Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: silvercsvt aftermarket mufflers - 10/15/03 03:44 AM
does anybody kwo where i can get an aftermarket muffler for my svt i tried flowmaster but couldnt find anything
thanx tim
Posted By: Pienstars Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/15/03 04:12 AM
Yeah, right here.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/search.php?Cat=

Sorry, never done that before and thought I would give it a try.
Posted By: low10s Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/15/03 04:42 AM
you did well, but he can also try borla, magnaflow, dynomax...............i think they still make mufflers
Posted By: low10s Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/15/03 04:43 AM
tim you had better run the search monsters will be here shortly, just stay strong
Posted By: illuzions_dup1 Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/16/03 12:09 AM
if i were u i would buy a magnaflow resonator ...it sounds great and has a nice deep tone...but not raspy as it sounds when u put a straight pipe in place of the resonator...then there is too much drone...the Magnaflow is a good choice...
Posted By: SVT power_dup1 Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/16/03 12:57 PM
If you going for sound get them but if your going for power read this Stock vs. Aftermarket exhaust
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/16/03 12:57 PM
I have Magnaflow everything, from the X-pipe, resonaters and the polished S.S. mufflers. The exhaust system was custom done by the CEG famous Dougs muffler here in SE MI and is true duals. Parts were about $525 and the piping was another $350.00, which included the "mystery mod". Not included in the parts list was (2) flex pipes for the exhaust system, its need when doing true duals. Contact Stazi in the SE MI forum for pricing, he's our hook up for Magnaflows
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/16/03 04:01 PM
Nice article, but I didn't know my car was RWD
Posted By: R_G Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/16/03 04:47 PM
Here's mine:

Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/16/03 05:40 PM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Here's mine:

those actually dont sound to bad when coupled to true duals...
Posted By: R_G Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/17/03 04:11 AM
mine does not sound at all
Posted By: tw0wheelin_dup1 Re: aftermarket mufflers - 10/20/03 04:09 PM
Tim,

You can use universal replacement mufflers from just about anyone. You'll need to measure your mufflers case size, pipe size, and note how the input and output pipes are configured. (i.e. offset inlet, center outlet) Once you have this info, you can look into any products that will fit from a number of places. (google 'muffler') Getting everything to line up and fit can take a little work, but most muffler shops are pretty good at handling this.
© CEG Archives