Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LegacySHO Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 03:47 AM
Here's a pic of my ride. Just picked it up last month! I'm curious to know what you guys think of the wing...my friends are about half-half with it. When I first saw the car, I thought, "I'm taking that off as soon as I get it." Then it started to grow on me. Now I'm thinking...leave it on for a couple more years, then when I get a little older (read: mature) maybe take it off and paint the black portion of the rear bumper to match the car.
Posted By: trek 4500 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 03:57 AM
keep it. gives the car character, and it won't look like every other stock svt.
Posted By: Horse Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 04:06 AM
nope- its gotta go - looks too tacked on. ie not stock and to me not good looking.
Posted By: JVT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 04:46 AM
IMO,

If a wing like that is non-functional, then it shouldn't be on. Sorry, don't care for the looks either.

John
Posted By: svttour Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 04:57 AM
looks a lil smalll for the car anyways.. invest in something more moddy.you can get rid of that on ebay for easy cash..
Posted By: ExDelayed Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 05:17 AM
Its not my style, but I like the looks of it on that color car. smile
Posted By: PhatSVT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 06:19 AM
hell yeah. keep it. rocks. i want.
Posted By: SiBlk00 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 06:20 AM
dump it, use the money for a more useful mod
Posted By: PhatSVT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 07:28 AM
staring at that wing some more and i dont like how the fin thingys on the side hang down. what i would do is some how cut them off to match how it swoops around at the top. i think then the car would be tight as hell.
Posted By: BIGFISHE Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 11:58 AM
Quote:
svttour looks a lil smalll for the car anyways.. invest in something more moddy.you can get rid of that on ebay for easy cash..

Small?
I would hate to see your idea of big for a spoiler
Sorry I don't like the huge wings myself, maybe I'm too old (31) Its just that they don't match up on the car too well, but I'll say one thing though it does stand out, especially if its a different one, so if thats what your looking for, you have have suceeded smile
Posted By: spyder1 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 12:54 PM
Sorry about this one too... but I don't like it. It just doesn't fit the style of the SVT. If you like it though, that's what counts. I will agree that it does make that SVT unique.
Posted By: BIGFISHE Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 01:52 PM
You may try posting a pic from a different view,
It's funny how one angle or perspective can change a few minds.
Posted By: erockSVT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 02:08 PM
do you like it? who cares what everyone else thinks...if i would have listened to everyone in the first place, i wouldn't have even bought a csvt... laugh
Posted By: ancosta Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 02:15 PM
I personally think that spoilers look quite foolish unless they serve some functional purpose. In order for spoilers, valances, etc. to actually work, two things must happen:

1) The item must be engineered to work with the vehicle, (this takes lotsa time and money) and must be installed on the vehicle per the specifications of the engineer who designed the component.

2) The operator of the vehicle must put the vehicle in conditions which merit the usage of such equipment. (read: if you don't drive agressively at >80 MPH, it probably ain't gonna do much to help performance, and could actually hinder performance of the car, *including* making the car more unstable/unsafe.

If the spoiler doesn't actually work to improve performance of the car, then it does nothing for the performance, and is more of a fashion statement, and possible an impediment to safety and performance.

But hey...opinions are like the ol' brown "*" ...everyone has one, and they all stink! So, if you dig it, keep it!
Posted By: 99SVTguy Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 02:24 PM
Looks like a cop magnet to me. I haven't seen one of those that I actually like. Maybe if it were a little lower, was a little wider from front to back, and was made out of carbon fiber, it would look cool.

Sorry man, but that thing looks like someone went and bolted some soccer field bleachers on your car.
Posted By: Andy W. Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 02:44 PM
Sell it for some mod money!

It completely destroys the rolling curves of the car. Get some rims to make it stand out not a wing!

-Andy
Posted By: L-Train Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 02:55 PM
Its ok, I doubt that I would sport one!! Not the best wing I've seen tho!!! Keep rockin tho!!
Posted By: TLP Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 03:24 PM
Its not my bag baby! But if you dig it its cool and all that matters.

