Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RawBurt How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/15/06 12:26 PM
1999 Ford Contour SVT 171/2760

This is not a for sale add, I just want to know what you guys think I could get based on your experience.

Transmission:
HMS built transmission
Spec Stage 1 Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Quaife Limited Slip Differential
Focus Shift Tower
B&M short shifter

Intake Setup:
Rebuilt UIM & LIM
Aussie intake
K&N 3530 w/ heat shield
BAT MAF Adapter

Suspension:
Poly filled rear trans mount
Poly inserts on front trans mount
Rear Strut Brace
Subframe Connectors
Koni Sport Suspension Kit

Exhuast:
Magnaflow mufflers
Magnaflow hi flow resonator
MSDS Headers (Current)
Optimized Y pipe

Maintanence:
Ford Racing 9mm wires
Autolite Double platinums (.054)
Valvaline High mileage every 2,800 to 3,200
Royal Purple Synchromax

Exterior Mods:
18" Konig 'Reasons'
Rubber- Falkens
OEM Carbon Fiber Hood
Mirko Front Splitter
Aussie Grills (Gen 2) Painted Gunmetal
Knuaberized
Tint- 35% on fronts, 20% on backs
Painted front oval (Body color)
Painted rear chrome strip
Painted Calipars (Body color)
SVT vynals on lower back doors

Lighting:
Silverstar Lows
Silverstar corners
Clear corners
Audi A6 Sidemarkers
Proburner fog lights
Foglight mod

Interior Mods:
Painted trim pieces (Charcoal)
Indiglow SVT gauges, HVAC and HL switch
FSVT Door Sills
LEDs scattered everywhere
LED door upgrades White
Gauge pod w/ volts, a/f ratio, and oil pres

Audio/ Visual:
JVC reciever (KD-AR7000)
Infinity 4-Channel Amplifier (7541A)(111 watts RMS at 4 ohms)
Pioneer 6" x 8" 4-Way (TS-A6880R)
PNI Silver Bullet Radar Detector (RX7500)
Rebuilt trunk floor with custom amp rack

I'm sure theres more...

What do you think?

Five bucks
Great lets ruin this thread It was actually a serious question, thanks.
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Great lets ruin this thread It was actually a serious question, thanks.

i agree. that was totally uncalled for, mark.

the next time i see you, i'm going to break a glass over your head!

rawbutt, i'd say your car is worth at least $5.50. don't take a penny less.
Has over 100k right? Good luck with that.

Would it be more benificial to sell with a 3L?
I don't think 3L's add value. Not as much as it costs to do for sure. Hey maybe some kid will see it in Autotrader and give you an ok amount. 4-5k maybe? Mods don't add much value. Better to pull them off. Picked mine up for 2k with 117k. Has a built trans, suspension, wheels, Pioneer, B&M, Baer's, exhaust, etc etc.

Would it be more benificial to sell with a 3L?

it would be beneficial to return it to stock, sell all the mods seperately, and then sell the car. because it's unlikely you'll ever get someone who will actually pay more for a car with those mods.
Damnittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
At least remove the Mirko, hood, wheels to sell seperately before selling the car. I'll buy the Mirko for $5.
Posted By: Stazi Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/15/06 01:12 PM
Welcome to the poiint of no return.

My car - I would sell for $13500, but the chances of someone offering me that are probably slim to none.
Whats up with you guys and 5 bucks... Anyway, time to look into forced induction I suppose
MX, $5.50 is a bit steep. I was being generous with $5

Seriously though mods can go eitherway depending one what is done and who the prospective buyer is. If you keep the mods on it may take longer to sell the car, but you quite possibly will find the right person that will appreciate it and give what you want for it, however, removing the mods and lowering the price will probably sell the car quicker.
Posted By: Stazi Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/15/06 01:59 PM
Get a Zex nitrous kit and you'll love your car all over again............until it blows it's 2.5L - but then you just throw in a 3L and it's love all over again (again).
Keep the contour as a daily driver, and buy a fun/ fast car... 300zx

Either way, I was just curious as to what I could get for it. I've put alot into it, and lately it seems like its going to fall apart. Voltage issue at high rpm, CEL of doom, thousands of squeeks and rattles coming from the suspension. I cant even drive this car like it should be anymore.
FWIW- I'm getting a fair amount of interest on my car at about ~$9500, unfortunatly most people can only get financed for $5500 or so and don't want to pay $4000 cash ontop of it.

Rawburt, I remember a post from you within the last month, saying that you planned on keeping the SVT for a LONG time. Was that your idea of a long time?

Your car has 119k miles on it, and is 7 years old. Things are going to happen that you'll need to fix. Do you think a 92 300zx is going to be MORE reliable, or LESS squeeky/rattly? LMAO at you!!!

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Rawburt, I remember a post from you within the last month, saying that you planned on keeping the SVT for a LONG time. Was that your idea of a long time?

Your car has 119k miles on it, and is 7 years old. Things are going to happen that you'll need to fix. Do you think a 92 300zx is going to be MORE reliable, or LESS squeeky/rattly? LMAO at you!!!

