Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: e1flakedsvt hey, - 09/07/04 11:30 PM
I miss my car, and I miss the CEG. x1000
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/08/04 05:31 AM
Man, you know you're always welcome around the CEG. Hope things go well for you. You'll be in my prayers, for whatever thats worth to you.
Posted By: Stazi Re: hey, - 09/08/04 12:41 PM
John whatever happened with what went down? Did you get busted by the 5-0?
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/08/04 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
John whatever happened with what went down? Did you get busted by the 5-0?

an Aussie talking ghetto...now thats it...I have heard it all
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: hey, - 09/08/04 01:24 PM
Originally posted by e1flakedsvt:

its going to be a sad day for me as well when I see my contour go.... Not only do I love this car because of how fun it is to drive... But Its my FIRST car... its my first sense of freedom... I will be sad to see her go... But then I will have my newer car... a 2001-2003 Focus ZX3 MTX and it will have my SVT wheels on it, so a little Piece of the contour will still be with me Im sorry to hear about your loss though... What exactly happened there though?
Posted By: Stazi Re: hey, - 09/08/04 01:34 PM
FWIK he had an accident, and his friend who was his passenger ended up getting killed.

That's all I know, that I can tell you.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: hey, - 09/08/04 07:29 PM
I actually didn't expect to hear from you anymore in here John
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: hey, - 09/08/04 07:45 PM
wow... thats gotta be really though... I could say I know what you are going though... but in reality I cant, because I dont know what its like to loose a friend... especially to have him die right next to you... That must have been horrbile... Hey, If there is anything you need... Dont hesitate to Send me a PM, or talk to me on AIM... I am very sorry for your loss, and your friend's family's loss... Stuff like this shouldnt be allowed to happen to such good people.
Posted By: 4SE's Re: hey, - 09/10/04 02:29 AM
http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2004/06/25/news/news1.txt
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hey, - 09/10/04 03:07 AM
wow....

if that's you (and i'm sure it is) then you have my deepest condolences. i'll save my opinions on drunk driving out of respect for you and the good conversations we've had in the past.

take care man.
Posted By: PTAaron Re: hey, - 09/10/04 03:07 AM
Originally posted by 4SE's:
http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2004/06/25/news/news1.txt

I would probably get booted from the board if I said what I was thinking right now after reading that.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/10/04 03:19 AM
Holy crap, that's all sorts of messed up.

Damn.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: hey, - 09/10/04 03:24 AM
wow....

Thats about all i can really say..
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: hey, - 09/10/04 05:15 AM
I knew tis and iI continue to say. My deepest condolenses
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/10/04 05:49 AM
Sorry to hear that man. I could easily be in your shoes right now. I got lucky.
Posted By: PTAaron Re: hey, - 09/10/04 12:59 PM
I'm not sure what makes me more sick... the fact that this idiot killed his friend because he was driving drunk - then posts on here about how me misses his car... or the fact that you guys keep saying "My condoleneces"! Christ - if he had taken a pistol, put 1 bullet in it, spun the chamber around and shot his friend in the head would you say "Sorry about your luck"?? No, you would tell him he is a f*cking idiot and deserves to be beaten with a bat. I feel sorry for his friend's family and I really hope they don't ever see him posting on the internet about missing his car when his friend is dead and it is his fault.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hey, - 09/10/04 01:59 PM
Originally posted by PTAaron:
I'm not sure what makes me more sick... the fact that this idiot killed his friend because he was driving drunk - then posts on here about how me misses his car... or the fact that you guys keep saying "My condoleneces"! Christ - if he had taken a pistol, put 1 bullet in it, spun the chamber around and shot his friend in the head would you say "Sorry about your luck"?? No, you would tell him he is a f*cking idiot and deserves to be beaten with a bat. I feel sorry for his friend's family and I really hope they don't ever see him posting on the internet about missing his car when his friend is dead and it is his fault.

you need to chill the hell out and stop threatening physical violence tough guy.

you have no idea what he is feeling inside. i think we ALL know he made a terrible, terrible mistake, but bitching him out will not go back in time and change it. get off your high horse or go [censored] yourself!
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/10/04 02:01 PM
Upon finding out the details, I stand by my orignal post from the other thread:

Originally posted by Trapps:
Life brings us many challenges. Often they are a surprise; sometimes you see them coming. It's how you react to those challenges that truley define who you are.

I wish you a speedy and complete recovery, and my most sincere condolances for your friends family and loved ones.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Be grateful for what you have today, you may not have it tomorrow.