I always wonder why nobody buys the actual OE ford motorsport version???? :rolleyes:
Posted By: nicobra5o Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TLP:
I always wonder why nobody buys the actual OE ford motorsport version???? :rolleyes:

i agree with TLP, the stock spoiler looks best on the svt.
Posted By: AndrewR Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 03:47 PM
I think the CSVT's look best without a wing. They really do break up the rolling curves (as Andy W. said) and they are non-functional (as ancosta said). If you want your car to stand out some, go for a custom paint job and put some cool rims on it (think PPG Pace Car).
Posted By: TomServo98 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 04:03 PM
Personally..no,I don't care for it. But if you like it..rock on.
Posted By: APT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 04:46 PM
I don't care for the looks, but who cares? I didn't buy one. If you like it, keep it. Screw everyone else.
Posted By: Tony630 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by erockSVT:
do you like it? who cares what everyone else thinks...if i would have listened to everyone in the first place, i wouldn't have even bought a csvt... laugh
wing looks sweet. I would have done carbon though b/c in my opinion no color looks better contrasted with carbon fiber than silver
Posted By: trek 4500 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/02/01 07:25 PM
Quote:
Its not my bag baby! But if you dig it its cool and all that matters.

because every stock car which chose that option has the OE ford motorsport version. i'd rather have a spoiler which nobody else has.
Posted By: hmouta Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/11/01 08:27 AM
lose it, like yesterday. too gauky looking. here i am looking at this sleeper sitting in an aggressive stance low to the ground and my eyes are interupted by having to look "up" at the spoiler. the car has more character than that.
Posted By: DoubleAught Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/12/01 01:45 AM
Sorry, but IMHO:
CSVT + any big wing = the suck
Posted By: Pete D Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/12/01 03:11 AM
Not a big fan, as I usually hate most spoilers that aren't functional and OEM or developed well (ie. windtunnel)but if you like it, go with it!
Posted By: LegacySHO Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/12/01 04:39 AM
Thanks for all the opinions guys! And don't bother saying "sorry" before you say you don't like it...I asked for your opinions, so whatever you tell me is all good. It's not like I'd take it off or leave it on based on what YOU guys think. Yeesh. laugh Anyways, *I* like the spoiler for now, so I'm gonna keep it. Although I do think I'll take it off eventually...and some of you guys seem to think I put the wing on...I bought the car with the wing on it. In case you were wondering.

Andy, I would like to get new rims, but I don't think they'd fit on my car. I've got the Eibach springs on it, and Chris (who has been very helpful, by the way...you should check out his CTA Motorsports website) had 17" rims with the stock SVT springs and had problems with the tire rubbing against the car. So with the car lowered I don't think I would be able to go with 17" rims, although I'm sure they'd look great.
Posted By: hmouta Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/17/01 05:21 AM
there are tons of members with 17" rims. some even have 18" and one or two 19" rims. look into coilovers and koni struts
I think it looks ok. Maybe a little much on the tallness, but....
Is that still aluminum or did you paint it?
Posted By: RogerB Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/17/01 06:13 PM
My overall philosophy is this:

"radical" visual cues should be the last thing done to a car, not the first. (Be fast, then look fast).

A rear spoiler such as that looks hot on a real race car because it's part of an overall system designed to improve the car's performance at very high speeds. This system includes some kind of downforce generator at the front (either a splitter or some kind of "tunnel" venturi), not to mention a radically--and unstreetable--lowered suspension.

As it stands, that spoiler looks completely out of place, decreases your top speed, and actually could reduce your stability at high speeds by changing the front/rear lift ratio to a more rearward bias. That is, your front end may feel "twitchy."
Posted By: Dude Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/17/01 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LegacySHO:
Here's a pic of my ride. Just picked it up last month! I'm curious to know what you guys think of the wing...my friends are about half-half with it. When I first saw the car, I thought, "I'm taking that off as soon as I get it." Then it started to grow on me. Now I'm thinking...leave it on for a couple more years, then when I get a little older (read: mature) maybe take it off and paint the black portion of the rear bumper to match the car.

Hey!!! That's my car!! I have the same wing! Same color!! I didn't like it at first, and wouldn't put it on myself it was on when I bought the car. BUT!!!! Driving at night is GREAT!!!! NO MORE HIGH BEAMS IN THE REAR VEIW MIRROR!!!! I'm sold for now maybe I take mine off later but it great now.

