Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives

[image]http://[/image]

What're you doing to her? You monster! She's like naked... in a really really bad way!

Like the rims though!
wow! what happened to that contour?
Theft recovery car salvage titled and legalized. The interior picture of the stripped dash is from a parts car I tore apart. My car is getting there I got a new hood for it, so thats straight now. UIM and LIM are coming off for cleaning. Front end is being molded right now and hopefully in a few months it goes off to paint....
Its looking (and sounding) better everyday. A lot of work has been put into that car, with a lot more on the way.
i like the look of the black trunk and hood on a silver car. maybe leave it that way and paint the roof black too.

i have an integra in my garage that looks just like that ....but anyways....that will be a nice contour...keep working
Originally posted by skrilla187:

When you tore the dash apart was it 1 or 2 pieces? By that I mean was the dash vent separate from the dash? I'm looking to install a 98 dash in my 99 to get rid of the warp, and this info would help.
it's all one piece...be very careful when you do this. Don't yank or tug on the dash. Make sure every single nut and bolt is out.
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i like the look of the black trunk and hood on a silver car. maybe leave it that way and paint the roof black too.

mikey boy, you have offically lost your mind.

>Cue the Pixies<
Originally posted by G r y m e s:

mikey boy, you have offically lost your mind.

>Cue the Pixies<

I'm actually debating a 2 tone black on silver paint job. I've seen it done ona cougar and it looks killer. I haven't seen any tours like that so it sounds better to me.
Never end the paint colors where different body part meet. You will either look like you just got lucky and snagged same color parts from the junk yard or you're a cheap taxi.
Never end the paint colors where different body part meet. You will either look like you just got lucky and snagged same color parts from the junk yard or you're a cheap taxi.

ummm it's not gonna be that way anyways...look at the body lines on the tour...thats my cutoff point.....if i go that route.
Someone photochop this guy what he wants.
I am doing it now. One sec.
Okay, not the best in the world and not even your car, but here it is. Click away and turn on your ad blocker.

http://grymes.hostmb.com/images/two-tone-tour.jpg

EDIT: and something else to maybe think about.
http://grymes.hostmb.com/images/two-tone-tour-02.jpg
They both look pertty cool.
One last one:
http://grymes.hostmb.com/images/two-tone-tour-03.jpg

And ThinkMoto if you want anything else done, I would me more than happy to work with you.
The first one is exactly what I'm talking about. But wit ha gloss black and pearlcoat. White looks good to, but I love black Thanks for the chops
One last one:
http://grymes.hostmb.com/images/two-tone-tour-03.jpg

And ThinkMoto if you want anything else done, I would me more than happy to work with you.

ooooooooooooooohhh very interesting
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

ummm it's not gonna be that way anyways...look at the body lines on the tour...thats my cutoff point.....if i go that route.

Here's a hint: Don't.

The white on silver is a little more subtle and it'll be more difficult to tell from far away. You won't look like an incomplete project either, with two very contrasting colors as black and silver.
you have offically lost your mind.

hahahaaaaaaaaa, first you tell me i have lost my mind then you do 'shops of it, and i am the one that is crazy??

the black and silver is sweet. add a few accent pieces like black headlights and grill ring, and vuala!

you guys are going to make me buy an svt and prove it to you, you know that right.
i think it works alot better with cougars...but would still be nice regardless
Originally posted by svt_contour_r203:

Here's a hint: Don't.

The white on silver is a little more subtle and it'll be more difficult to tell from far away. You won't look like an incomplete project either, with two very contrasting colors as black and silver.

This is coming from a guy who proudly boasts in his signature that he owns a korean minivan.

Black and Silver two tone is the sh!t!

[GnuLoCo]
Now I don't like this bodykit, nor does the current owner. he changed everything, but here is a classic example of a sweet two tone paint job. Add pearl to the silver and the black, and you have one hell of a sweet ride.

GnuLoCo

That is f|_|CKING SAWEEEEEEET!
it's all one piece...be very careful when you do this. Don't yank or tug on the dash. Make sure every single nut and bolt is out.