Mark

The challenges you face will be harsh. They should be.

I agree with PT on one point: Coming here and crying about missing his car is sickening. The opening of the original thread title and post say it all: " Contour Gone" followed by "my best friend was'nt as lucky and is now dead."

MX, IMHO, there are degrees of mistakes. A mistake is using baking powder instead of baking soda. This was not a mistake. It was a sequence of poor judgements combined with negligence resulting in tragic consequenses. They don't need to be discussed here in detail. What e1flaked faces, he faces for the rest of his life and piling on or threatening is not going to change things. I might feel different though if I were a family member or close friend.

Having buried 2 friends as a result of drinking and driving, one in High school(killed by another), one in college(killed himself), this whole scene stikes a nerve.

I'm done here.

Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/10/04 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

you need to chill the hell out and stop threatening physical violence tough guy.

I saw no threats of physical violence. I saw a detached statement about what someone deserves as punishment. Personally I'd have gone a bit harsher. Intentional drinking and driving, and then killing another person in the process, fits perfectly, IMHO into the definition of 2nd or 3rd degree murder. Which also, IMHO, should be able to be punished by death should a court of law see fit.

you have no idea what he is feeling inside. i think we ALL know he made a terrible, terrible mistake, but bitching him out will not go back in time and change it. get off your high horse or go [censored] yourself!

How he is feeling is irrelevant to what happened, though the fact that he posted about missing his car is a little unnerving. Driving Drunk, and at a .12 BAC no less, is not "a mistake" it is a decision to take life into your hands, whether it be your own or someone else's. It would not have been terribly different if PTAaron's scenario of russion roullette had played out instead. Though, I would say, to be more accurate, it would be like playing with three rounds in the gun, rather than one.

I will say, that had he, or anyone else driving drunk, struck and killed any of my loved ones in another vehicle, or walking down the street, I would have a very hard time restraining myself from taking justice into my own hands.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/10/04 03:46 PM
From what I read in the first thread I was all sad for him..I mean I lost my brother to an accident....then now that I read this I am pizzed. Comming here and airing out stuff is fine in my book...but leaving (in my opinion) 95% of the story out conviently is not right. You deserve no sympathy, but I will refrain from bashing you. You have made a choice as an adult and now will have to live with it forever. You not only took your own life in your hands that night but everyone around you including people just walking or whatever.

They are going to throw the book at you on this one. This will not be jail time...this is going to be prison time. You had better hit the gymn and start boxing or some martial arts...because it is ugly in there. There are two ways to make it...be someones [censored] or fight like there is no tomorrow....they are not in there because they are model citizens....they have nothing to lose and everything to gain....you better know how to fight.

Its not luck....its a choice and you blew it.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/10/04 05:27 PM
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: hey, - 09/10/04 07:39 PM
To quote Paul Harvey..."now you know the rest of the story!"
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: hey, - 09/10/04 07:48 PM
he should have let people know the rest of the story the first time he posted on here. but seeing this thread on here, forces the need for light to be shed on the topic. also i like his order of importance in his first post about this situation. as i recall it was i totalled my car, injured myself, and oh btw my friend is dead. people were offering their condolences to him and he was eating it up. and for the people who still feel sorry for this guy: GET REAL!
Posted By: PTAaron Re: hey, - 09/10/04 08:42 PM

There were no threats of any kind in my post... I said that people would feel differently if he had shot the guy - and that they might say something about hitting him with a bat (I'm at work, and I can't cut and paste my original comment)...
So chill out "tough guy".
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/11/04 04:43 AM
Originally posted by PTAaron:

There were no threats of any kind in my post... I said that people would feel differently if he had shot the guy - and that they might say something about hitting him with a bat (I'm at work, and I can't cut and paste my original comment)...
So chill out "tough guy".

I don't know exactly what happened but I'm sure his friend was fully aware that he had been drinking when he got in the car with him.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hey, - 09/11/04 05:20 AM
my apologies, i overreacted a bit. but i stand by my statement... bitching at this particular person will not change what happened, and i doubt he will ever be doing it again. and his sig already states his feelings of loss, not to mention i'm sure admitting something like this is exceptionally difficult. this was most likely his way of easing into it. it's just a sad situation, and the people who need to see this and be [censored] at are the ones who are still drinking and driving.

i'm too tired to comment anymore.....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: hey, - 09/11/04 06:43 PM
Lets just put everything into perspective here....drinking and driving is STUPID! I don't know how many times people need to be told this, but it just doesn't seem to get through. Everytime I see those commercials where they show the kids in the still pics and then they show the caption, "killed by a drunk driver" it pisses me off. The majority of people out there just gotta drink to have a good time, I don't get it and thats why I'm part of the solution, not part of the problem
Posted By: Steeda. Re: hey, - 09/11/04 06:49 PM
I hate to say this but.. Since i get paid by people who drink and drive umm ya i don't think i need to say what im thinking.

