not graduate in 4 yrs.

So what? If you get out in 4 years, you missed the point of college!!

Alias, it's a chance to start a whole new life. Look at it as a clean slate where no one knows you or anything about you. Make the best of it, because all you have to look forward to afterwards is work and bills, a slave to the man.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/05/06 03:27 AM
Maybe you like sticking around for 5, 6, or 7 years partying and going to class. I personally cant stand school, I cant stand classes, and I cant stand being broke. I want to get started with my career.

You really need more then 4 years of straight partying??
Posted By: LittleFishie_dup1 Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/05/06 09:18 AM
Easy there pal! All I'm saying is what's the big rush in being out in exactly 4 years? Well of course the actual class and studying part of college isn't too thrilling, but the whole expierience is a grand thing.

I can tell we have totally different fundamental beliefs. Money isn't a big concern to me, and I can and will live quite simply. Being broke doesn't bother me so much, there is so much more to life than money and working.

FYI, I'll be out in December which equates to 4.5 years of schooling. Only once did I take 15 credit hours.

Did you meet your roomie Alias?
Posted By: Stazi Re: sweet. MOVED IN! - 09/05/06 03:44 PM
After 4 years of engineering school I couldn't RUN out of there fast enough!
© CEG Archives