Mark

+1

not only that, but a 300zx (especially the TT) is waaaaay overpriced these days. lots of better performance for a lot less money in a much newer car.
I'm keeping it... I've just been thinking what I could petentially get for it?

Oh and if I have to replace my third alternator this weekend, I'm going to ghost ride it off a cliff.
My only prob in this thread is todd and his 2k$ car. You got a steal of a deal from a guy on the boards who felt bad for you. Your car is not an accurate reflection of the market for our cars.

I also hate the guys who are like, oh JD's dad bought the car for X amount of money. It was ebay and IIRC he was not expecting to get the car at that price. Stazi you can def get 13.5k for your car.

Now I am debating selling my vortech and some supporting mods and just making my car a daily again. The idea for me to have my car a contour garage queen with the rust and fact it has been thru so many winters is simply retarded to me, now.

I have found a pretty mint 1978 Datsun 280Z with 40k original miles...garage kept. I can afford it and insure it with hagerty.

I love my contour and not in the garage it and never drive it way. The thing is a great car so long as it works.

Currently it sounds like the steering rack is acting up...

I will prob go back to honda on my next car and never look back. I miss my 00 Accord EX. Even though it was AT...it was an incredible car.

The contour community is great and all, but I do not have time to fug around with the vortech and tuning. I am not a good tuner...I know a little bit and enough to have my car run.

sorry for the rant
Some up of Pete's post. "I'm a tard."
Originally posted by todras:
At least remove the Mirko, hood, wheels to sell seperately before selling the car. I'll buy the Mirko for $5.

Todd musta got his paycheck today, so sell it for $2.50, that way he at least has half his check left.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
My only prob in this thread is todd and his 2k$ car. You got a steal of a deal from a guy on the boards who felt bad for you. Your car is not an accurate reflection of the market for our cars.

Felt bad? Felt bad for what? I have replaced LCA's, tires, cable ends, exhaust, rear sway, sunroof, etc. I have close to a grand into it already. He knew that it had issues. That's why I got it that way. It was first come first serve on the car to anyone so eat a dick.
Some up of Pete's post. "I'm a tard."

Please go a bit deeper with your amazing analysis.
keep it civil guys...
Originally posted by WorldTour:
keep it civil guys...

I am!

I just want a better explanation than the 3 word 'some' up.
Cliff's notes: "It took me a long time to figure out something I should have a long time ago". And a 78 Datsun? Just say no.
I feel bad for you, virgin.

btw, everyone here is obsessed with 5 Bucks because they love Boston area pop punk bands
/lame
Cliff's notes: "It took me a long time to figure out something I should have a long time ago". And a 78 Datsun? Just say no.

It is a gorgeous car in my eyes and worthy of the space my dad would give me in his garage.
Currently it sounds like the steering rack is acting up...

What makes you think that?
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
I feel bad for you, virgin.

btw, everyone here is obsessed with 5 Bucks because they love Boston area pop punk bands
/lame

mighty mighty bosstones what?

Posted By: Barge Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/15/06 05:03 PM
How is a contour with a vortech not a daily driver? not like it's a monster or something.

Just put the vortech on and we'll get it tuned up... I have no interest in your lame NA 3L.. needs more vortech.
I'll take the vortec...

... Seriously!
I'll take the vortec...

... Seriously!

if any one gets the vortex it me now you
Originally posted by BrApple:
I'll take the vortec...

... Seriously!

O rly?!?!!

GO BACK TO NEW ENGLAND!!! YOU DONT BELONG HERE!!!!

I'll take the vortec...

... Seriously!

Needs less mid-day drunken posts.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I'll take the vortec...

... Seriously!

Needs less mid-day drunken posts.

Mark

I wish ...
I think Pete should give me the Vortech for $5 because he still feels guilty.
Have fun paying for a properly working jackshaft.
Who needs that
Originally posted by Rara:
I think Pete should give me the Vortech for $5 because he still feels guilty.

Nah he should sell it to you $5.55 since you hurt his neck when you choked him! His pain is worth at least 55 cents.
Posted By: Barge Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/15/06 06:25 PM

Already done... at least that's the word on the street.

gotta pay to play... whats your point?
Originally posted by offroadSVT:

gotta pay to play... whats your point?

This from the guy that tried to sell his car after getting it back from Terry because of too many tickets. Thanks for playing.
my point is I don't see why people [censored] about having to pay an extra couple hundred bucks to upgrade the jackshaft when they already paid a couple grand for a kit that is going to give them over 100 FWHP
My poor poor thread has taken a turn for the worse
Originally posted by offroadSVT:
my point is I don't see why people [censored] about having to pay an extra couple hundred bucks to upgrade the jackshaft when they already paid a couple grand for a kit that is going to give them over 100 FWHP

Last I checked the upgrade sucks or it can't be purchased any longer and the Knu Koncepts was the correct fix at 1k.

Last I checked the upgrade sucks or it can't be purchased any longer and the Knu Koncepts was the correct fix at 1k.

