Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 07:06 AM
Yes, T.T. stands for Twin-Turbo. We started the project tonight. We cut my front bumper up and made the necessary mods we had to make for the intercooler to fit, and it is sooo sexy. Actually makes the car look very wide! Now we have to take it back off and strip it all down, mold the edges up nice and smooth and then spray. I will be at spring-zing this year with the front end done and the rollcage done. Chances are the Twin turbo's will not be functionable by then, but hopefully we'll have them mounted. It all depends on how business at the shop goes. Right now we are pretty busy and don't have much time to work on our own stuff, so we'll try to get as much done as we can with the Mystique. Just thought I'd let you all know:) No pictures will be displayed until SZ05:)
Say bye bye to the old front end...
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 07:13 AM
Man you are in for alot of work. What is your plan of attack for this. I'm not gonna say its impossible, but why realy? Good luck though . Your gonna be sufocating that radiator, its gonna need some extra air vents, maybe through the fog lights.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 07:41 AM
Wow, dude. That's awesome! I never expected to see this. I really hope this somehow works. You're one of the few people on this forum that I wouldn't just roll my eyes at with this idea. I mean look at that 'stique! Good Luck!
Posted By: gotapex Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 08:34 AM
Awesome! What size turbos are you going with?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 10:33 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
but why realy?

because he can, thats why!

hes definitely got the connections to make the necessary body mods. I hope it all works out!
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
...I hope it all works out!

I do too!

...Also, what are you doing for the trans.?
Posted By: Stazi Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 01:52 PM
I guess it's bye-bye A/C, hello custom radiator and a lot of creative piping (= lots of lag).

I'd like to see how close that front turbo will get to the radiator , and the heat from the rear one is gonna be roasting that firewall.

Good luck this is going to be a major PITA, which in the end probably won't gain anything over the tried and trued single turbo setup. The only gain I see is the "WOW" factor.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
The only gain I see is the "WOW" factor.

Which I would think is HUGE on a show car like Dean's! Good luck Dean, can't wait to meet you at SZ and check out the Mystique!

Mark
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 02:25 PM
I wonder what kind of FWHP numbers he's shooting for... 500 maybe? Should be interesting.

(thinking I gotta put together a proper time table for my poject before somebody beats me to it...)
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 03:17 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I wonder what kind of FWHP numbers he's shooting for... 500 maybe?

I doubht 500FWHP. The highest we(on CEG)'ve seen is 401FWHP, with a T3/4 turbo on a 2.5L. Twin Turbos don't give double the horsepower. 500FWHP is pretty much out of the question with the automatic transmission.

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 03:59 PM
Whoa, I forgot he's auto.....I'd doubt it'd hold more than 300whp before scattering itself.

Man that's gonna be tighter than I orignally thought!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 04:11 PM
Having rebuilt a CD4E, I can tell you that it's failing points are simply due to Ford being cheap! Compitently rebuilt, the tranny should be able to hold plenty ... 500HP ... hell NO! 400HP ... maybe ... 300HP definitely.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 04:31 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Having rebuilt a CD4E, I can tell you that it's failing points are simply due to Ford being cheap! Compitently rebuilt, the tranny should be able to hold plenty ... 500HP ... hell NO! 400HP ... maybe ... 300HP definitely.

Ford cheap? No?!?!?

on a side note Good luck on your endeavor Dean!
Posted By: dutchie_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 04:35 PM
It should be fun wedging two turbos in there. Good luck and keep us updated. Should sound interesting when it is done.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 06:00 PM
you are in for a lot of creative work to make it all fit let me know if i can help.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 10:48 PM
I have a few big hammers, a cutting torch, a new TIG welder... and an O.C.C. skull cap that helps me channel Paul Jr.'s fabrication abilities. Let me know if you need any help. Have tools, will travel.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/30/05 11:40 PM
Hope it works, espicially by SZ. like people have said it may be pointless but who cares, i don't know anyone with a TT Contique

~Alex
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/31/05 01:55 AM
just for the wow factor is hardly worth the thou$ands of dollars and hours. its just something that i feel like doing. i feel it will put this car over the edge. i'm not going to be ready by SZ, but the car will be driveable, it has to be because im driving it there! the intercooler is already in and the new bumper lines are finished and fit perfect. as far as tranny goes... probably going to level-ten it.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/31/05 02:09 AM
you may want to contact turbo tom over on focaljet. hes running an aftermarket atx. Granted they use a different bellhousing, they may be able to do something for you.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/31/05 02:36 AM
Lentech.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/31/05 03:27 AM
Cant wait to see it at Sz
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/31/05 03:29 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Cant wait to see it at Sz

Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/31/05 04:27 PM
Hehehe, I'm having visions of him having the turbos mounted outboard of the fenders like the engines on a private jet. WHOOOSH.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 03/31/05 07:02 PM
He has a different tranny in mind for the future...can't remember what he wanted though..t-?
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 03:39 AM
why not just convert to MTX?

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 05:23 AM
What do I have done to the engine?
- Not much as of now, see performance section above. I'm planning on doing a level-ten racing tranny first, then going absolutely insane with the motor, fuel system, including twin turbo and possibly a supercharger, NOS, and all the other stuff I need to smoke everything else on the road... and if you see all the mods i did to the car so far, you will realize I'm serious!.

straight from his site.

to smoke everything on the road...
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Russell-3L:

You may want to do some reading up on Dean first.

Gl though, should be cool. Alot of sweat and blood will be lost becasue of it.
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Hehehe, I'm having visions of him having the turbos mounted outboard of the fenders like the engines on a private jet. WHOOOSH.

lol, don't think the thought hasnt crossed my mind, but then id scrape them on the walls when i go to the bank or the mcdonalds drive thru lol. i will admit that a hood mod is probably going to be a MUST. if spring-zing was later in the summer, i would tear into the hood right now, but i have to try to keep this car in a close-to-running condition so if all of a sudden the shop gets toooo busy to work on our own stuff, i can just button it up as-is and drive it. as you can imagine, i dont want to cut into the body too much, so its gonna take some skilled piping and then we gotta send the piping out to get chromed (and engraved).
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 12:38 PM

hmmmmmmmmmm, i would if i could
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 02:11 PM
might be easier to fit this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7965205741&category=33615

and convert to RWD.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:

good luck with the build.....do it for yourself and screw the rest of them.....some people have to remember that not everything is done for the totall HP gain....some show cars are TT'd just for the oooohahhhh factor....just do it.....
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 08:09 PM
I give you props man...VERY IMPRESSED on what you have done so far. Good luck with everything...
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/01/05 09:29 PM

Holy Crap I would've tried to file a lawsuit angainst that guy who just pulled out simply to cause you to have an accident.

~Alex
Posted By: 99Mystique ATX Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/05/05 07:35 PM
Dean, your ride is awesome! That color is sweet...

I see you're located in NY, there are a few other CEG'ers in NY and we've had a couple meets this year already. Take a look in the Northeast section if you get a chance. Im sure the car is probably torn apart now, but we will probably have some meets over the summer.

Oh yea, Mystique + SVT front bumper + Molded in Mirko =
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/07/05 02:00 AM
he's a downstater.....they dont travel to our neck of the woods...except to hunt and go to their summer homes
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/07/05 11:31 AM
Originally posted by tour96se:
he's a downstater.....they dont travel to our neck of the woods...except to hunt and go to their summer homes

yeehaw there 96se, ya'll be up in 'der stix of York? lol
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/07/05 01:27 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:

yeehaw there 96se, ya'll be up in 'der stix of York? lol

........ummmmmmm,sure, although i dont see too many "stix" around..
Posted By: 99Mystique ATX Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/12/05 10:53 PM
C'mon guys, play nice!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/13/05 12:06 AM
Not partial to the color green but I do like the green on your car Dean, its not a everyday green color, if you get what I'm saying. Good luck on the install.
Posted By: fordrule Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/18/05 11:23 PM
awesome idea , a lot of use have pondered it and never tackled it. most of the trend is going towards single turbo .

the mazda6 post

for y'all that some times wander over at fastcougar.

there was this post over there, the pics i posted on there were from a TT mazda6 3L fastcougar twin turbo
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: T.T. setup has begun... - 04/23/05 02:34 AM
Wow, I can't wait to see this, and to just see your car in person at SZ! I was just wodnering the other day where you were Dean, hadn't seen you around much. The Stique still looks hot. I find it almost funny how some people seem to think you're fairly new to the site, lol.
© CEG Archives