Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo LOCAL MEET !! - 09/23/04 12:25 PM
I don't know where ... I don't know what date ... I don't know what time ... I just know WE NEED ANOTHER MEET BEFORE IT GETS TOO COLD !!!!

It's September 23rd already , so let's hash this out in a timely fashion . I don't work weekends , so I'm free on the saturday/sunday debate . Let me hear YOUR thoughts on this . For this meet , I'm not really thinking anything fancy . Maybe just a meet & eat at a local restaurant , old-school , like I used to do (that seemed quite successful) . There are a TON of restaurants (many new & lots old) in the Reading area , I can look around at their parking lots to see which ones best suit our needs . I used to host 'em at Zinns (which was right off the turnpike in Adamstown) , but they were bought out & I haven't eaten there yet , plus I don't know how they'd take to having a meet in their lot . Maybe they wouldn't care ?? I also had a couple at Di�¢k Clark's Bandstand Grille at King of Prussia , but I believe it's been changed too & I haven't eaten there yet either .

Throw out your ideas ... the meet can't happen without your input !! I'm going to try to scout for spots this weekend , but I'm always open for suggestions !
Posted By: I8RICE Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/23/04 06:09 PM
hey Allen i was planning on getting a cruise and meet together for my car club in the next few weeks so lets cordinate this all into one big outing, what do you think
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/23/04 11:42 PM
Hey hey, I no longer work weekends either!

Im down for anytime/place. So long as its not Chili's...my ex works there hahahaha
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/23/04 11:45 PM
Cain, go watch that movie!

The next two weekends are booked for me but after that I should be free.
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/24/04 04:02 AM
Supposing ther eisnt a rain delay this time, lol. I should be down for it. Im two hours closer to PA now that im at school. Im roughly 20 minutes fromt he PA border as apposed to 2-2 1/2 hours.

Let me know when and where.
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/24/04 04:10 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
Cain, go watch that movie!

Well......Chris........

No need to worry, leave it to Cain!

-didnt mean to cut you off on the phone, but you understand.....Its like getting a new car, just trying to see how much she can handle....you know the curves. wow, this is getting too deep. Too many brownies, make a brotha ramble on and on and on and on.....
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/24/04 04:22 AM
If it was further west, I'd consider driving up.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/24/04 04:31 AM
I got no class M/W/F so 4 day weekends means I can probably make it.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/25/04 05:10 PM
Cool to see there's at least some interest in another meet . Is everyone down with just a "meet & eat" , rather than a picnic or something like that ?? We've seen lately that the weather can change in a minute & mess up the plans .

I'm thinking a tentative meet date sometime in the October 16th-17th weekend ?? Any requests ?? Speak up !

I just remembered ... I set up a meet at the Outback restaurant in Lancaster that went over pretty well also (food for thought) .
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/26/04 06:14 AM
Make that 1 vote for the outback in lancaster. you are talking the one off rt 30 right?

That ones less then 4 miles from my house =)
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/27/04 02:39 AM
im down. im just horrible with directions.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/27/04 01:43 PM
Either date is fine with me.

Cain...LMAO!! No worries, it's all good!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/27/04 03:03 PM
i'll be there too!!
Posted By: SVT2059 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/27/04 08:27 PM
I'd definately be up for something in the KofP area.
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/27/04 08:30 PM
That weekend works perfectly for me, and I'd be down for something in the KoP area as well. Always liked Dick Clarks, but there are tons of restaurants in the area to choose from.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 12:41 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for the restaurants in the KofP complex ?? The Bandstand Grill had/has a nice , seperate parking lot (separate from the "mall-proper" , that is) . I haven't been to the KofP mall in quite a while ... we could make it SATURDAY , that way the mall is open later for a look-around after lunch . Whatcha think ??
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 10:07 AM
KofP = King of Prussia. Just wanted to clarify for the NY/NJ people so they know what we're talking about.

That's cool with me. Saturday is fine also. I've been to the KofP mall but don't remember seeing the Bandstand Grill? Where is it? I don't think I've ever gone all the way around the mall parking lot so maybe I missed it?

