Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I raced a 350z with headers straight pipes and chip and intake and pulley system. The guy was running his mouth and I told him he might beat me in the quarter because I was not able to hook up till 3rd gear. i told him I would walk him in the top end and his friend was like no way his car is real fast on top. Well let just say after they looked under my hood and when they saw me catch him in the end he was prasing my car. He had me by two car lengths in the beginning damn wheel hop and to much power but it was so fun passing him. I will say one thing everyone there was under my hood just tongues hanging out viewing my options. Oh I was running about 11 psi which is 310+ wheels and it was hot and humid. I also have a crossover pipe leak so boost comes 1000 rpm late.
1999 svt turbo left and 2003 nissan 350 bolt ons right
nice kill, so you were in lane one i take it? from the sounds of your story it seems you won, but your sig says 14.0 so i'm confused. nice racin otherwise.
no I mean I beat him in his talk I lost on ET he told me there no way I can pull him. I would tear him up from a roll and he knew that by the way we ran. It was like i gave him a car length head start then raced we have no traction to lay the power down.
im sure he shut his mouth when he say the looks of that trap speed. btw, check out the post in the general mods about the traction bars titled New Product Testing.
Funny thing is that 2.489 (i think) has been MY best 60' to date.
Looks like you should put some time into traction. What have you done as far as this goes? I have poly filled all bushings and use a solid rear motor mount, this setup gives me no wheel hop. Word is subframe connectors work wonders with traction as well.

Great victory though. Gotta love preying on the ignorant.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
im sure he shut his mouth when he say the looks of that trap speed.

thats what i was gonna say!
Bahahaha!! A 350Z!! LMAO!

Oh...you were serious. Heh, very nice kill. I would've loved to see it. Some day I am going to live, breathe, and die turbochargers on a CSVT.
think of it this way:

where does most of the weight go in a car during sudden acceleration????

the rear.

and your drive wheels are where???

the front...

his drive wheels are where???

my poinmt, if the 350z were a FWD you would have own3d his a$$. time for more traction...
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Bahahaha!! A 350Z!! LMAO!

Oh...you were serious. Heh, very nice kill. I would've loved to see it. Some day I am going to live, breathe, and die turbochargers on a CSVT.

Nice trap speed!

You need to work on your launching or traction. Better yet both!

I still beat both of you though...
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

I still beat both of you though...

Blah bla bla bla-blah...

Bring something NEW to the dyno/drag area Demon!
thats pretty nice...you're definitely faster than him.

I'd be a lil disappointed at that 1/4 mile time though...sucks that we get so much wheel hop.
Thats pretty cool. I'm just proud of you.
Very nice kill, VERY impressive!
how was it a nice kill? he lost in everything
Originally posted by svtwannab:
how was it a nice kill? he lost in everything

Did you read his trap speed? Technically he has a slower ET, but his trap speed is 6.21 mph faster than a Nissan 350Z. He also mentioned that he caught and passed it before tripping the lights.

If that's not a nice kill, then I don't know what is.
Geez, you clowns. Technically he lost in the 1320 run by less than a tenth, but they both know that Burrita's car is faster. Does that clear up the "nice kill" argument? I wouldn't say nice kill, I'd say congratulations. It wasn't as much of a kill as it was a shocker for the 350z and his friend, am I right Burrita?
You guys are killing me saying I did not kill him. OK let me clarify I lost the race by a bumper. But remember the last 60 ft is averaged i was at 110 and pulling hard as hell. Hey he even stayed in it for a little bit after the finish line I was three car lengths ahead when I ran out of 4th gear. I crossed over in his lane to exit and we both took the exit ramp at 60 mph damn near 180 and he tried to saty with me on the curve too..........lol. I have to set up a meet and let you guys see what 5 th gear feels like it just does not stop pulling. If this site wasn't picky about video's i would send you a 0- 160mph run and yes it does it and more beleive me and doesn't take long.
Quote:

You guys are killing me saying I did not kill him.