Don't worry Flaked one dude that comes to my work had the same thing happen he only did 6 years in Marquette Prision.. then took him 8 years after to get his DL back..
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/12/04 01:23 AM
Originally posted by SteedaSan:
I hate to say this but.. Since i get paid by people who drink and drive umm ya i don't think i need to say what im thinking.

Don't worry Flaked one dude that comes to my work had the same thing happen he only did 6 years in Marquette Prision.. then took him 8 years after to get his DL back..

yea...but unfortunately most that go to prison are not prepared for it....this dude is ggoing to have a hard time...I mean comeon...he whines on the internet about missing a car that HE totalled....and the last line is about his friend that he murdered....I hope they toss the book at him.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hey, - 09/12/04 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Judge:

yea...but unfortunately most that go to prison are not prepared for it....this dude is ggoing to have a hard time...

yes... lets hope for minimal ass-rapings for our comrade.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: hey, - 09/12/04 05:58 AM
I don't like that everyone decided to rip him a new one. He's been through alot. And I feel that the guilt he is going thru is punishment enough. I think this should be locked and erased.
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/12/04 04:26 PM
I don't think it should get locked at all... the problem that people have with it is he came in here crying about how he "missed his car and missed the CEG" and soaked up the sympathy from people who had NO idea what the real story behind it was. I know a few of you knew what really went down but just 'cause he's your boy doesn't mean that he didn't royally f**k up and shouldn't hear about it. Don't get upset because people are calling him out... get mad at your boy for not being straight-up. He'd have probably gotten a lot less flames if he'd done that in the first place.

Do I feel bad for the guy??? A little. I can't imagine what he's going through, and he's gonna have to live with the fact that his stupid BS decision cost his friend his life. More than likely he's gonna have a lot of time to think about it while he's sitting in jail. I feel very bad for the family that lost a 22-year old kid because of nothing more than stupidity.

If you ask me, this thread should be stuck to the top of the page as a reminder of what happens when you make dumb decisions.
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/12/04 05:35 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I don't like that everyone decided to rip him a new one. He's been through alot. And I feel that the guilt he is going thru is punishment enough. I think this should be locked and erased.

I have no plans on locking this thread. This thread should be a reminder of what can happen when driving under the influence.

-Mark
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/12/04 06:25 PM

You're entitled not to like it. People wouldn't feel as angry about this as they do if he had come back saying "I miss my friend, and it's my fault." But he didn't. He misses his car and the CEG. Intentional or not, he mislead us all. That's immature and shows a compolete lack of integrity.

Do you really think guilt is punishment enough? Please go explain that to the family of the deceased. Let me remind you something you inconsiderate, immature fu(ktard. A 22 year old kid with the rest of his life ripped away from him and his family is dead. His family will be scarred for the rest of thier lives because of it.

What if it was your brother, or you son? Would you still think guilt is enough punishment?

You want to drink and drive? At least know your limits. That's why it went to age 21. Too many kids were killing themselves and thier friends. Or innocent bystanders. The driver is 19. He's to young to even know what his own limits are. What he did know is that he went out and drank, against the law. The he drove while intoxicated, again breaking the law. Add speeding, the 3rd offence. The resulting accident kills someone all to young. So finally add this to the first three crimes:

OUIL/OWI
w/
Death/Injury
�§625(4)&(5)
Felony

Fine/Jail/

Comm Svc: Death - prison up to 15 years OR $2,500-$10,000 fine, or both.

Injury -prison up to 5 years OR $1,000-$5,000 fine OR both.

Emergency Responder Death-prison up to 20 years or $2,500 to $10,000 fine, or both.

Licensing: minimum 1 year revocation/denial

Plate conf: Required

Immob: Required up to 180 days [90-180 days if prior 653a(3)]

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: hey, - 09/12/04 07:20 PM

Incredible, what an simply unbelievable, incredible, selfish post.