That's a bit closer for the NY guys too.
Posted By: SVT2059 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 01:43 PM
What about the Rock Bottom Brewerary or Bahama Breeze both of which are in the KofP area.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 02:16 PM
alright maybe i missed it, but what weekend are we doing this??! i might be able to get a couple of people from my area to go too!!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 02:47 PM

The weekend of the Oct. 16-17.
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 03:52 PM
Champps and Kildares are also in the KofP area.
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 07:32 PM
Im down but lets get the date set in stone so that i can take the time off work. School during week and working 10 hours a day saturday and sunday.... I need a break so the meet would be great!
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/28/04 10:36 PM
what town/county is this in or near. im bascially in white plains
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/29/04 01:17 AM
King of Prussia is in Montgomery County at the intersection of I-76, I-202, and I-422.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype=address&cat=&address=&city=King%20Of%20Prussia&state=PA&zipcode=&search=%20%20Search%20%20&searchtab=address

Reading is about 45 minutes northwest of there.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/29/04 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Bmonje:
Im down but lets get the date set in stone so that i can take the time off work. School during week and working 10 hours a day saturday and sunday.... I need a break so the meet would be great!

I'm thinking saturday the 16th for the KofP meet ... is that cool w/everyone ??

All of the restaurant suggestions sound good to me . I'm pretty green to that area & haven't eaten at any of them , so we'll have to figure out which one we're doing .

Posted By: I8RICE Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/29/04 12:22 PM
is anybody down for a cruise and hitting up a haunted house type of thing
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/29/04 11:43 PM
The 16th is good for me too.

Here are a few menu's of some of the restaurants that were mentioned, maybe that will help narrow it down. I couldn't find one for Kildare's.

Dick Clark's Bandstand Grill

Bahama Breeze

Champps

Rock Bottom Brewery

Jason..when did you want to do the cruise/haunted house?

Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/30/04 03:23 AM
Kildare's menu b/c Luca couldn't find it.

http://www.kildarespub.com/kop_menu_lunch.htm
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/30/04 11:45 AM
Quote:

Dick Clark�s American Bandstand Grill, located at 10975 Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, Kansas ...

That's a heck of a haul for LUNCH !! I guess that one's out .
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/30/04 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
Quote:

Dick Clark�s American Bandstand Grill, located at 10975 Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, Kansas ...

I'm pretty sure it's no longer DCAB and I can't remember the new name for the life of me.

Another suggestion for the meet, after lunch all y'all can probably drive over to that gocart place in Oaks. It's like a 10 minute drive.

And I'm going to try to get off for this day.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/30/04 06:33 PM
Originally posted by TommySVT:
Kildare's menu b/c Luca couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Quote:

Yeah, I guess so!

Alright, that's what I get for trying to post while I have a migraine! I do admit I never checked the address for the Bandstand Grill. Got me.
Posted By: SVT2059 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 09/30/04 07:37 PM
so whats the day this is going to happen again?
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/01/04 01:21 AM
Saturday the 16th of October , exact time yet to be determined .
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/01/04 03:42 AM
i dont think im going to be able to get there im still a new driver
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/01/04 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Syd:
i dont think im going to be able to get there im still a new driver

Where in New York are yah. Just drive down to where I am and we can go out together. I'll keep yah safe
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/01/04 06:44 PM
im in westchester rite next to white plains
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/01/04 07:37 PM
How 'bout around noon on the 16th?

Bmonje, you still have my number?
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/01/04 10:59 PM

Noon on the 16th sounds good to me .
Now we just have to decide WHERE .
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/02/04 05:59 AM

Noon on the 16th sounds good to me .
Now we just have to decide WHERE .

Maryland!

All kidding aside, I think we'll round up a few guys and drive up. The further west the better for us.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/02/04 06:10 PM
just how many people are planning on coming??? im deft. driving down!!!
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/03/04 07:56 PM
so are you gona meet up with me or not ( to the person that volunteered to bring me lol)
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/04/04 12:10 AM
so are you gona meet up with me or not ( to the person that volunteered to bring me lol)

im in westchester rite next to white plains

Yeah I will meet up with you, where you want to meet up. As long as you dont mean meet up in Westchester...

Bmonje, you still have my number?

Yeah I still got it, I assume it hasent changed and the last 2 numbers are 54?

Im on vaca from school right now so i will tell work as soon as i get back that im not working the 16th. So yeah Im defenatly in on this late season meet up.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/04/04 02:05 PM
Bmonje...that's the correct number.