Do you honestly check any facts before you post? KnuKoncepts kit was well under $500 when I had it done. Would have been cheaper if I had a good jackshaft to start from.
I stand corrected. I thought that's what the rate was due to all the work. I swear I read that here but can't find anything to back it up. Looks to be $275.
My jackshaft is fixed. I am going to mock up the system in my car this weekend and 'test' the fix. I am going to keep it or sell it. IDK, I shouldn't be spending so much time on this stuff. I need to focus on my classes and internships. (potential)
My jackshaft is fixed. I am going to mock up the system in my car this weekend and 'test' the fix. I am going to keep it or sell it. IDK, I shouldn't be spending so much time on this stuff. I need to focus on my classes and internships. (potential)

STFU and put it in.
Posted By: Barge Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/15/06 08:05 PM
I am going to keep it or sell it.

Those would be the 2 options.
Pete's dad had a talk with him. Am I the only one that can tell?
Pete's dad had a talk to him. Am I the only one that can tell?

Naw, I am just not finding a decent job and I need $$. I turned in a bunch of resumes today...we'll see if I can get a job, I'll keep it.
put it in and stop crying pete! i dont want to have to kick you.

oh and on the origonal topic....

I bought my SVT for a chunk above what it was actually 'worth' because it had mods done that i would have done myself....
Let me know if u are thinking of selling it.

I am very intersted

Honestly put it on. You will not regret it. You would have the biggest grin on ur face everyday.
The right buyer will give you what you think the car is worth Rob, trust me FWIW, I wouldn't take less then $6K for it as is!

Either way, I was just curious as to what I could get for it. I've put alot into it, and lately it seems like its going to fall apart. Voltage issue at high rpm, CEL of doom, thousands of squeeks and rattles coming from the suspension. I cant even drive this car like it should be anymore.

300zx.....expensive to mod/maintain. Stick with the Tour.....and put a turbo.
Rob, maybe a garbage truck will back into your car and total it. Then insurance will give you an over-inflated amount for the car, and then you can hand them reciepts for your mods and claim even more. Then buy the wreck back from them and part it out to make more $$$.

No seriously I know exactly what you are going through. Just keep the car. Unless something breaks that is literally too expensive to fix. You've already done trans and suspension, etc, what else is going to bust? The resale on these cars sucks so bad that you'll never get even close to what you've put into it. Just run it into the ground.
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

300zx.....expensive to mod/maintain. Stick with the Tour.....and put a turbo.

the squeeks in your suspension probably are sway bar endlinks, CEL of doom... No idea what code you are throwing, but I bet its fixable... Voltage issue could be a slipping Alternator belt... or more then likely a failing alternator.
I know that the belt is bad, its just a matter of determining whether thats the issue, or its the alternator itself. It better not be because I'll be doing it myself
Just keep it, but if you do sell it, sell the Camaro too and get yourself something nice to drive year round
Im selling my car right now on Ebay!
The camaro is sold as of this weekend.
Rob I will do your belt in like 10 min. Just bring it over. Just need to buy one from tim.
I'm not sure if its the belt now, I'm trying not to drive it though. Because its being whiney, I'll tell ya... I've had two alternators go, but not like this. Something wierd is about to happen I think
Posted By: Barge Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/16/06 06:30 PM
Stop crying you little girl
I'm not crying, I'm waiting for it to break... How about you stop reading tard
Posted By: Barge Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/16/06 06:48 PM
What is tard and how can I read or stop reading it?
I agree with pete's point earlier. As lifeless internet monkeys we see every amazing deal that comes across these boards and automatically assume that we can get the same deal. It's a little disappointing.
My jackshaft is fixed.

Pete: Please don't consider your jackshaft a fix when you can see play in the shaft. If you look a rotating shaft and see it wobble, I doubt its going to last very long w/o breaking.

just my .02 and no offense to Stazi.

-Tim
Posted By: Stazi Re: How much you think I could get for my car? - 06/19/06 01:36 PM
I never said it was ideal.
I plain on never selling the Mystique just the fact the resale on it just plain sucks. I'm gonna run it into the ground and dig it back up.
When my engine goes... I'm putting an "x" v8 engine RWD! Stazi said he'd do it for a couple hundred bucks labor
I stand corrected. I thought that's what the rate was due to all the work. I swear I read that here but can't find anything to back it up. Looks to be $275.

To fix a good working shaft (ie before it failed) was $275. If you had a damaged shaft it was $400-600 depending on what version shaft you had. I think we did quote one person $800-1100 to make the bearing upgrade, upgrade the shaft to the newest version (Vortech had 3 IIRC) and fix both male and female ends.
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:

To fix a good working shaft (ie before it failed) was $275. If you had a damaged shaft it was $400-600 depending on what version shaft you had. I think we did quote one person $800-1100 to make the bearing upgrade, upgrade the shaft to the newest version (Vortech had 3 IIRC) and fix both male and female ends.

Must have been what I had read before. I was right (sort of).
© CEG Archives