Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
so yeah, im out shopping for new rims, i had my eyes set on some, but they couldn't find a lugnut pattern for them! So i tried a different place and asked them to look up rims for my lugnut pattern, they tried to get me to buy some gunmental ones with a darker gray color in the middle. But i really didn't like them, they we're from (ICW racing Kobe Style) but yeah.

does anyone have Eagle Rims on thier car? they have some with our bolt pattern and style 188 is starting to grow on me.

http://www.aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=78

??
What is the point in aftermarket (other than race wheels) 14" or 15" wheels?

Go with 17"s or bigger. And there are PLENTY out there. Just look for wheels that fit focuseses.
Stick with 17's. the ride is the best compromise between ultra soft and jar-your-head-off-your-body hard.

18's are just too big, from a performance perspective.

I think a nice set of 225/45/17's or close are the perfect tire, and rim size for handling in this car. (IMHO)

thanks for opinions!
Originally posted by guessclassic65:
thanks for opinions!

They are ugly...
The 14"'s will those work with my stock brakes or will i have to get the strut tower brace in the group buy to make them work?
Those were nice....in '91.
...meh
ok, obviosly i must need help..
show me what you guys like and send me some pictures of good focus rims or any other rims that fit our bolt pattern. 16" or 17".

thanks.
(or just post your own and tell me what brand you have)

help me out!
Originally posted by RawBurt:
thanks for opinions!

They are ugly...

thanks
ok, obviosly i must need help..
show me what you guys like and send me some pictures of good focus rims or any other rims that fit our bolt pattern. 16" or 17".

thanks.
(or just post your own and tell me what brand you have)

help me out!

try tirerack and use the wheel selector program, pick the contour and the focus and look at what wheels they offer

btw I run FSVT 17's on my car ...
Originally posted by todras:
Those were nice....in '91.

LOL.. Was it that recent that they were cool?

Mark
I had those on my Pimptastic 1987 Aries K with Cherry bomb muffler!
thanks Brapple, your the only one who helped me out.
You notice the FAQ sticky on top of this section? Yeah, you should click that.
Originally posted by SVTfrog:
You notice the FAQ sticky on top of this section? Yeah, you should click that.

thanks to some for honest opinions, you guys changed my mind for the better.
i think i was pretty lucky finding the wheels i have. you dont seem to be picky like i was. my whole thing was that i wanted a black inside with about 1" 1/2 lip and 18-19" i ended up finding them new for 800 bucks in nyc but anyway look at
wheelmax.com
ebay.com
wheeldiscount.com

i would stay away from stores most of them are to lazy to try to find you some wheels that would you like or that would fit a contour,focus
i found some i wanted from kmc wheels. there not badly priced either, thanks though!
uh oh. Most kmc wheels are chrome, ghetto sled type. They have a few good ones, hopefully you picked one of the good ones.
i did
Originally posted by dremers vision:
i think i was pretty lucky finding the wheels i have. you dont seem to be picky like i was. my whole thing was that i wanted a black inside with about 1" 1/2 lip and 18-19" i ended up finding them new for 800 bucks in nyc but anyway look at
wheelmax.com
ebay.com
wheeldiscount.com

i would stay away from stores most of them are to lazy to try to find you some wheels that would you like or that would fit a contour,focus

Speaking of 18" black w/ polished lip, I really love these:

those look sick..but the logo on the lip completely ruined it..mine look similar, but 17's

for better pics, wait till spring
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
those look sick..but the logo on the lip completely ruined it..mine look similar, but 17's

for better pics, wait till spring

Oddly enough, I rather like the pinstripe and logo on the lip. Granted, I'd prefer it were JUST the pinstripe, but I still like it. What I really like about them is the deeper offset from the rim to the spokes. I'm not real big on the wheels w/ flush rim and spokes.

I have a silver frost SE, and I'm planning on painting it black from the beltline up and covering the split w/ a burnt orange pinstrip. So I'll have black on top, silver below, w/ black wheels with a polished lip. I think it will look really hot. Kind of like this, only in reverse:

© CEG Archives