Here are a few more restaurants at the mall: TGI Friday's, Bennigan's, and Friendly's.

Bennigan's

Friendly's

TGI Friday's

Pete, are you coming up?? It would be great to see you again!
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/04/04 02:16 PM
Preferably not friendlys, i eat there (No joke) every day. We have one on campus and we just use our meal plan there. So im kinda sick of that, but if everyone else wants friendlys then im game. The friendlys on campus and the real ones are actually quite different so, which ever.
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/04/04 02:34 PM
tappan zee bridge
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/04/04 02:45 PM

Late - I get off work at 3pm so I won't be getting back into Pennsy til around 4ish.
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/04/04 04:34 PM
anytime is good for me guys.

Chknhwk: Bring yoru 'tour i wanna check out your carbon fiber finish cover. If you have any extra lying around bring one maybe ill buy it from yah
Posted By: Monstour Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/05/04 12:12 AM
Of coarse when we finally get a nice size meet together its on the weekend i have to work, welp maybe next year
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/05/04 10:50 AM
I was waiting for you post, Andre. Sorry you can't make it!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/05/04 07:18 PM
that sucks im driving from auburn, rochester isnt too far we couldve driven down at the same time...
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/05/04 10:43 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
that sucks im driving from auburn, rochester isnt too far we couldve driven down at the same time...

Yo, I live in Canandaigua, right now im down in Alfred NY for school. We should meet up and get our drive on
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 03:16 AM
how about we weet on the tappan zee bridge and race on it.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 11:55 AM
Originally posted by chknhwk:

Late - I get off work at 3pm so I won't be getting back into Pennsy til around 4ish.

My bad , I guess ... I looked a couple posts back & I see that Christine & I had discussed having the meet at noon .
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 12:58 PM
Probably later would be better depending on who is driving down from NY. If it means more people coming im down for later. Either way early or later Im game!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 02:34 PM
Leave it to John to make us change the time! j/k

How about we meet around 3:30 - 4 o'clock then?

We still need to decide where to meet....

Choose the restaurant

Rock Bottom Brewery Rock Bottom Brewery
Bahama Breeze Bahama Breeze
TGI Friday's TGI Friday's
Champp's Champp's
Bennigan's Bennigan's
Kildare's Kildare's

Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 04:24 PM
...im not voting
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 04:47 PM
Originally posted by MyCaiNsBroK3N:
...im not voting

You're still coming aren't you??

Since that was really the only thing that we haven't figured out I thought maybe that would get things going.
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 05:32 PM
...did someone say wet t-shirt contest?

...so far i plan to, but my plans change on the daily. I want to though.
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 08:16 PM
I'm still in.. Don't really care where we end up, as long as I can find it.

If someone can PM me a few days before the meet so I don't forget, I don't get on here as much these days.. Thanks!
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/06/04 11:36 PM
omfg is somone going to help me out or not set up a location and we go thanx in advance lmao
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 03:27 AM
omfg is somone going to help me out or not set up a location and we go thanx in advance lmao

Ill meet up with youw hen you get down to this area, If you want.
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 02:15 PM
Ive never been to any of those places. So one is just as good as the next as far as im conserned, I have been to Fridays, anywhere we go im down. My friend Greg is going to come down with me, he doesnt drive a tour but he never misses a chance to see cars.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 03:04 PM
hey bmonje... let me know when you want to leave...i drive down there all the time(family) so i figure it'll take about 4.5 to 5 hours...we should def. get our drive on!!!!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 03:06 PM
hey do you think we can get a list of whos going, just curious to the number of people going:
tour96se
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 04:15 PM
1. Tour96se
2. Bmonje
3. Luca

Tour, how do you get down to PA do you take 390 down. Cuase im like right on the intersection of 390 and 17/86 west. If so we can meet up down there. Send me a PM and we will figure out where to meet up.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 06:27 PM
So far:
1. Tour96se
2. Bmonje
3. Luca
4. Allen
5. Cartman
6. Cain
7. SVT2059
8. TommySVT (?)
9. Checker'd SVT (?)
10. Syd
11. LancasterTour
12. SVT Pete (?)

