Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Zainoed!! - 11/14/05 10:43 PM
No pics yet....but the MSM got scrubbed up, rubbed down with the clay bar, spot polished (with 3M imperial hand glaze) to blend out some very light scuffing I found, Z1, and Z5. Once complete, she got hit with the Zaino spray, put back in the garage and covered. I'll wait a few days and begon layering on the Z2. I'd like to get 2-3 coats on before it gets put into hibernation.

I was amazed by what came off on the clay bar....maybe a little scared. But now it's like glass and nearly swirl free now, keeping in mind I'm almost OCD when it comes down to keeping the car clean.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Zainoed!! - 11/14/05 11:15 PM
Some quick pics from this past weekend, pre-Zaino.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Zainoed!! - 11/15/05 12:08 AM
if only my black paint was as shiney as that
Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: Zainoed!! - 11/15/05 01:13 AM
Sweet Pics!!!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Zainoed!! - 11/15/05 02:25 AM
the LO looks great!
Posted By: GoodSki411 Re: Zainoed!! - 11/15/05 08:30 PM
Originally posted by cruises8:
Sweet Pics!!!

Ditto! I love how the orange looks next to the blue sky/water!
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Zainoed!! - 11/16/05 12:19 AM
Thanks every one. She got the first coat of Z2 this afternoon, the wheels got waxed (Baco you know what a PITA that is!!), the muffler was painted black and the engine got detailed.

She's getting ready for next year!!
Posted By: rouar Re: Zainoed!! - 11/16/05 01:14 AM
What an interesting color ... from the photos, it almost looks like a different shade of T-red, the way it shines. Looking good!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Zainoed!! - 11/16/05 01:23 PM
definitely, the 04 wheels seem so much easier to clean than the 05 wheels.

mayzie's sitting in the garage now waiting for the weather to clear a bit! hopefully i can have a warmer weekend for some wash and wax.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Zainoed!! - 11/16/05 02:48 PM
I didn't expect another opportunity to drive the car again this year, but it looks like Friday will be nice and the weekend should be ok. I have a meeting in Framingham on Friday, I just might take her back out.

Hopefully in the nest few weekends I can get a can of Lava orange paint to finish the calipers, I'll hit the rotor hats with some high temp aluminm paint, clean and wax the insides of the rims and detail the wheel wells and suspension during the winter.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Zainoed!! - 11/16/05 09:36 PM
Coat number 2 of Z2 and all of the windows are rain-xed. This car looks sooooo deep!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Zainoed!! - 11/17/05 01:35 AM
Originally posted by SVT:
Coat number 2 of Z2 and all of the windows are rain-xed. This car looks sooooo deep!

man i thought I was crazy!

how much your zaino kist cost ya? and what was included?
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Zainoed!! - 11/17/05 01:44 AM
I picked up a bottle of Z1 (Show Car Polish Lok), Z2(Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes), Z5 (Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches), Z6 (Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray), which comes with a free applicator. With shipping it came to $60. I already had the Z7 (Show Car Wash) and claybar.

But this supply will likely last into 2007.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Zainoed!! - 11/17/05 03:41 AM
Originally posted by SVT:
I picked up a bottle of Z1 (Show Car Polish Lok), Z2(Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes), Z5 (Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches), Z6 (Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray), which comes with a free applicator. With shipping it came to $60. I already had the Z7 (Show Car Wash) and claybar.

But this supply will likely last into 2007.

sweet, i'll get the whole kit in the spring
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Zainoed!! - 11/17/05 01:49 PM
Ryan, the car is looking kick-a$$.

After buying my Mazda3, I have been trying to get Lisa into buying the MazdaSpeed Miata...She likes it but is concerned about the whole "family" aspect of it .. errrr....lack of family aspect of it. lol!

I love the car kid - and we all know you'll enjoy it to its max!
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Zainoed!! - 11/17/05 02:12 PM
Thanks Hugo! I actually bought it down in Newport at Aquidneck/Mazda of Newport/Autocenter...whatever name they go by. They offered the best deal on the '05 and it was the color I wanted.

We worried about the same thing, but we figured if worse comes to worse, the resale is awesome so I don't ever anticipate being upside down on it. We could always sell it in a pinch. Mazdas offering some good deals on the RX8, if you can get past the mpg and oil consumption.

Good to hear from you!
Posted By: rouar Re: Zainoed!! - 11/17/05 10:28 PM
Saw the car in person today ("Ryan! Wait up!" ) .. WOW does it shine, even in twilight was like looking at an orange mirror. It's an interesting color too.
Posted By: MAZDASPEED Re: Zainoed!! - 11/17/05 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Saw the car in person today ("Ryan! Wait up!" ) .. WOW does it shine, even in twilight was like looking at an orange mirror. It's an interesting color too.

I did give poor Matty a work out! Good to see you! Tanks for the compliments and good luck with the studying!
Posted By: baco99 Re: Zainoed!! - 11/18/05 03:28 AM
that are the bomb! you should get one. plenty of room for the kids in the trunk.

© CEG Archives