Brian
Posted By: bacoSVT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/18/01 03:51 PM
sell the wing and buy some useful mods. it's a sweet car, don't ruin it with the wing.
Posted By: CtrAltDel Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 11/19/01 10:44 PM
I bet that thing adds at least 15hp! laugh
Seriously, its pretty ricey but do whatever makes you happy. Its your car and you can drive it looking however you want it to.
I for one was disappointed that whoever bought my car new had opted for the factory wing option, but I'm ok with it now. (plus it'd be a big hassle to take it off, fill the holes and add the break light. smile )

-CtrAltDel
Posted By: Rydell Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 06:48 AM
Ha ha, thats my old car. Yes that is the car that "rydell" used to own. It is so strange seeing it on here. Looks better with the ding strips I removed. You still got the air filter in it ken?? The kkm?? Hope it is all ok. Had any races yet?? Anyways, most people really liked the wing around here. I put it on for the "btcc touring car" look. Well, it still looks good. Have fun, and yes, it is a cop magnet!!! smile
Rydell.
Posted By: Rydell Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 06:57 AM
oh yeah, I forgot to add, that the wing doesn't make the car twitchy at high speeds. you guys with all the fancy sounding explanations about wind tunnels and things like that. You don't know ****. All I can tell you is that when I raced around with out it the back end felt like it was all over the road, on bumps and stuff. But after adding it on the back, and playing with the adjustent ( yes it is adjustable for the amount of downforce you want on it) it was alot more stable at speeds of 200 to 230kph. you guys ever go that fast?? probably not, your wives would smack you and tell you to slow down, right?? And it does not affect your 1/4 mile time at all either. I adjusted it alot at the track, and it did not make any difference in straight line speed. The fastest time I could get out of it was 15.6 sec. Oh well see yall later!!!

Rydell. smile
Posted By: TheGSRGuy Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 07:41 AM
Too tall. I like the one BAT has.
Posted By: fahad Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 03:29 PM
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always wonder why nobody buys the actual OE ford motorsport version????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a mercury mystique 95 LS will these OE ford motorsport ones fit my car, and if so where can i take a look at them.
Posted By: NVS Mystique Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 07:52 PM
Hey Legacy, I have the exact same wing on my ride, I say keep it looks tight. As for the wheels rubbing they only do when u have weight in the back and u go through deep dips in the road, I know this because thats what kept happening to me. My friend has an SVT thats droped 1.75inchs and he has only gotten rub twice and both times it was wiht his 17's but now he has 18 on it. The whole point of modding a car is to be different hence how you are doing a contour and not a Honda so yeah keep the wing it sets the car apart from the rest, and get those big wheels on after winter (I'm thinking of selling mine).
Posted By: warmonger Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 08:34 PM
I hate it. It looks like a ricer wannabe.

SVT kept the wing off to distinguish the car from the regular models, I kind of agree. But then you are the one who's opinion matters.

warmonger
Posted By: hmouta Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 10:15 PM
if your trying to distinquish the car, to me its not working cuz every ricer honda has that wing. keeping the wing off and beating the sht out of a ricer is what will distinguish u.
Posted By: NVS Mystique Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/30/01 11:39 PM
You say that every ricer has an aluminum wing so that makes them seem like they all modify their cars the same way, then the same could be said about the members in CEG. most of the people here don't have any type of spoiler on their contour or mystique, they do up their contour the same as the other guy, and if everyone else decided to do the exact same thing then we are just like the people who do their Hondas up the same way. So tell me where the fun in enhancing the appearence of ride if everytime some here does somethign differnet they get brutalized for it? So the wing distingushes us from most of the contours in this form and on the street.

Don't get me wrong the contour does look nice with out a spoiler, but to many peeps have it done like that.
Posted By: TheGSRGuy Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/31/01 05:25 AM
Hey calm down with the ricer thing. It's his car. If that looks good to him, more power to him.

My question -- what practical purpose does it serve? Sure, it might look good, but does it provide a lot of downforce? I think (like I said before) it's a bit excessive. A smaller spoiler would be nice.
Posted By: Mike_dup1 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/31/01 04:21 PM
Ditch the wing, or make it lower and leave the black bumper part, black. my .02
Legacy , this is kinda off topic, but is that stock exhaust or aftermarket , it looks good...

I dont really care much for the wing , the side fins are a little to big, either cut them, or sell that wing and get a wings west fiberglass, they are nice.
Quote:
Originally posted by art in motion:
Legacy , this is kinda off topic, but is that stock exhaust or aftermarket , it looks good...

That looks like the Borla exhaust. Use the search feature and you should be able to pull up some clearer pics of the Borla.
i think it looks good...who cares if it serves a purpose...not everything on everyone's car serves a purpose besides looks...y do u think they put a body kit on the svt factory...for the looks...doesn't serve much more of a purpose rather than to sell more of them
Posted By: PM Summer Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/31/01 10:06 PM
Off...