John (Chknhwk) isn't going to make it. He's got to work late. So... do ya'll still want to have the meet at noon as originally planned??
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 07:02 PM
I'll let you know on Friday if I can make it. I forgot to request off from work that day.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 09:08 PM
sorry bmonje pm's not working for some reason??? from auburn i get on 81 south and go striaght.... if you want to meet somewere let me know, i dont mind going out of my way a little bit your a little more familiar with the directions from here then i am... i just moved up here a couple of months ago
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 10:19 PM
So far:
1. Tour96se
2. Bmonje
3. Luca
4. Allen
5. Cartman
6. Cain
7. SVT2059
8. TommySVT (?)
9. Checker'd SVT (?)
10. Syd
11. LancasterTour
12. SVT Pete (?)

John (Chknhwk) isn't going to make it. He's got to work late. So... do ya'll still want to have the meet at noon as originally planned??

I hate my job.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/07/04 11:42 PM

I hate my job.

I know you do!
I'm really sorry that you can't make it, it would have been nice to see you again.

Hope you can make it Tom!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 12:17 AM
Unfortunately, you can remove me from the list. Too many personal issues/problems right now.

Have fun everyone.
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 12:59 AM
You might have to remove me again! My boss already made next weeks schedule and i cant get the day off. im looking right now for some one to cover my shift. I have 2 people left to talk to. *CROSSES FINGERS!!*

I can get out of work sunday, just not saturday/....
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Bmonje:

I can get out of work sunday, just not saturday/....

I know it's a little late but Sunday is actually better for me too. I get out of work around 3:00 on Sunday... Just an idea or suggestion...
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 03:54 AM
hey chicken hawk, your amount of posts is the same as the year of my car. So no more posting for you!

EDIT: Yeah i mean if you guys want to change it to sunday that would be cool, but im still trying to get out of working saturday. By all means if no one wants to change the date then just do it and ill catch the next one. I think ive said that before...
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 04:04 AM
My thought process on this ...
The reason I picked saturday versus sunday was mainly so we can meet up & still have plenty of time to check out the mall while we're there , rather than meeting up & rushing around to see a couple stores just in time for the mall to close . Besides , saturday just works better for me .

As for the noon versus later idea ... I think we ought to meet up during the "lunch hours" so that (a) it's during the warmest part of the day (b) we can take advantage of the lunch menu (c) so there's plenty of time to cruise the mall after our meet (d) so that it's not late as heck getting back home (it's my anniversary ) (e) that timeframe has always worked best for past meets .

That's my input . I'd like to have several lunch/dinner meets this fall/winter , so if you can't make this one , there will be more to come . Maybe even one closer to your home (or mine , for that matter) . We have a pretty good group here , we ought to take advantage of it .
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 04:46 AM
My thought process
That's my input . I'd like to have several lunch/dinner meets this fall/winter , so if you can't make this one , there will be more to come . Maybe even one closer to your home (or mine , for that matter) . We have a pretty good group here , we ought to take advantage of it .

My thoughts exactly. My thought process was, if I do end up missing this one Im sure there will be more, and hell maybe we can all meet up and drive down to SZ '05 together //Crosses fingers\\
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 02:45 PM
I'm with you.. Saturday at lunchtime is best for me as well. Have we decided on a place to eat at yet?
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 03:41 PM
Saturday at lunchtime is best for me also.

Bmonje, hopefully you can find someone to work for you!! If not, Tour96se will you still be coming? Maybe you and Syd can meet up for the drive??
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 05:39 PM
Sat @ noon, yea that should work. I really don't care where we eat since I turned 21 a bit ago. Whats the deal with that brewery place? Is their food decent?
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/08/04 05:47 PM
Originally posted by LancasterTour:
Sat @ noon, yea that should work. I really don't care where we eat since I turned 21 a bit ago. Whats the deal with that brewery place? Is their food decent?

If you guys go to a brewery and i miss it ill be so sad, of course i am only 19. But that hanst stopped me yet!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/09/04 12:46 PM
It looks to me as if it's not really a brewery ... just a restaurant with a brew-pub theme . Looks good though .