Gracias .
Originally posted by GnuLoCo:

What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm almost completely sold on that paint scheme now. I just needed to see pics of the cougar again Thats what always made want to go that route.

Honkey tonkey your the best!
Originally posted by Bmonje:

This is sweet..is this a chop?
Originally posted by Faboo:

This is sweet..is this a chop?

Yeah its a chop by honkey tonkey monkey
you have offically lost your mind.

hahahaaaaaaaaa, first you tell me i have lost my mind then you do 'shops of it, and i am the one that is crazy??

the black and silver is sweet. add a few accent pieces like black headlights and grill ring, and vuala!

you guys are going to make me buy an svt and prove it to you, you know that right.

mikey boy, I think there is a little bit of confusion. I did not chop what you were talking about. I chopped what the owner of the car wanted. Very big difference. I used the hard edge that runs down the body of the car as the color change point, you used the seams of the hood, trunk and roof. Am I right? Don't worry, I still like you.

omg i think i wet myself
Here's a couple ideas.

1. How about large flake metallic, black on the bottom and silver on top.

2. Clear coat with satin clear. Technique recently shown in europe on a concept car.

Oil cooler cut outs in the bumber mould.

What a huge project.
Car is gonna probably be 2 tone black on silver. Front bumper is being molded with a Mirko splitter. Pearlcoat over it all..what type/color I don't know yet...
Car is gonna probably be 2 tone black on silver. Front bumper is being molded with a Mirko splitter. Pearlcoat over it all..what type/color I don't know yet...

Here is my opinion on this.. Pearl Coats can make some of the sweetest paint ever. BUT, I would stay away from red for instance because there will be small areas outside of the main hue that look pink in certain sunlight. This will be the same with blue and light blue.

Being an orange freak myself I would say orange, but For a nice classic clean look maybe just a regular white pearl in the white and maybe a dark shadow gray in the black. MMMMmm that would look nice.

CAN YOU DO A CHOP FOR ME WITH THE BLACK ON BOTTOM, SILVER ON TOP- THANKS

~Andrew
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

~Andrew

thats the best i have seen that on a few forums.
Originally posted by 1FASTDAD:
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

~Andrew

thats the best i have seen that on a few forums.

Oh my god I'm crying from laughter..... that's too much lol
you have to read the original post... pure genious that guy.

http://maddox.xmission.com/hatemail.cgi?p=1#CAPSLOCK

probably NWS, i didn't happen to look that closely.
The screamer asked for a color swap and here it is.

http://grimes.hostmb.com/images/two-tone-tour_04.jpg
thanks for the pic....sorry bout he caps(i do work in cad in wich everything has to be in caps, didn't even realize they were on untill it was too late and i embarrassed myself)....pic looks awesome

damn that looks really good too
I think your wheel choice should be considered when choosing black on the bottom or top
I agree. Show me a silver SVT contour with this ST200(?) wheels and I can chop that as well.
I agree. Show me a silver SVT contour with this ST200(?) wheels and I can chop that as well.

Go back to the first post...those are ST200's
So true, but I am not about to chop body panels and such.
sorry I don't have any pics with the front bumper on...and I can't host pics...double sorry

Wow that car looks familiar....just something different. I cant quite put my finger on it I love the scheme, and seeing it on my car makes me want to do it!
And finally the two tone rolling on ST220s

http://grymes.hostmb.com/st200s_twotone.jpg
The screamer asked for a color swap and here it is.

http://grimes.hostmb.com/images/two-tone-tour_04.jpg

do this one.
sweet

But now I'm torn between this and the other one you did with the black on the bottom I don't know which way to go. I might be getting 18's too soon I still have some time before paint. I'll talk to the painter and get his input on colors etc. Thanks for the chops exceelent work
Posted By: m!key Re: And finally the two tone rolling on ST220s - 04/07/04 01:34 AM
yeah dont listen to me. how would i know what to do with a silver svt?
yeah your car is RED!!!!! Seriously man I'm really torn between the 2 color schemes I guess it could always be worse
© CEG Archives