From the tale of the slip, you did not kill him....I understand and full heartedly agree that you are ABLE to kill him, but the slip says you lost by less than a tenth. I completely believe that you kept pulling on him after crossing the line, but that wasn't on the slip you posted. I can see that you pulled on him terribly during the 1/4 and almost caught him at the end, but you didn't cross the line first, therefore not a kill. Don't take it wrong, it just wasn't a kill. I have mucho respect for your car and the time and money invested so it's nothing against you or your car, I'm just saying post a slip with you crossing the line first if you want a "nice kill". Other than that, obviously you CAN kill him, but didn't.
well I guess Jonnysvt you are so right and we weren't racing for time we talked before and he agreed to stay into it till we realized who was faster. If you would have raced someone on the street ( but we don't do that) you normally accelerate the car till one person pulls so far ahead it obvious who is faster. So we used the quarter mile track and more to run up to the speeds needed to prove who would win. Oh he said I would smash him on a race that has no boudaries. Look I raced alot of cars on the quarter mile that would get there ass handed to them on the streets. We can beat this dead horse forever. So you win I lost the quarter mile but everyone was looking under my hood after the race not his.............so I won in everyone elses minds besides yours. You can really take the fun out of someone and yes I have more hours under that hood then you might even imagine. Oh he wants a rematch on the autocross but he fails to realize I usually dominate that area with my setup. Oh I beat a z06 on top end do you believe that next time give me your email I will send you videos to make a beleiver out of you.
congrats dude. i thought this was going to be another "what if" thread. good to see that its not!

oh i believe you, but can you send me the videos anyway???!!!
I would love to see those vids too. nice job with the car.
I would like to show the Z06 vid to a buddy who owns one!

markynet1@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Mark
Burrita, you're taking it all wrong. I am on your side and as I said above I BELIEVE YOU. There are no doubts in my head that your car is faster than the Z. The track is not a good place for our cars and we know this, obviously by your 2.4 60ft and my 2.5s....the track means nothing to me also unless it is compared by cars there that same day. In drags, it is all in the launch and we don't have very good luck with that. If you want to be offended (for some reason that I don't know),go ahead, but understand that I would much rather own and drive your car than the 350z. Chill out and know that you have a fast car, it just seems to me like you're a little touchy about the subject and are looking at me as if I'm the bad guy when I'm just getting technical on the slip. BTW, videos would be awesome, I would love to hear and see your car in action.
My video was copied over by a mustang race my friend hit rewind because he saw the light blinking thinking he was at the end of the tap. I will get you one I never leave home without it my digital camcorder rides with me. It was a great video black convertible and young guy and his gf. I will get you a topend video tonite. I do have a hosting site too thanks.
me too por favor. wudekstyle@aol.com
thanx.
sorry jonnysvt I just thought you were just trying to spoil my fun. Look I would love to show ya'll my video's i will post him here tonite some till they get taken off. I also have a dyno of my car but it is boring to me. Hey as soon as Chris get my MAF calibrated my new 50# injectors are going on and we will crank it up more.
sorry, but i dont think the z06 was trying, mabye its just me.....
ok let put this in perspective SVTwannab
I dyno 8 psi 290 wheels 350 crank
I am running 11 psi now ~ 340 wheels 410 crank
chris ran 15 psi 390 wheels 480 crank

zo6 405 crank maybe 325 wheels 3200 pound car
svt 400 crank 3100 pound car with some good old 4.06 gears

do the math better than that I had three people in the car with luggage in the trunk

Look at the pic and video tonite I will show you how fast I get to 160+ ok later man
good job man, get them videos up . By the way how do you like the trubendz exhaust?
oh it sounds bad ass I will get you a sound clip of it the best deep sound you can imagine I have a borla muffler 3" straight through with 3.5" magnoflow tips

You are a fool

Quote:

with only maybe 260 whp off a roll I have pulled all kinds of cars that run 13.0's. Hell, off a roll I barely lost to a new mustang 5spd with full exhaust and 100 shot of nitrous.

Off the line I have beat an evo twice in a row, how in gods name would you not believe he can pull a z06.
Try listening a bit before bashing somebody's hard work.
I think what you guys are failing to remember is that ZO6's with competent drivers run in the mid 12's around 115mph! Be it a roll, a stop whatever....If drivers were equal, the ZO6 would/will win......