...unless you are planning on taking in ironing to help make ends meet.
Posted By: AZ-SVT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 12/31/01 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheContourGuy:
Too tall. I like the one BAT has.

Me too. That's the only wing that i would put on my car. $450 is a bit steep though.
Liek The Idea But dont like the look
Posted By: TLP Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/01/02 05:32 AM
Well PVC intake Eric, I said Ford motorsport wing. it's the part bat sales in their catalog. Mentioned above, The actual wing on a stock car is not the motorsport version. Thus ensuring the car would not look like a million others.
Posted By: stan750rr Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/01/02 06:38 PM
Dislike :rolleyes:
Posted By: plance1 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/03/02 04:11 AM
Gay
your car looks good. Be different and don't follow the heard of stock Contour's 90% of the people on CEG have. The SVT looks great stock but don't diss the guys that are enthusiasts and want to do something to make their cars personalized. I love touring car racing and that is the look I'm going with my girlfriends 99 'Tour. I went with an aluminum/carbon wing on her car and I love the way it looks. Why is it that everythime I come to these forums I see other members cutting the guys down that want to be different? Why else would you come to a Contour forum if you were not an enthusiast about the car? Everyone has different tastes and seeing what others do with their cars only helps the whole scene grow.

here is a pic of the Contour I'm building soon to be on 19" Axis Se7en's when my new wheels come in.

Click here to see more of Amy's Contour
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/04/02 02:25 AM
Wow man, I never even noticed the wing on the other thread you started. Anyway, I think the problem with the giant touring wings, is that you won't ever go fast enough to need the down forces that a wing that large is supposed to provide. In other words, it's useless! IMO, your girlfriends car still looks great, but the wing doesn't add anything and would look just as good without it. I hope the new rims you are getting look sweet because the ones on there already really match well! laugh
Posted By: LegacySHO Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/04/02 02:33 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the opinions! About the exhaust, it's actually stock...the only thing that's different about it are the larger chrome tips that were added by John (the previous owner). I like the look of them better than the stock tips. The only modifications other than the wing and exhaust tips are a KKM intake, Eibach Pro springs, and rear strut brace. I'm thinking of doing other mods but first I have to sell my Mystique! Any takers? I'm gonna put an ad in the classifieds now...check there for more info. I'm in the Toronto area! laugh
Posted By: NITROS Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/04/02 06:46 AM
Well i like it but i think the wing is a little bit 2 tall and those fins on either side of the wing a 2 big too. i made one with smaller wing the way i like it. The sad part is i did it in PAINT, the one that comes with windows. i couldnt find my paint shop pro cd.

Heres the orginal

Here is the One i did in PAINT

The 2nd one looks 100 times better IMO (In My Opinion) Go here can click on SVT.jpg geocities wont let me post pics
Posted By: Nathan Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/04/02 08:20 PM
I think aluminum wings are awesome, I have been meaning to pick one up for my ride, is that the V-Racing by Konig one? Anyways, looks good!
Posted By: NVS Mystique Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/04/02 08:49 PM
Street Concepts- Your girlfriends Contour looks AMAZING, Especially wiht teh wing I can't wait until you put the se7ens on. I see snow in the pic please tell me that you are not winter driving the car.
Posted By: Icey Mike Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/04/02 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by StreetConcepts:
your car looks good. Be different and don't follow the heard of stock Contour's 90% of the people on CEG have. The SVT looks great stock but don't diss the guys that are enthusiasts and want to do something to make their cars personalized. I love touring car racing and that is the look I'm going with my girlfriends 99 'Tour. I went with an aluminum/carbon wing on her car and I love the way it looks. Why is it that everythime I come to these forums I see other members cutting the guys down that want to be different? Why else would you come to a Contour forum if you were not an enthusiast about the car? Everyone has different tastes and seeing what others do with their cars only helps the whole scene grow.

here is a pic of the Contour I'm building soon to be on 19" Axis Se7en's when my new wheels come in.

Click here to see more of Amy\'s Contour

Sh*t, I think touring wings look cool on 'certain' tours (StreetConcepts).

But, a stock tour doesn't look good with a touring wing (stock rims, exhaust, etc...).

I am thinking about putting a carbon fiber wing on mine.