I'm not gonna write a book, but to whoever said he's any less responsible because his friend was drunk too, that thought is beyond belief! As has been said before, he made a decision to drive drunk and his friend died for it. What a (censored) waste of 2 lives.
Posted By: MCconnection cc Re: hey, - 09/12/04 08:12 PM
I just read the article and all I have to say is what a shame things had to happen the way they did. Seems like the guy and his friend were just out having a good time and over did it. I can't say that I agree his decision to drink and drive or with the way he made his post but I'm not gonna bash the guy. My prayers go out to the family of the deceased.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: hey, - 09/12/04 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Trapps:

You're entitled not to like it. People wouldn't feel as angry about this as they do if he had come back saying "I miss my friend, and it's my fault." But he didn't. He misses his car and the CEG. Intentional or not, he mislead us all. That's immature and shows a compolete lack of integrity.

Do you really think guilt is punishment enough? Please go explain that to the family of the deceased. Let me remind you something you inconsiderate, immature fu(ktard. A 22 year old kid with the rest of his life ripped away from him and his family is dead. His family will be scarred for the rest of thier lives because of it.

What if it was your brother, or you son? Would you still think guilt is enough punishment?

You want to drink and drive? At least know your limits. That's why it went to age 21. Too many kids were killing themselves and thier friends. Or innocent bystanders. The driver is 19. He's to young to even know what his own limits are. What he did know is that he went out and drank, against the law. The he drove while intoxicated, again breaking the law. Add speeding, the 3rd offence. The resulting accident kills someone all to young. So finally add this to the first three crimes:

OUIL/OWI
w/
Death/Injury
�§625(4)&(5)
Felony

Fine/Jail/

Comm Svc: Death - prison up to 15 years OR $2,500-$10,000 fine, or both.

Injury -prison up to 5 years OR $1,000-$5,000 fine OR both.

Emergency Responder Death-prison up to 20 years or $2,500 to $10,000 fine, or both.

Licensing: minimum 1 year revocation/denial

Plate conf: Required

Immob: Required up to 180 days [90-180 days if prior 653a(3)]

I meant punishment enough in the sense that we don't need to rant on and on about this. I am not condoning sh!t. Reverse the roles and say what you want, but none of us have any idea what he is going through. We can lose our loved ones and have hatred toward him. And if I had lost someone to a drunk driver I would too. And I am pissed that he didn't say I miss my friend, but well I don't even want to imagine what is going on in his head. I also knew from his very first post, the whole story, and I said NOTHING! I wasn't pissed. How many of us could come on here and say "�¿a I killed him"
Posted By: MxRacer Re: hey, - 09/13/04 02:26 AM
How many of us could come on here and say "�¿a I killed him"

thats my point. you guys have very little idea how hard admission of guilt can be in this type of situation (i do, as it's what my degree is in). by him even coming on here and showing his face again, he more than likely knew that people would find out what happened. it was likely his way of easing into public admission of his guilt.
Posted By: steve-o Re: hey, - 09/13/04 06:56 AM
well he just ruined a good portion of is life, and the law will ensure that. Horrible, horrible thing to do. With that said, no need to yell at him here. I've probably come close to his actions, well not the speeding on top of it. I guess that means I a [censored] too, not that he's anymore ok...

I don't know, I guess I mean here goes the guys life down the tubes, jail, dead friend, insane guilt, friends family... there just isn't really a need to bash him, he's [censored].

As far as the original posts, I think shock is responsible, as well as loneliness. I mean he probably wanted us to figure out what happened. He's going to be alone with everything for a long time.

no, I'm not justifing anything. It was a horrible thing to do, but still I can't but say if you read this, I'm sorry, and I'll be praying for you man.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: hey, - 09/13/04 07:04 PM
Originally posted by steve-o:

As far as the original posts, I think shock is responsible, as well as loneliness. I mean he probably wanted us to figure out what happened. He's going to be alone with everything for a long time.

Also, if he has a decent attorney, I'm sure he's been advised against talking about the accident.
Posted By: e1flakedsvt WTF - 09/18/04 06:29 PM
All I can I say is wow. I'm literraly shaking with emotion right now after reading the 39 posts. First, let me start off saying that you can't believe everything you read in the paper.(I was 20 at the time) And for all of you that don't know the legal limit is .08 adding another .03 is one beer. I WAS NOT DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not falling down or slurring words like I'm sure you'd all like to imagine. In fact I passed all my subrioty tests. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!!! With slippery roads and a tough curve. There has been 5 or 6 cars that have hit that same tree! Don't you dare tell me that I'm [censored] selfish b/c I did'nt say I missed Jamie in my original post, that goes w/o saying. I can't believe how fast the ceg will turn there back as soon as someone shouts drinking and driving. I wasn't posting to get pity from a bunch of people I don't know I posted b/c I wanted friends to know I was still around. Jamie was my brother and losing him will give me undescribable pain for the rest of my life, but I think I can miss my car too.