Burrita....stock ZO6's commonly dyno in the 365whp range.

I personally have put a pull on a 6spd C-5 with 8psi on the t-28 which has trapped nearly 108mph for me...We went from 40-120+(middle of 2nd to top of 4th). Needless to say he was astounded that a 4dr just gave him a taste of haste!

Burrita...I think you just need to work on your traction/launching issues. More power will make the car faster, but will it make it quicker?
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:

You are a fool

Quote:

with only maybe 260 whp off a roll I have pulled all kinds of cars that run 13.0's. Hell, off a roll I barely lost to a new mustang 5spd with full exhaust and 100 shot of nitrous.

Off the line I have beat an evo twice in a row, how in gods name would you not believe he can pull a z06.
Try listening a bit before bashing somebody's hard work.

An evo should have beaten you off the line.Wait till u see a good driver. I wasnt bashing him, a z06 has 10mph and 1.5sec on him in the quarter mile
I have to agree in theory. A ZO6 is too much for me to handle and I pull almost 330 wHP with ~8 psi! My run netted me a over 109 MPH in the trapp at the 1/4 mile track yet the average Z06 with basic bolt-ons is between 112mph-116mph.
The zo6 you met probably was stock and probably wasn't the best of its breed.
People, don't discount the fact that EVERY mass produced car is a bit different some are very fast for the model line and some are way behind their brothers. And some people can't drive even from a roll.
But, in theory, 99% will beat any of our turbo contours....at this time. Who knows in a little while.
The 1st year Zo6 has less hp too...I think like 20 less...385 or so
It also could have been the 385hp Z06 which is quite a bit slower than the 405hp version.

There's something else that no one seems to have mentioned. With all that heat and humidity, both cars probably didn't perfom that well. 350z's stock can trap 100-101ish. This car had headers+ other mods and still only trapped 99mph.

In better weather conditions, I would love to see what traps Burrita's car is capable of.

-R-
Is 106mph a good trap speed for a 340whp contour?
Originally posted by stilov:

Where'd you hear this information?
Quote:

An evo should have beaten you off the line.Wait till u see a good driver

it did and i pulled the carlength back by 3rd
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Where'd you hear this information?

He's right. First and second year Corvette ZO6s put down 385 bhp from the factory and consistently ran 4.1-3 to 60. There's a review of it against the previous-gen Dodge Viper RT10 and Mustang SVT Cobra R in Motor Trend's Aug 2000 issue. I can't currently find a link to it, but the newer 405 bhp Corvettes aren't all that much faster if you don't get an extremely grippy launch. I've seen 4 flat to 60 in a 405 ZO6 but nothing faster, although Chevy use to claim 3.9s. Nobody I've seen has pulled it off stock. However, the 405s post pretty damn 70+ slalom runs. I think they have some extra handling mods compared to the 385s.

Pretty long just to say that the 385s do exist.
Ok.....01' was the first production model year of the C-5 ZO6 in which it came with 385 hp. Several changes were made to the 02' model year in which included but not limited to: no precats, more aggressive cam grind, revised pistons/rings, lighter/stronger wheels, and several suspension part changes, not to mention the dropping of my favorite color....Speedway White!

The 01' models are still perfectly capable of running in the mid 12's at 110+ in pure stock form and routinely dyno in the 340 whp+ range. Granted as stated previously there are some very imcompetent drivers out there. Think of what our cars are capable of running and what 85% of us actually run in them....

If/when I personally buy a ZO6 it will be an 02'+ due to the potential blowby/oil consumption issue prevelant in many of the 01' models. Not to mention the power increase, and other upgrades.

Originally posted by BurritaSVT:
oh it sounds bad ass I will get you a sound clip of it the best deep sound you can imagine I have a borla muffler 3" straight through with 3.5" magnoflow tips

I will be awaiting that sound clip , as well as the videos
video was already up and thread locked.
Originally posted by JonnySVT:

Ah [censored], I wasn't on Ceg for few days, anyone want to send it to me? Email is in the sig
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by JonnySVT:

Ah [censored], I wasn't on Ceg for few days, anyone want to send it to me? Email is in the sig

You got mail. It says the file size is only 1K but it will still work when you click on it..