I dont care what other people think about the car.
we drive this car a little in the winter. my 92 tracer is the winter beater. have 16" kmc high groove wheels custom ground effects and coil overs wink I cannot ride in anything that's stock
Posted By: Keith Lennop Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/04/02 10:47 PM
Hey StreetConcepts, I have a 93 Tracer for my winter beater. I just rolled over 160,000 miles on it, and it still runs great.

Keith....
Posted By: LoCo Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/05/02 09:09 AM
Some of you are saying that wing is big? confused I think it looks good. And I have seen way bigger wings.
Posted By: Serk Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/05/02 09:54 PM
**** son..Thats Crazy, leave it on.....

LEAVE IT ON......

http://www.motorcities.com/contents/01JUB222338323.html

Check out my car....
I have a double APR double wing on my Contour and it works! I couldnt believe the difference. It looks exactly like the on on the Saleen Contour. The comments I have recieved from it have been good. The older people arent real sure and often say take it off. The younger gens love it.
Brian

Posted By: typhoon Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/12/02 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

Now this, in my opinion, is a tacky contour.

StreetConcepts, ever given though to painting the center of the wing to match the rest of the car? I didn't even see the thing in the first pic! Might make the wing look more a part of the car as well.
Posted By: frdkntr Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 01/12/02 03:34 AM
bro, as long as you like it thats all that matters, anyway i think it looks good!
Posted By: Brendon Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/21/02 06:08 AM
looks sweet man keep it i have a question maybee you can answer me how can i find a body kit for a 1995 mystique gs is it possible to find or am i wanting the impossible let me know emial me

kobe2102@yahoo.com
Posted By: 8AZ28 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/21/02 07:07 AM
Quote:

I always wonder why nobody buys the actual OE ford motorsport version???? :rolleyes: [/QB]
I called SVT right after I bought my car. I asked them why do the base and "sport" Contours come with a trunk spoiler and the SVT doesn't. Their answer was that the OE Ford design is for cosmetic purposes. They said that their track testing indicated a LOSS of 3-4 mph top end speed.
Posted By: SVTJOE Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/21/02 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 8AZ28:
Quote:

I called SVT right after I bought my car. I asked them why do the base and "sport" Contours come with a trunk spoiler and the SVT doesn't. Their answer was that the OE Ford design is for cosmetic purposes. They said that their track testing indicated a LOSS of 3-4 mph top end speed.[/QB]
WOW that is really intresting!

Good find!
Posted By: user1234 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/22/02 05:38 PM
get rid of it! E1's look so nice w/out a wing on the back!
Posted By: Bombig Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/22/02 08:20 PM
Wow that is a great part.in Germany we said "Der macht nen schlanken Fuß" I wisch that we can buy anything in Germany but there is no chance.it looks very good.
http://www.contour.org/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=40;t=002805
Posted By: FlaFocus Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/23/02 03:40 AM
Looks like ass. eek
Posted By: GreenNuggs Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/23/02 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FlaFocus:
Looks like ass. eek
and so does your Focus..... :rolleyes:
Posted By: CarpePoon Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/24/02 01:12 AM
I dont mind the wing, personally I think it takes away from the smooth lines of the SVT. And is it just me or have the side skirts been painted a different color silver??
Posted By: contourd Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/26/02 02:37 PM
I think it looks ok... Not to my taste but it doesn't look out of place...
Posted By: SweetVT Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 07/26/02 05:40 PM
From the dungeons of search eek
Posted By: The Gables Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 08/02/02 09:55 AM
Dont care for it much, Id lose it
Posted By: Gary Knipe Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 08/03/02 08:53 PM
I have one on a silver Contour SVT and I like it.
You do get alot of looks.
Posted By: -KontoFoSho Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 08/03/02 11:45 PM
Alright...but not wonderful
Posted By: skeeter99 Re: Touring wing on SVT. Like? Dislike? - 08/03/02 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I think the CSVT's look best without a wing. They really do break up the rolling curves (as Andy W. said) and they are non-functional (as ancosta said). If you want your car to stand out some, go for a custom paint job and put some cool rims on it (think PPG Pace Car).
I'd have to agree 100% but if you like it, thats all that matters.

What is the purpose of such a large object other than "looks" ,adding drag & decreasing your mileage. It certainly won't provide any useful downforce at cornering speeds.

I would lose it. Sorry, just not my cup-o-tea.
serk's contour has the same spoiler and it looks good on his car, i think so at least!!

© CEG Archives