I did , however , have some info floating around here somewhere for the Yeungling brewery ....
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/09/04 04:33 PM
yeah im still going!!!! hey syd if you want to meet up with me let me know im not sure were you are??? im up in syracuse, so to get to pa i would take 81s to 17/86 to the turnpike.... if you want to figure something out email me at tour96se@hotmail.com......also the earlier the meet the better!!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/11/04 02:59 PM
alright just to be sure were exac. are we doing this and what time? so i know what time to leave in the morning and were im going!!
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/11/04 04:10 PM
I can't make it. I have to work till 4pm.
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/11/04 06:35 PM
Ok its official. I will not be able to make it to the meet. The one guy who isnt working and would have taken my shift its his birthday saturday and so Im not even going to ask, eveyone told me he would say no.

Sorry guys. Take LOTS of pictures and Ill see all ya'll next time!!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 01:19 AM
OK , so I see that only 4 people have voiced their opinion (on LUCA's poll) as to where we will be meeting . Anyone else ??
So far the Rock Bottom Brewery is in the lead with 2 votes . As of now , that's where we're meeting . It's near the Sears store in the mall . I'd imagine they have a door right to the parking lot . We can (hopefully) find a corner nice & far away from everyone elses doors to park & shoot the stuff without fear of damage . If need be , to accomplish this , we'll find another spot to park , then walk to the restaurant to eat . Dent-free parking is paramount in my book . I've gone so far without a dent , I don't want to start now .

Thoughts on this ??
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 01:29 AM
Here's the list as I see it so far . Correct me if the list is wrong (or if it changes) .

1) Tour96se
2) LUCA
3) me
4) Cartman
5) the Cain-man
6) SVT2059 (Al)
7) Checkr'd SVT
8) Syd
9) LancasterTour

How's that ?
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 01:40 AM
To answer the question of where & when ...
NOON on OCTOBER 16th
The tentative location (if no objections , this is where it will be held - SPEAK UP if you have a major beef ) will be ...
The ROCK BOTTOM BREWERY RESTAURANT
Let's see if this mall map will work ...

The restaurant is spot # 34 , right next to Sears .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 12:00 PM
"Dent-free parking is paramount in my book."
Mine too!!

Rock Bottom is fine with me. See ya'll sat.!
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 12:10 PM
Parking for the Rock Bottom is plain ole mall parking, which is packed most of the time. Be forewarned, dentaphobics.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 12:37 PM
Parking for the Rock Bottom is plain ole mall parking, which is packed most of the time. Be forewarned, dentaphobics.

Dentaphobics!
Looks like we'll be walking from some remote location.

I'm sorry you can't make it!!
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 01:17 PM

Dentaphobics!
Looks like we'll be walking from some remote location.

I'm sorry you can't make it!!

That's the problem, there is no remote location in that area in the mall. The I-76 offramp is very close to there so that area is usually packed with cars on a Saturday.

I'm not trying to put a rainy day on your parade, I'm just trying to help all y'all out.
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 03:28 PM
Ah, this was the old Brew Moon, right? Yeah, parking is a major PITA, but we can always park in some other area and walk to the place.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/12/04 11:01 PM
Good stuff =)

Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/13/04 12:55 AM
IIRC , the parking lot for the former "American Bandstand Grill" is right near there (isn't it ?) . They have their own little parking lot , we could park there & walk over to the restaurant . It's usually more empty at the far end of their lot . I'm still not sure about the new name of that joint . I even wrote an e-mail to KofP customer service asking for the name & never got a response . Even if we meet up at the lot near Rock Bottom & then move to a "safer" location once everyone arrives ... I'm down with that .
Posted By: SVT2059 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/13/04 06:18 PM
You can always park those that aren't dentaphobics on the inside, with those less concerned about dents on the outside....

Call it a Contour sandwich...

BTW - wait til you see my new Anti-Ding technology...

Al
Posted By: TommySVT_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/13/04 07:04 PM
Originally posted by SVT2059:

BTW - wait til you see my new Anti-Ding technology...

Al

Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/13/04 11:48 PM
That sounds like a plan too .
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/14/04 02:24 PM
I may have to bail, I should know for sure by tomorrow.. Damn work crap..
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/14/04 03:08 PM
just wondering if any of you guys going happen to have some 95-97 front corners lenses? i cleared mine..looked good..then i got the bright idea to "frost" them...well i broke one and they turned out like sh%&!!! all the junkyards up here want 24-25 dollars apiece!!! if anyone has them just bring them please
Posted By: SVT2059 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/15/04 01:25 AM
Okay I drove by KoP today on my way to Oaks, PA

Dick Clarke's Bandstand is now a Ruth Chris's Steak House big $$$$ for lunch.