With the heavy heavy support from Jamie's family (who understand that this was an accident), my family and friends, I'm gonna be ok. I plan on talking in front of schools, colleges, MADD, etc. telling my story b/c whether the CEG would like to open their eyes to the real world or not there are alot of young people drinking and driving.

John D
Posted By: RyeLou Re: WTF - 09/18/04 07:10 PM
I plan on talking in front of schools, colleges, MADD, etc. telling my story

Good for you. That is certainly a step in the right direction from what happened.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: WTF - 09/19/04 04:40 AM
All I can I say is wow. I'm literraly shaking with emotion right now after reading the 39 posts. First, let me start off saying that you can't believe everything you read in the paper.(I was 20 at the time) And for all of you that don't know the legal limit is .08 adding another .03 is one beer. I WAS NOT DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not falling down or slurring words like I'm sure you'd all like to imagine. In fact I passed all my subrioty tests. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!!! With slippery roads and a tough curve. There has been 5 or 6 cars that have hit that same tree! Don't you dare tell me that I'm [censored] selfish b/c I did'nt say I missed Jamie in my original post, that goes w/o saying. I can't believe how fast the ceg will turn there back as soon as someone shouts drinking and driving. I wasn't posting to get pity from a bunch of people I don't know I posted b/c I wanted friends to know I was still around. Jamie was my brother and losing him will give me undescribable pain for the rest of my life, but I think I can miss my car too.

With the heavy heavy support from Jamie's family (who understand that this was an accident), my family and friends, I'm gonna be ok. I plan on talking in front of schools, colleges, MADD, etc. telling my story b/c whether the CEG would like to open their eyes to the real world or not there are alot of young people drinking and driving.

John D

Your right, papers lie and or distort the truth. Police reports do not.
20 is still under age.
If you were over .08, then according to the law (right or wrong), you were drunk - passing sobriety tests or not.
Mabey the CEG can't belive how fast you came out complaining about your car, and not your friend.
I'm certain it was an accident, you didn't mean to hit a tree, or the results of the incident.
[censored] your car. It's replaceable. Jamie is not. But you already know that.

I'm not speaking for the masses, and I personally am quite familiar with the real world. I'm glad your family and friends support you. You're going to need it. Your final point is scarry; a lot of people are crack addicts, rapists, and underage drunk drivers. None of which are acceptable, in my opinion. It was your choice. You lost a friend; I lost 2. So have countless others. Circumstances are the only differences.

Good luck.
Posted By: Rickabod Re: WTF - 09/19/04 01:14 PM
And for all of you that don't know the legal limit is .08

you're under 21, legal limit for you is .02
and though you may not feel drunk at .08, the state law says you are, so tough (censored) on that one buddy. it sucks that it happend, but don't deny the fact that you screwed up. don't try and make excuses.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: WTF - 09/19/04 06:58 PM
I know I'm not from this forum section and probebly shouldn't be poking my nose in here but seeing your latest post made me have to ask something. It said in the article posted that your friend wans't wearing his seat belt. You are saying that you weren't drunk, if you weren't drunk and you passed the subrioty test then technically you were alert so how come you didn't make sure that your friend had his seatbelt on? I'm 22 and everytime one of my friends get in my car I make sure they have their seatbelts on because you never now what will happen.
As for going to schools and telling your story thats a step in the right direction and I'm glad to see your getting some good support going through this must be pretty rough.

Aaron
Posted By: Steeda. Re: WTF - 09/19/04 08:25 PM
Under 21 is .002

Zip, zero, Zilch.. I have a poster in my office if you need to use it with your School speakings.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: WTF - 09/20/04 01:49 AM
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
so how come you didn't make sure that your friend had his seatbelt on? I'm 22 and everytime one of my friends get in my car I make sure they have their seatbelts on because you never now what will happen.

i'm not their mother. if someone doesn't want to wear a seatbelt, and they are an adult, it's their choice!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: WTF - 09/20/04 02:19 AM
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
so how come you didn't make sure that your friend had his seatbelt on? I'm 22 and everytime one of my friends get in my car I make sure they have their seatbelts on because you never now what will happen.

i'm not their mother. if someone doesn't want to wear a seatbelt, and they are an adult, it's their choice!

Agreed. i don't remind everyone. I appreciate it, but...
© CEG Archives