Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Paint Job - 03/10/04 06:26 PM
its time for me to start looking for a place to get a paint job for my 99 Mystique. I dont want to do a color change and these would only be a minor crack in my front bumper to fix. Does anyone know where i should take my car to get it painted and anyone know a rough price? any help would be great thanks

Trevor
Posted By: mmars_dup1 Re: Paint Job - 03/13/04 01:37 AM
Depends on the paint. But your probably looking at $1500-$2000 for a paint job.

--Matt
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Paint Job - 03/27/04 07:15 PM

that sounds a little steep. I know absolutely nothing about paint, but I've seen advertisements for places like Maaco for like $250 a coat.

if that sounded very n00bish, sorry, as stated I know nothing about paint/paintjobs.
Posted By: outkast Re: Paint Job - 03/27/04 08:41 PM
no lower than $1000 for a good paint job!
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Re: Paint Job - 03/28/04 05:25 AM
yea i doubt a macco job would last for more than a summer. my front bumbper has been hit 3 times in a parking lot at school so its all scratched and i took of the ding guards and i have some racing strips i hope to get the car painted in a month or 2. any good places anyone knows about around the A.A. county area?

thanks guys
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: Paint Job - 03/28/04 06:10 AM
weve gone over this before. Maaco does a [censored] job. if youre on a budget and you have something fugly to cover use them. if you want it nice put down the money. 1200 is a good price w/sand and clear at a good body shop. 1500 up for better paints
Posted By: outkast Re: Paint Job - 03/28/04 04:17 PM
A.A. county!Go to the car show at pep boys on richie!
I,am sure you can get some ideas of a good shop from
one of guys.Its april 10,and its near you
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Paint Job - 04/11/04 09:45 PM
damnit...that's right up the road from me, and it was yesterday...gotta start poppin in more regularly again...sorry, just had to vent...

as for the Maaco deal, I figured a cheapass paintjob would be pretty bad, but I can't imagine my poor college-bound self paying $1500 to change the color of my car, when chances are it'll get scratched/dinged/keyed very shortly afterwards.
Posted By: JPick Re: Paint Job - 04/16/04 12:58 PM
If you decide to go to Maaco, know that the quality varies with the particular location. I have seen some pretty good results with the College Park, MD location with the clearcoat (about $850) and the best single stage ($450?) paint jobs, particularly if you do some of the preparation. Go to the location, look at some of the finished product and talk to the manager. Avoid the Marlow Heights location. My two cents. John
© CEG Archives