Another thing - esp if it might rain is the middle layer of the parking deck near nordstroms... and we'd walk the mall to get to Rock Bottom...

aL
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/15/04 01:51 AM
Thanks for the heads-up , Al . I was curious what it was called now . The parking garage is a good idea too . If it's raining , we'll meet at the Rock bottom lot & then move to the garage once everyone's there , since we're pretty much ready to go .
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/15/04 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Cartman Reincarnated:

Sujeet ... you can't bail on us . We won't allow it !
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/15/04 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Cartman Reincarnated:

Sujeet ... you can't bail on us . We won't allow it !

I've been entertaining a client from St. Louis for the past 2 night.. He wanted to see Philadelphia, so I gave him the tour, and ended up in Old City for dinner tonight - Had a killer steak at Plough & The Stars! $80 dinner, on the good ole' expense account.

It's not looking good though, Allen. Sorry, I know I bailed on you guys last time.. And this was supposed to be the perfect date, since my g/f was supposed to be out of town this weekend too.

We'll see what happens tomorrow, I'll keep you guys posted.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/15/04 09:59 PM
Thanks for swinging by there Al! Moving to the parking garage is a great idea.

Syd..tour96se is trying to reach you via PM. Hope you'll still be able to make it!

Cartman...no, no, no you can't bail on us again! Hope you'll be there!

Cain...where are you? You better be there too!

Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 01:56 AM
Any confirm-o on anyone who hasn't replied in a while ?? NY guys still comin' ?? Cell #'s exchanged (just in case) ?? Everyone's still on ?? I am ... rain or shine !
Posted By: Korfu Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 02:03 AM
Im praying that work burns down overnight and i will be able to make it. Everone remember your cameras so i can see what i missed out on.
Posted By: ZX2 S/R Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 03:05 AM
the King of Prussia mall? depending when it is ill stop in its like 24min from me
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 01:26 PM
I'll be there!

ZX2 S/R...to save you from reading many posts, the meet is today at noon at the mall. Lunch is at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Hope to see you there!!
Edit: We're meeting over by the Rock Bottom, between Sears and Nordstrom's.
Posted By: R_G Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 01:39 PM
Daym, I am on call today (and for another 3 weeks), sorry I can't make it.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 01:43 PM
Originally posted by R_G:
Daym, I am on call today (and for another 3 weeks), sorry I can't make it.

Next time!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 01:49 PM
See ya'll in a couple hours !
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 02:52 PM
Change of plans, so I'm on my way! See you guys in a few!
Posted By: ZX2 S/R Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/16/04 10:06 PM
cool meet guys. I had fun

got to race a IS300, M3 and a 99 v6 stang on the say home lol

m3- i know, i had not chance in hell, just loved seeing it go. afterwards he compaire it to the race in Meet the Parents lol

v6- think it was an auto cuz i was pulling hard only downing to 4th

is300 - i only got to run 1st adn 2nd gear cuz of traffice but we managed to stay even (think IS300 is like a 15.3 or something????)
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 12:20 AM
We had a great time!
Glad that you could make it Sujeet! It was nice meeting you, Chris and Keith.

Pictures: King of Prussia meet
Posted By: ZX2 S/R Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 12:26 AM
Keith, its all goood. nice pics
Posted By: Cartman Reincarnated Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 12:30 AM
The pictures look great! Glad I could make it too.. No fun races on the way back home for me, just tons of traffic.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 12:42 AM
We had a great time today as well . It was good to see everyone again & seeing some new faces as well . We didn't have a fun runs on the way home ... just lots of rain . At least it stopped raining in time for me to put my ramps down & back 'er into the garage . Now I must wash it again !

My pictures from today ARE HERE .

I really hate to torture Christine (by taking candid shots of her) , but I get a kick out of her reactions , and she's such a good sport about it . Thanks for humoring me , Christine !

BTW - your pics look great , Christine
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 01:17 AM
Glad you guys made it home OK. Chris (tour96se) you get home OK?

"I really hate to torture Christine by taking candid shots of her". I think you enjoy torturing me.

Had I known you were going to take a picture of my latest injury I would have done my nails!

Check your PM's Allen.
Posted By: Syd_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 01:46 AM
[censored] man i was gona go but the plans were not working in my favour
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 02:05 AM

Had I known you were going to take a picture of my latest injury I would have done my nails!