Aaron
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

I'd be a lil disappointed at that 1/4 mile time though...sucks that we get so much wheel hop.

You make it sound like you arer in the same class.
Originally posted by mbb41:

He is just making a comment because of the traction issues that we can ALL relate with.
Originally posted by nospeed:
Is 106mph a good trap speed for a 340whp contour?

Still not enough of them out there to establish 'good' or 'bad' runs unless they are drastically off.

My 300 wHP setup that I dyno'd in AZ gave me about 104 MPH 1/4 trapp speeds here in TX pretty consistently.

When I raised it just a few psi from about 6 to about 8 or so I was able to pull 107-108 MPH trap speeds but never dyno'd that setup at 8 psi. From all my different dyno's I would estimate it made in the 320's at that boost level.

The new system with a dyno of about 8-8.5 psi gave about 330 wHP and netted over 109 mPH. Pretty significant improvement in trapp speed just for 30 HP over the first setup.

So his car is either heavier than mine with 340 wHP or he ain't pullin' 340 wHP.

Remember dyno's are corrected for atmospheric conditions so that shouldn't be an issue as far as power. Humidity was pretty high in texas and I don't think it plays as much of a role on a turbo car in reducing power as it doesn in a NA car.
what a bunch of haters ok im just playin but the fact remains that burrita has accomplished having a sick little contour and that is pretty fackin cool to me
CONGRATS burrita!

let me get some of those vids, especially the vette one cause i have a really good buddy with a C4 that is pretty dayum fast and im always trying to race him and never prevailing
svt4b@yahoo.com
Some of us who have responded in the ZO6's defense actually have F/I Tours as well...So we're not haters, just fact staters.....I even rhymed that out!

Originally posted by svt4b:
what a bunch of haters ok im just playin but the fact remains that burrita has accomplished having a sick little contour and that is pretty fackin cool to me
CONGRATS burrita!

let me get some of those vids, especially the vette one cause i have a really good buddy with a C4 that is pretty dayum fast and im always trying to race him and never prevailing
svt4b@yahoo.com

Umm yeah ok. I suppose we don't have sick azzed rides either and even though we agree that he stomped one ZO6, we are realistic enough to realize that won't happen with MOST ZO6's.
And of course, we're trying to be honest instead of look like a bunch of posers.....all equal to making us a bunch of haters. ???

non-poser=Hater ????? the math looks faulty to me.

I know what it takes to build a nice car, done the work myself a few times and I can appreciate better than MOST (if the shoe fits, wear it) what he has put into his car.
Burrita probably understands we aren't bashing him.
Hell I've already stated I believe he made me proud!!!!!
GRRR don't you facking people read the facking posts!!!!
(nice word facking....I think I'll continue to borrow it, thanks)

There you have it, and I'm just trying to make you understand how your post sounded........even though you were just playin.
I'm just glad to see that the amount of Turbocharged Contours is going up and the selling of them is going down. Come on fellas, let's keep 'em coming. How many four door grocery getters do you know that can whoop some azz? So keep up the good work and show the world what an underestimated, four-door grocery getter can do. Much respect to all you Turbo guys.
Originally posted by maverik:
I'm just glad to see that the amount of Turbocharged Contours is going up and the selling of them is going down. Come on fellas, let's keep 'em coming. How many four door grocery getters do you know that can whoop some azz? So keep up the good work and show the world what an underestimated, four-door grocery getter can do. Much respect to all you Turbo guys.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider selling a t/c csvt. . .I was surprised to see this on ebay silver t/c csvt
Originally posted by ssmumich00:

Yeah, I wouldn't consider selling a t/c csvt. . .I was surprised to see this on ebay silver t/c csvt

That's wavrdr's car, I believe.
It was a great video black convertible and young guy and his gf. I will get you a topend video tonite. I do have a hosting site too thanks.

I am like 90% sure that zo6's dont come in convertibles...can someone prove me wrong???
Originally posted by Faboo:
It was a great video black convertible and young guy and his gf. I will get you a topend video tonite. I do have a hosting site too thanks.