LMFAO !!

SYD - sorry you couldn't make it . Poor Chris drove down alone ... don't that make ya feel bad (just kidding , just kidding !) . Maybe you can make another one of our meets later . Don't fret it .
Posted By: SVT2059 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 02:19 AM
Nice to see everyone again - I wish some of the scooby meets were as nice as this... Most of them want to meet only late at night.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 02:42 AM
Good seeing you again Al!
We missed you Bmonje, Syd, Pete and John!
Cain.. where were you?? We missed you too.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 03:18 AM
Looks like a good time. Sorry I missed it. I have too many small issues with my car and don't trust it to make it that far and back. I'll be sure to try and make the next one though.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 12:40 PM
i had a good time looking forward to doing it again sometime...just wondering if someone can tell me how to take a couple of those pics you guys took and attach them, so when i make a post the link comes up so you can see what my car looks like....something like that...hopefully someone knows what im talking about
Posted By: R_G Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/17/04 04:41 PM
Go to "My Home," then click on "Personal information, email, password, etc." EDIT, then go to "Basic Profile," then scroll down to "Signature," then using the UBB or HTML code type in your URL link. If you don't have your personal web page u can use some free pix hosting sites, like Fototime or something, or u can simply use the Registry page of this site.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/18/04 04:18 AM
I'm on WEBSHOTS , which is a good website , but won't allow direct linking ,so I've got to "link" to them , instead of showing the actual picture . There are others , like snapfish & fototime & the like also . I don't know if they allow direct linking or not . Also , some internet providers give you a certain amount of webspace for stuff like that when you use their service . Heck , even AO-Hell does that .
Once you found a place to store 'em , right-click on the image & click on "properties" to get the URL for the pic you're gonna use , then just use the "IMAGE" link below to show 'em . It's easy .

You were talking about putting a pic. in a post ... right ??
Posted By: Checker'd SVT Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/19/04 01:14 AM
Sorry for the delay, here are my pics....

Pics
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/19/04 01:26 AM
Lots of good pics there , Brian ... except for all those pics of ME !!
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/23/04 04:40 PM

Allen, you don't have a good side anyway so don't sweat it.

Maybe I'll be able to make the next one! (Wait, haven't I been saying that for like 9 months now??) Anyway, I'm going to post my schedule at the beginning of the year so we can plan accordingly.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/23/04 08:24 PM
Anyway, I'm going to post my schedule at the beginning of the year so we can plan accordingly.

That's a good idea!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/24/04 02:51 AM

Allen, you don't have a good side anyway so don't sweat it.

Maybe I'll be able to make the next one! (Wait, haven't I been saying that for like 9 months now??) Anyway, I'm going to post my schedule at the beginning of the year so we can plan accordingly.

Yea , post your schedule ... so I know when you can't make it ... PUNK !! LOL . I'll be sure to get some "good" shots of YOU at the next meet you can make . We haven't seen ya in a while ... where ya hiding ?
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/28/04 06:19 PM
Mostly work and open track/driver's education events.

I spent four days at Mid-Ohio, one or two days at Summit Point, four days at BeaveRun and two days at VIR this year. Rest of the time I've been on that retarded rotating shift schedule that I love to hate so much.

Got rid of all my check engine lights in the 'tour so I'm hoping to get it dynoed again soon. That's good.
Just dropped a little over $2k on the Cobra in goodies so I'm looking forward to next year! It's going to start getting difficult to decide which car to take to the track... <evil grin>

EDIT: 2000 posts, bi-otch!!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 10/29/04 02:14 PM
Driver's education, you mean someone is finally teaching you to drive??!! LMAO! j/k

Yeah, no more CEL's for Puff!

Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 11/13/04 05:51 PM
Driver's education, you mean someone is finally teaching you to drive??!! LMAO! j/k

Up yours woman! Ha ha!
CEL's back. Ugh. This thing'll never run right!
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 11/13/04 05:57 PM
Godda-

Just get a bike!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: LOCAL MEET !! - 11/13/04 08:03 PM

Up yours woman! Ha ha!
CEL's back. Ugh. This thing'll never run right!

Well, you did kinda set yourself up for that one!

Not again (CEL light)!

LOL! Yeah, get a bike!
© CEG Archives