I am like 90% sure that zo6's dont come in convertibles...can someone prove me wrong???

You are most correct, they are only availble with hard top, and non-hatchback style, but they do have t-tops so maybe thats what he was referring to.
I didn't even think the zo6's had t-tops...only the hatchback ones have the t-tops.
I didn't even think the zo6's had t-tops...only the hatchback ones have the t-tops.

Ya they do, the newer ones have the plexi type see threw

me too... and from what i hear on the dl there are more to come..
and now they are going over 400 hp!
btw burrita congrats on that sick trapspeed!
Yes, the SVT on Ebay is WVRDRVRs. Maybe he'll take it off when he changes his mind, like last time he put it up for sale. Please do.
First off C-5 ZO6's have never been convertible or T-Tops....Never! They are/were only available with the fixed roof....otherwise known as a fixed roof coupe(predessor to the 01' to current ZO6). If you want the lightest, and fastest stock C-5 other than the ZO6, one would go with an 99'/00' FRC(fixed roof coupe).

I definitley want to sell the car, because I definitely want a ZO6 badly...The reason I pulled it from the market before is I had no promising/potential buyers. Don't get me wrong I love the car and will miss driving it, but it has come time to move on to bigger and better things.

You guys need to bid on the car!!!!15k is the reserve price......

I just think it's amazingly hilarious you pull 13's on 5psi!!!!

Can you imagine if our platform were rwd, on full 10psi, you could've trapped upper 12's! Good luck on the sale, it's a great car, that's cool you got it up to $11,000 so far, at least you MIGHT recoup some of what you put into it. . .
Originally posted by wavrdr:

If you let me pay you a dollar a day for approximately the next 42 years and three months, I'll take it. That's at the $15,500 asking price too.

Hell, I'll even start my first payment at two dollars instead of one!
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:

If you let me pay you a dollar a day for approximately the next 42 years and three months, I'll take it. That's at the $15,500 asking price too.

Hell, I'll even start my first payment at two dollars instead of one!

That's pretty funny...

I'm just hoping to send the car to an enthusiasts home that will take as good of or better care of it than I have....

Being that I'm not neccessarily "forced" to sell it financially I will indeed miss the car as it is just a blast to drive and goes down the highway oh so smooth, but at the same time I know if I went out and bought a ZO6 the wife would murder me and collect all the insurance money!!!
The car has sold! Please nobody bid because I'm unable to end the auction early......

The car sold to the local guy who was interested in buying it...

I'll definitley still frequent the forums....
congrats on the sale, too bad you'll be gone. . . so what's next, in all seriousness, a used Z06??
Originally posted by mbb41:

no, I make it sound like he could have run better with the power he has under the hood.
The car has sold! Please nobody bid because I'm unable to end the auction early......

The car sold to the local guy who was interested in buying it...

I'll definitley still frequent the forums....

noooooooooooo, you were the fastest tour to date!
and th eonly to break 400!
Originally posted by izzodesh:

What???

Explain yourself...

uhhh Buckshots car is the only one to break 400hp to the wheels (actually i beleive its 396) so what were you
talking about???

Lupe

actually I think that was Buckshot not him...who technically should be faster but I was just talkin 1/4 mile times.

Deshi-
Wavdr has the fastest times to date, the 2.5L trophy goes to Keyser, the 3L to Buckshot (with warmonger a close 2nd).

Suneil
Wavdr has the fastest times to date, the 2.5L trophy goes to Keyser, the 3L to Buckshot (with warmonger a close 2nd).

Chris - 2.5L "HP/TQ" trophy & Rick - 3L "HP" trophy respectively. (though remember Rick's numbers were magically "corrected" from his Mustang readings)

Tom wins the 3L TQ trophy.

...and since I'm tooting horns I'll toot mine...

"Quickest 3L trophy"
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Chris - 2.5L "HP/TQ" trophy & Rick - 3L "HP" trophy respectively. (though remember Rick's numbers were magically "corrected" from his Mustang readings)

Tom wins the 3L TQ trophy.

...and since I'm tooting horns I'll toot mine...

"Quickest 3L trophy"

And he's not even boosted! You fight dirty, Demon.

Tim
© CEG Archives